• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Teams In Professional Sports In 2016 Into 2017

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are better than that.

Yeah, I have more faith in Hundley than just one win. The point is that Rodgers masks a lot of problems with this team - pull him out of the equation and things will get ugly quickly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they already have hit one with Embiid (assuming that injuries don't keep haunting him) & may have actually hit with another with Simmons (just won't know until he starts playing which should be real soon).

Plus they own the Lakers pick this year if not in the top 3 (and their own pick). That Sixers roster is starting to come together, and if they can get a better fit in return for Noel or Okafor (currently in trade talks with the Pelicans around Okafor), they can continue their rise. They're 19-34 so far after only winning 10 games all of last year. Embiid was a snub for the all-star team and could earn his way on as early as next season (they have been very careful with his minutes this year). I feel the Sixers could be in play for the 8th seed as soon as next season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember saying that about Spagnuolo.

Fisher was essentially twice as good as Spagnuolo during their time with the Rams, and jumped from 2-14 to 7-8-1 in one season. The improvement peaked right there unfortunately, until the team gave up on him this year and the wheels came off.

That said, the horrible season for the Rams should have them on this list, but I think most expect a return to at least the 7-9 bullshit level for next season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher was essentially twice as good as Spagnuolo during their time with the Rams, and jumped from 2-14 to 7-8-1 in one season. The improvement peaked right there unfortunately, until the team gave up on him this year and the wheels came off.

That said, the horrible season for the Rams should have them on this list, but I think most expect a return to at least the 7-9 bullshit level for next season.
Fisher was twice as good as Spagnuolo if only because he stabilized the secondary.

I think the key for the Rams is to keep the young players they have that actually have talent. Fisher inherited a lot of mediocrity from the Spagnuolo era and doubled down on that by overpaying average to mediocre veterans. A team like the Rams just can't continue to be one of the youngest teams in the league year in and year out. They need to have some locker room leadership from players that aren't inferior in god given talent than the rookies coming in.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher was twice as good as Spagnuolo if only because he stabilized the secondary.

I think the key for the Rams is to keep the young players they have that actually have talent. Fisher inherited a lot of mediocrity from the Spagnuolo era and doubled down on that by overpaying average to mediocre veterans. A team like the Rams just can't continue to be one of the youngest teams in the league year in and year out. They need to have some locker room leadership from players that aren't inferior in god given talent than the rookies coming in.

I think that the key is Goff by a long shot. They just hired a head coach who is considered a QB guru. I am also sure that they will work to acquire additional offensive weapons. No more excuses for Goff, and if he doesn't pan out I find it very hard to believe that the Rams can be any better than middle of the pack for the foreseeable future.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the key is Goff by a long shot. They just hired a head coach who is considered a QB guru. I am also sure that they will work to acquire additional offensive weapons. No more excuses for Goff, and if he doesn't pan out I find it very hard to believe that the Rams can be any better than middle of the pack for the foreseeable future.

If Goff fails and the team is really bad again this year, they have their full complement of picks in 2018. They can try again with a QB if need be (whomever emerges from the potential group of Jackson, Rosen, Rudolph, Falk, Mayfield, etc.).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a scale of 1-32, where do you think the Rams offense ranks in surrounding talent?

Maybe 20th? Gurley, Austin (if he can finally emerge under a real OC), and some young guards and a right tackle. Last year's WR picks haven't been given a chance to prove anything, and I don't expect Britt or Quick back.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have more faith in Hundley than just one win. The point is that Rodgers masks a lot of problems with this team - pull him out of the equation and things will get ugly quickly.

I agree, but not 1-15 ugly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 20th? Gurley, Austin (if he can finally emerge under a real OC), and some young guards and a right tackle. Last year's WR picks haven't been given a chance to prove anything, and I don't expect Britt or Quick back.
Youd have to be really optimistic to say 20th. Gurley and Austin would have to turnaround significantly and I'm a bit doubtful that Austin can.

Goff improving would do wonders. Ever since Bradford has left, the Rams have had bottom 5 QB play (Davis, Keenum) and last place QB play (Foles, Goff)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youd have to be really optimistic to say 20th. Gurley and Austin would have to turnaround significantly and I'm a bit doubtful that Austin can.

Goff improving would do wonders. Ever since Bradford has left, the Rams have had bottom 5 QB play (Davis, Keenum) and last place QB play (Foles, Goff)
no kidding....there aren't enough bad offenses to push the rams to 20.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Gurley still is a top 5 RB, and have a lot of faith that a real OC will help get this mess on the right track. There's an 80 yds/game difference between the Rams and last year's #20 (Kansas City); I wouldn't be surprised to see the combination of McVay's influence, a full offseason as the #1 for Goff with REAL QB coaching, and a sorted running game cutting that gap considerably, but 80 yards is more than I anticipated as a gap. Scoring gap is a TD (7 ppg).

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be our own Bruins IMO

Sixers are going to be fine.............

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers are on the verge of something good. Got to think they're a playoff team as soon as next year.