• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods' Fall Is Complete

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He honestly exceeded my expectations in this tournament.

I'm shocked he even made the cut.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He honestly exceeded my expectations in this tournament.

I'm shocked he even made the cut.

Slightly decent putting would likely have given him one of the best rounds of the day. Will this lead to more improved play for the rest of the year? Who knows.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! When a tie for 37th place is cause to celebrate, you know Woods is done. In the old days he'd be pitchin' a bitch and refusing post-round interviews if he placed 37th.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers play at the Greenbrier was definitely good enough to make a move on the World golf rankings.

Down 6 to 226.

Good news for Tiger is they don't keep track below 300.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spin is in full effect.

They can't stop telling you that Tiger was 4 shots back from the lead at the end of yesterdays round.
But nobody wanted to tell you he was tied for 26th and 4 shots above the cut line.

If he is "in the hunt" and not in danger of missing the cut they never will say anything bad about him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly decent putting would likely have given him one of the best rounds of the day. Will this lead to more improved play for the rest of the year? Who knows.

Tiger is showing glimpses of great play, but the consistently required to be anywhere near his peak standard imo is a pipe dream today.
Tigers play at the Greenbrier was definitely good enough to make a move on the World golf rankings.

Down 6 to 226.

Good news for Tiger is they don't keep track below 300.

The Fall is complete, as the saying goes...what goes up, must come down...but it was a helluva ride.

The good...the money...Tiger helped increase tour revenue a great deal with major spikes in TV ratings...for that the players...most of them will be forever grateful to Tiger. Too bad guys that could play like Johnny Miller, Lanny Watkins, etc. missed the Woods era...Love, Els, Furyk...these guys have made tons of cash playing the tour during the Woods era.

Clearly Tiger still has some game, but it's also clear to me that he's not going to be any kind of a consistent threat in majors anymore...he might hang around at Augusta...I wonder how long can he take being just another golfer...not in the mix on Sunday? Another 2, maybe 3 years is all I can see...if he hadn't won anything by then I think he'll be done with tour golf altogether.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is showing glimpses of great play, but the consistently required to be anywhere near his peak standard imo is a pipe dream today.

The Fall is complete, as the saying goes...what goes up, must come down...but it was a helluva ride.

The good...the money...Tiger helped increase tour revenue a great deal with major spikes in TV ratings...for that the players...most of them will be forever grateful to Tiger. Too bad guys that could play like Johnny Miller, Lanny Watkins, etc. missed the Woods era...Love, Els, Furyk...these guys have made tons of cash playing the tour during the Woods era.

Clearly Tiger still has some game, but it's also clear to me that he's not going to be any kind of a consistent threat in majors anymore...he might hang around at Augusta...I wonder how long can he take being just another golfer...not in the mix on Sunday? Another 2, maybe 3 years is all I can see...if he hadn't won anything by then I think he'll be done with tour golf altogether.

Note that I asked whether Tiger would play better for the rest of the year - I never mentioned anything about contending for majors. Until proven otherwise that is probably all that he should expect moving forward. Oh well - if the worst that happens for him is that he has his kids & a ton of money - well - doesn't seem too bad to me. Unlike other sports - at least many golfers have their health (for the most part) & lots of money in their later years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that I asked whether Tiger would play better for the rest of the year - I never mentioned anything about contending for majors. Until proven otherwise that is probably all that he should expect moving forward. Oh well - if the worst that happens for him is that he has his kids & a ton of money - well - doesn't seem too bad to me. Unlike other sports - at least many golfers have their health (for the most part) & lots of money in their later years.

I hear ya...baby steps are in order I suppose.

Tiger won't be a sympathetic figure to me...he had a great run, boat loads of cash.