• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Working on getting a African Safari set up

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buddy down in Nebraska and I have just started talks to go on safari this will be my first his second. I know I want to go after a leopard and spring buck or impala. I believe a couple old Foxes are gonna go over for some bird hunting as well. Something my buddy and I both want to do is shoot some sand grouse, francolin, guineafowl, quail, and maybe some duck and goose hunting as well. We both have deciede that Leopard hunting along with the bird hunting is what we really want to do our plan is to be over there for two weeks at least. Plus six months ago I sent a Winchester M70 .30-06 over to Idaho to a rifle maker I know to build the m70 into a .35 Whelen he sent me photos of the the english claro walnut stock he is working on my tounge was hanging out that gun gonna make a dandy leopard rifle.

I know some of you guys would want to go over there for the plains games and maybe a Dugga Boy but my plan is to hunt them down the road.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sounds like fun
a dr i work with has gone over to hunt LARGE game

he showed me the rounds he used, and holy jebus they were huge.....

take pictures of things you kill

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be atleast two years out at the earliest it looks like. My plan is once I get M70 custom gun back later on this year I'm gonna get a lion tag here in SD and go after one I know the .35 Whelen will be over kill but there is nothing better than a big bullet putting the hammer down. I'll be taking a ton of pictures while I'm there. We just started the talks it will take a month or two to get everything work out.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just buy a A-Squared .557 T-Rex

Last edited by a moderator:

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like we got it booked for june 2012 for two weeks of fun I'll know more in a couple of weeks. Nambia for some good old upland hunting and going after a leopard and a few antlope. The .35 Whelen is closer to being done. Plus I just scored a nice very little used LH Dakota .375 H&H. So I've gotta get me a new set of redding dies to do a little reloading. The Dakota got some nice french walnut and the price was right.