• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Windows???

Are the Commanders now IN their window of opportunity to win long-term?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • 2. No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you know, there is an ongoing debate over what to do or not do about improving this current team Question:

Now that the Commanders have their quarterback, are they now in their window of opportunity to win long-term? (Not Superbowls, not division or playoffs)

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get players that are better than what we have for a reasonable price in order to win. You do it because there are no guarantees of what might happen next year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get players that are better than what we have for a reasonable price in order to win. You do it because there are no guarantees of what might happen next year
What about the question, are they now in that long-term winning status?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windows... We Talking bout windows...... Windows!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A window, but I get it, and it's a funny response!

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread... LOL...

But yes I do think the "window" is fully opened for the Commanders right now. Daniels appears to be the answer and this team seems to be in good form so maybe not Super Bowl this year but in a few years I do think so

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing I thought of when I saw this thread... LOL...

But yes I do think the "window" is fully opened for the Commanders right now. Daniels appears to be the answer and this team seems to be in good form so maybe not Super Bowl this year but in a few years I do think so
Yeah, there's a 10-minute limit on changes and when it hit me it was too late to change anything.

Thanks for your answer to the question, I'm considering where I stand with this question because it's so early and new to this organization. The one thing that I'm sure of is they're no longer in the pro-football wilderness. My uncertainty comes from knowing there's a formula to beat them and a formula where they defeat others, so consistent winning at this stage is a bit iffy IMHO.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a 10-minute limit on changes and when it hit me it was too late to change anything.

Thanks for your answer to the question, I'm considering where I stand with this question because it's so early and new to this organization. The one thing that I'm sure of is they're no longer in the pro-football wilderness. My uncertainty comes from knowing there's a formula to beat them and a formula where they defeat others, so consistent winning at this stage is a bit iffy IMHO.

I knew exactly what you meant though.... My mind just went to what I said lol.

There is a formula to winning and losing but it all comes down to execution and right now they are executing

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are not in their window to win it all right now.

Their defense is straight up bad. They need help at all levels.
They are not a threat to go to the superbowl let alone win the superbowl.
Their offense is missing a tight end threat that can stretch the seams, and a #2 wr.

They are a threat to make the post season, have a boatload of cap space and 4 top 100 picks, and a competent GM/Coaching staff.

Now that it appears that they have the qb, their goal should be to make the playoffs with a winning record and not a fluke, and hopefully win a game in the playoffs.

If that happens and GMAP has another killer offseason, they should set their sights on winning the division and hopefully making it to the NFc Championship.

Not this year though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are not in their window to win it all right now.

Their defense is straight up bad. They need help at all levels.
They are not a threat to go to the superbowl let alone win the superbowl.
Their offense is missing a tight end threat that can stretch the seams, and a #2 wr.

They are a threat to make the post season, have a boatload of cap space and 4 top 100 picks, and a competent GM/Coaching staff.

Now that it appears that they have the qb, their goal should be to make the playoffs with a winning record and not a fluke, and hopefully win a game in the playoffs.

If that happens and GMAP has another killer offseason, they should set their sights on winning the division and hopefully making it to the NFc Championship.

Not this year though.
Chiller, I believe that you might have misread the question. It's not about winning it all now, but becoming consistent winners. I appreciate your response and apologies if the question wasn't clear.
Btw: it looks like you might have stumbled onto an interesting nickname for Adam Peters... G-MAP!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my interpretation of window. I voted yes BTW.
This season, our division as well as other nfc contenders aren't quite gelling yet.
We on the other hand are, and i believe are the 2024 houston texans.

We are going to get eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs because we lack the talent AND experience to beat the packers, 49ers, lions, etc.

The window opens even further next year when we add key pieces, while stronger teams lose key players in FA.

Only a few of us here thought we could win more than 7 games this year. It appears we will but as I've stated, IMO if we don't make the playoffs, the year was a failure.

We could very much be in the superbowl 2 years from now. By that time the NFL will kindly make sure KC starts losing games.
So at least when we make it, we have a shot lol

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiller, I believe that you might have misread the question. It's not about winning it all now, but becoming consistent winners. I appreciate your response and apologies if the question wasn't clear.
Btw: it looks like you might have stumbled onto an interesting nickname for Adam Peters... G-MAP!

In case my reply is off, yes we are on our way to winning consistently. I still like adding Higgins long term, sorry im still not on board for riddick. And not to sound heartless but i think Allen is done here , because he's not gonna take a pay cut

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an assessment year , I don’t think window applies.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My mistake at misreading what you wrote.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is yes. If you can score 30 PPG, you will win consistently, even if your defense is garbage. You can even win a Super Bowl in this case.

Winning the Super Bowl is unlikely at this point, but possible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is driving me nuts. Don't have superbowl aspirations this year or make certain moves because, we are a 7 win team this year?
Coach who we have to a superbowl, but if you are being honest our ceiling is a playoff win