• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the season coming down to last 3-4 games for teams

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 11 players have amassed 30 homers or more, 4 players (Ibanez, Ortiz, belter, c.carter) sit at 29

even if those players get to 30, it will the least amount of players reaching that mark in the last decade+

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's important to note that this was a bizarre year. There were suspensions to guys who certainly would have reached 30, and then a ton of guys got hurt.

Check this out: 2013 Major League Baseball Standard Batting - Baseball-Reference.com

Can anyone remember the last time this few player played 150+ games? I just feel like soooo many guys missed significant time this year, particularly quality players.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's important to note that this was a bizarre year. There were suspensions to guys who certainly would have reached 30, and then a ton of guys got hurt.

Check this out: 2013 Major League Baseball Standard Batting - Baseball-Reference.com

Can anyone remember the last time this few player played 150+ games? I just feel like soooo many guys missed significant time this year, particularly quality players.

yeah, Harper for sure would have got 30, Ryan Howard if he would have played 130+ games would have gotten 30 too. Just two examples atleast

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Harper for sure would have got 30, Ryan Howard if he would have played 130+ games would have gotten 30 too. Just two examples atleast
Harper I agree with, but you can't assume Howard is a 30 HR hitter anymore. He was only on pace for 22 had he played 150 games. He's just a shitty, shitty hitter now, in addition to being injury prone.

Jose Bautista
Nelson Cruz
Carlos Gonzalez
Ryan Braun
Hanley Ramirez
Troy Tulowitzki (though his injuries should be expected at this point)
Giancarlo Stanton
Jayson Werth
Colby Rasmus
Michael Cuddyer
David Wright might have had an outside shot, but he hasn't hit 30 in a while thanks to Citi Field
Albert Pujols

All would have easily reached 30 if they played 145-160 games. Injuries happen as we know, but I feel like there was a particularly large number of injuries to power hitters this year. Plus the suspensions.