• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you,

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Miles to Detrioit ?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the cap hit we couldn't do that if we wanted to. I'm a little confused why we would want to go with Williams as our #2 and Harris as our #3 seeing as how we are leading our division and all, but that part really doesn't even matter since we can't do it.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you for say, a 2nd round pick ?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the cap hit we couldn't do that if we wanted to. I'm a little confused why we would want to go with Williams as our #2 and Harris as our #3 seeing as how we are leading our division and all, but that part really doesn't even matter since we can't do it.

Does it not work because it accelerates cap hit to this year?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you for say, a 2nd round pick ?

Nope. For a productive WR while we lead the division and have a good offensive thing going, they would have to over-pay to pry him away. For me, the price would have to start with a 1st and go from there. No one is going to pay that for a WR though, so its really a moot point.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have something to play for then I dont see why we would ever worsen our team. I dont care if it was for a first- not that Miles would bring that. I have always felt that Romo is the most under appreciated player we have. For some reason, Miles runs a very close second. We all have our opinions and Im not trying to start a firestorm here. I know some are ready to part ways with him and at seasons end it may happen. There is no one on this team right now ready to step in and do what MiLES can do. Again just my opinion.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Detroit, I would be giving Tennessee a call. They have a very disgruntled WR here.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Detroit, I would be giving Tennessee a call. They have a very disgruntled WR here.

If anyone is moving a WR, especially for a first rounder, it is CLE.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Miles for a second, not because of the cap hit; because in reality it could work, you could make it work some how some way; but rather because we trade Miles Williams is not ready, so now you can double Witten and Dez and then you leave one on one coverage on Williams and force him to beat you which would kill us. In 2 years yes, now no!

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Miles for a second, not because of the cap hit; because in reality it could work, you could make it work some how some way; but rather because we trade Miles Williams is not ready, so now you can double Witten and Dez and then you leave one on one coverage on Williams and force him to beat you which would kill us. In 2 years yes, now no!

Don't think Harris or Beasly are good enough to fill in ? Miles has not been exactly beating that single coverage.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not at is point. Trading and cutting players are very similar when it comes to the cap. This year would be unchanged, but the remainder of his Unallocated bonus would hit next year (similar to a post 6/1 cut). After looking at his current cap hit for next year, the hit of cutting him ($8M)is actually very similar to what it would be if we keep him and don't renegotiate! So, as stupid as incurring an $8M cap hit by trading him sounds, the fact that we incur an even bigger cap hit by keeping him (slightly) means technically we could do it - and of course highlights our cap problem. I just don't see how we could do it in all practicality unless we were going to cut him any way. But, like I said I just can't see us go with such inexperienced WRs...especially with Dez already having two separate injuries this year...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jarntt is correct. Austin has already been paid $7,853,600 that is scheduled to be part of future caps. Trading or releasing him would bring that figure into this year's* cap. The Cowboys would need to free up a lot of space. $4.7M of that is from this year so the contract could possibly be re-written to convert the bonus back into salary assuming the Lions agreed to pay it, (which isn't unreasonable). Even so finding $3M elsewhere would be hard. It's probably do-able with some financial chicanery but it could put the Cowboys in a really bad spot for 2014. Best to let this 1 go.

Later edit: * or next year's

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is moving a WR, especially for a first rounder, it is CLE.

Thats a fact, Cleveland is dangling Josh Gordon and hasn't gotten a #1 yet, we surely aren't getting one for Austin. Even if Detroit went a #2, I wouldn't do it. We have a shot at the playoffs, and Austin had nearly 1000 yards last year. Moving Harris or Williams to #2 may sound good on paper, until teams put their best corner on them and take them out of the game while always playing over/under against Bryant. Even if Austin isn't what he was a few years back, he still draws respect from the defense

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Hayden over Gordon. To bad our cap has Jerry's hand tied. Couldn't do something like that even if he wanted to.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate post like this.

One it's never a good trade if you have cap issues and it cost you money..... Period. We have a cap issue to deal with... why put ourselves in a worse situation
Only way it would make sence is if it was a crazy trade... 2 1st rounders ... that type of deal.... but you are living in fantasy land if you think we could even get a 1st OR A 2nd for an injured player.

I dont think we could get anything for Austin ..... nothing worth letting him go anyway. To me at best a late 4th early 5th.... which he is way more valuable to this team than that.

Don't agree with Hayden either. You just spent a boat load on Carr. And a 1st rounder on Mo..... plus Scandrick is possibly the highest payed 3rd corner in the league .... Just wouldnt make sence from any standpoint.