• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Teams In Professional Sports In 2016 Into 2017

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 and into 2017 only

Cleveland Browns......What a mess
Brooklyn Nets......Yikes
San Fransisco 49ers.........mismanagement
New York Jets....What a mess..... The Sequel
Philadelphia 76ers.......been this way forever
Chicago Bears.......mismanagement part 2
Colorado Avalanche
Minnesota Twins
New York Knicks.......Phil Jackson, GENIUS
Jacksonville Jaguars.....looks bad

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 and into 2017?

Jaguars are maybe a couple of players away from being decent. They just need to figure out how to stay out of the basement in turnover differential and they need to figure out how to run the ball. Those two issues are almost related so they always have the potential to turn things around especially after getting rid of a pretty historically inept coach.

Its almost too easy to list NBA teams when only 2-6 teams have any chance at winning a title in any given year.

Kinda surprised the Rams aren't on the list after seeing Gurley's season completely tank, Tavon Austin mostly bust, Greg Robinson completely bust, Goff look awful and the Goff trade looking pretty awful considering that they could've just waited a year and gotten a QB from this years crop without trading up. 2016 was pretty much a worst case scenario for them though things could definitely improve with some better coaching.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of like the 76ers future. I think they're in the East finals within 3 years

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of like the 76ers future. I think they're in the East finals within 3 years

Very possible. The guy picked # 1 overall (Simmons) still has not played for them & they have one of the best young big men in the NBA at this time. They also have the potential to grab another high pick this offseason.

This is how it goes in the NBA now - either be great (e.g. Warriors) or suck big time & at least have the chance of picking up young talent over time. Of course this model doesn't work for a lot of teams & the one & done rule has made it very difficult to predict future success.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree here. We'll see what happens when Simmons comes back but they are 1 win away from matching their best season in the last 4 years. That's not saying much, but potentially trending in the right direction.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible. The guy picked # 1 overall (Simmons) still has not played for them & they have one of the best young big men in the NBA at this time. They also have the potential to grab another high pick this offseason.

This is how it goes in the NBA now - either be great (e.g. Warriors) or suck big time & at least have the chance of picking up young talent over time. Of course this model doesn't work for a lot of teams & the one & done rule has made it very difficult to predict future success.
There's also the "make a trade with a division rival for 4 1st round picks in 5 years in exchange for aging veterans and watch them implode" model. Celtics are trying it, hopefully it works.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my Bears need to be on the list. Not looking forward to the next few seasons.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they've been rebuilding longer than Tokyo after every Godzilla movie. Still, I do think they probably shouldn't be on the list. Constantly rebuilding in the NBA is better than being stuck in the middle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 and into 2017 only

Brooklyn Nets......Yikes
Colorado Avalanche
Minnesota Twins

I can comment on a few of the NFL teams.

Browns...possibly the worse managed pro franchise in all of sports...seemingly everything (from ownership, GM, HC, to players) they touch turns to shit. By many accounts Hue Jackson is a good football coach. He couldn't convince Alex Mack to stay, so they essentially gutted the team of it's top vets with the exception Joe Thomas...2 key guys on the OL. As a result could keep a QB healthy for more than 3 games in a row...they do have some good young DEF players, but not nearly enough to compete for 4 Qtrs...they did good to win 1 game. Maybe they get back to 4 to 6 wins next season.

Jets...Bowles may just not be HC material, but they just invested money in a players past their prime (Revis) and pent their hopes on a QB also past his prime that had his best yr ever at 35 y/o or whatever. IMO they could rebound to at least 9 wins with better QB play....time to cut bait with Revis though.

Jags...I agree with Clayton. This team is closer to a .500 team than the record might indicate. They need to get Bortles back on the right track, enough talent to have at least one 1k yd WR...DEF has some solid pcs with Fowler, Ramsey, Ngakoue, and Jack...have to wonder if they have the right coaching.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they've been rebuilding longer than Tokyo after every Godzilla movie. Still, I do think they probably shouldn't be on the list. Constantly rebuilding in the NBA is better than being stuck in the middle.

At some point constant rebuilding and being a 40-45 win team that can't get out of the second round (Hawks) become the same thing.

At some point PHI will actually hit with one of these lottery picks, but who knows what the cast will be like then.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point constant rebuilding and being a 40-45 win team that can't get out of the second round (Hawks) become the same thing.

At some point PHI will actually hit with one of these lottery picks, but who knows what the cast will be like then.

Actually they already have hit one with Embiid (assuming that injuries don't keep haunting him) & may have actually hit with another with Simmons (just won't know until he starts playing which should be real soon).

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Aaron Rodgers blowing out his knee during preseason practice. Packers go 1-15 in 2017 with the only win a 15-12 field goal fest in Lambeau against the Bears.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they already have hit one with Embiid (assuming that injuries don't keep haunting him) & may have actually hit with another with Simmons (just won't know until he starts playing which should be real soon).

That's part of what I mean...injuries have kept some of their lottery picks from excelling.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of what I mean...injuries have kept some of their lottery picks from excelling.

True but the injuries do not appear to be as devastating as in the past. Imbiid has contributed quite a bit & his injury only kept him out a while & he should be returning any day. Simmons is also about ready to return. This is certainly better than the recent past where players didn't suit up for a year or longer. There is some promise here - only time will tell.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are getting ready to explode. Not only that there's a chance they walk away with picks 1 and 4 and also have the Kings 1st in 2019 what's starting to look like another possible top 3 pick. They are gonna be good.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 and into 2017?

Jaguars are maybe a couple of players away from being decent. They just need to figure out how to stay out of the basement in turnover differential and they need to figure out how to run the ball. Those two issues are almost related so they always have the potential to turn things around especially after getting rid of a pretty historically inept coach.

Its almost too easy to list NBA teams when only 2-6 teams have any chance at winning a title in any given year.

Kinda surprised the Rams aren't on the list after seeing Gurley's season completely tank, Tavon Austin mostly bust, Greg Robinson completely bust, Goff look awful and the Goff trade looking pretty awful considering that they could've just waited a year and gotten a QB from this years crop without trading up. 2016 was pretty much a worst case scenario for them though things could definitely improve with some better coaching.

They got rid of Jeff Fisher's ass. Regardless what else is crackin, that in and of itself is a HUGE bonus.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got rid of Jeff Fisher's ass. Regardless what else is crackin, that in and of itself is a HUGE bonus.
I remember saying that about Spagnuolo.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 and into 2017 only

Brooklyn Nets......Yikes
Colorado Avalanche
Minnesota Twins

76'ers have shown massive improvement with Embiid and when he and Simmons are back at full strength next year, this team could compete for the top spot in the division and hopefully in the next 2 to 3 yrs from now, title contenders.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously how did the rams not make this list....

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Aaron Rodgers blowing out his knee during preseason practice. Packers go 1-15 in 2017 with the only win a 15-12 field goal fest in Lambeau against the Bears.

The Packers are better than that.