• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would any of these Quarterbacks make an impact if they played for Rutgers/Iowa State/Arizona/Vandy

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do these guys have "something special" that would make a bad team a lot better or are they good where they are because of the "talent around them".

On a scale of 1-10 with a 10 being the best/how do you rate their ability to make a bad team better.

Baker Mayfield - Probably makes a team better with the way he can complete balls and scramble and make things happen. Since he has almost no escape speed, he'd probably get detonated on in the first couple of games and be out for the season though. I'd go 7/10.

J.T. Barrett - I think he makes a bad team better with his escapability and not his passing. A bad team wouldn't have receivers that are that fast and he wouldn't be able to just "throw the ball up" and let them outrun the coverage and score. 7/10

Sam Darnold - I'm going to need some help here. Didn't see him enough to know a lot. What I do know is that he already took a bad team and made them better, so I'm giving him an 8/10.

Jake Browning - Saw this guy a few times and did some good things. The last 2 games he got totally disrupted by opposing defenses, so I'm thinking he'd do the same on a bad team. Was this due to his shoulder; I don't know, but I'm going with 3/10.

Jalen Hurts - This guy is on a great team with great talent, literally, at every position. I've rewatched some of his games from last year on the espn top 25 games of 2016, and it occurred to me that he isn't that great of passer, doesn't have super escapability, but has good speed and is a good game manager mainly because of the team he's on. I'm going with a 5/10.

Lamar Jackson - Never seen such little hype over a returning Heisman winner, ever. I think the end of last year, that teams were schemed better for him when they knew what he was which might give you an idea of how he would perform on a bad team. Escapability/excellent, passing/good, intangibles/good, so I'm going with a 7/10.

Wilton Speight - The only team he would make better if he was on a bad team would be Michigan. 1/10

List your QB and rate him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.T. Barrett - I think he makes a bad team better with his escapability and not his passing. A bad team wouldn't have receivers that are that fast and he wouldn't be able to just "throw the ball up" and let them outrun the coverage and score. 7/10
I'd love to see him be the kind of QB who could launch bombs to fast WRs but that's never been his game.

Of OSU's QBs, I think Joey Burrow would be the best one to go elsewhere and make a bad team decent. If you put him on a team like Maryland, I think they're an 8 win team. If you put him on Wisconsin, they are unbeaten going into the CCG. If you put him on LSU, they take Bama down to the wire this year. He'd be starting on 85% of college teams this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you didn't put the best QB in the country on your list

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett, Hurts & Mayfield need to stay where they are at.

Speight will be benched by his current team before the season is over, so we can forget
him.

No one person can improve Rutgers and Arizona. At least, not in the win column.

Darnold and Browning could help Iowa State. Iowa St is just a step too slow and lacks
quality depth. But they are usually competitive in 80% of their games. Both of those
guys might help them get to 6 wins.

Jackson would help Iowa State also, but not as good as Darnold and Browning.
Jackson would, however, get Vandy to 8 or 9 wins.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Eason sucked last year and Kirby is not making me very optimistic about him this season.

Sounds like the defense should be pretty good though.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lamar Jackson "helps" either the most purely because of his running factor.

JT Barrett isn't anywhere near as dynamic of a runner. He's a better passer overall in the accuracy department (neither is an elite passer) but that's enough to make up for the huge advantage of Jackson's running ability

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen is an interesting one. Made huge plays when he needed to, and only lost a NC because the other team had a QB that took our defense to the shed. He definitely got better as the season progressed, but I think this year's Jalen will be light years better as I think the playbook is all open to him from the beginning.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say all those guys except speight would help the teams you have listed in the title. Maybe add a game to the win column. Nothing major although that extra win for Vandy could help them get to the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

Seems like the vols are gonna roll with 2 qbs to start. Quentin Dormady is a better qb. Jarrett Guarantano is the other fella. He was rated #1 dual threat qb by some places in 2015. I'm sensing something similar to last year when Butch Jones promised Jalen Hurd the moon and is now in the same spot with Guarantano. Dormady rocks the old school sleeves which is a big plus in my book. They even have their own twitter account.

Anyhow, neither have had any meaningful game experience so I'm just going to assume they suck and hope for the best.