• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will there even be fans attending games this year?

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre season games have already been canceled. New Jersey has already stated that there will be no event in the Met life this year which is home to the Giants and Jets. Atlanta has stated that there will be a limit of 12,000 people in the Falcon stadium. It is hard to see the Governor of New York allowing the Bills to not have major restrictions on home games. Covid 19 is gone crazy in Florida, Texas and California which are home to eight more teams. Hard time see any games been played anytime soon in Phoenix. I can’t see Inslee allowing packed stadium in Seattle anytime soon.

The only way I see a season happening if they play in empty stadiums

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear it will be based on State by State and how C-19 is going, such as TX three weeks ago I would have said yes. not full but would have been around 25%. But as the state is now going sky high, no. There is just no way of knowing what it will look like in Oct during the fall months.

Remember this is summer and many believed the heat would slow down C-19, during flu season I can't see it being better than summer.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would give teams unfair advantages is their home games had noise when others didn't. If one state isn't allowing crowds, then the league should make it so no teams can have crowds. With that being said, they'll want profits where they can get it so I imagine they'll take the money over fairness.

I just hope we have a season, period.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV revenue drives the NFL, so I would guess they will try to have games if they can do so without a lot of players testing positive every week.

As far as I'm concerned, this will just be bar TV for the fall and winter. Limited practice will make it more like pickup games than a real pro league.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking there won't be any fans this year.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the board of a Packer fan club with about 400 people in the club. The club owns 65 season tickets which are shared among the club members through out the season. What is happening in GB is they will be limiting the amount of people in the stands to 12,000 per game. The stadium holds like 81,000

All tickets are owned by season ticket holders none are ever sold to the public. Each season ticket holder has to decide to opt in or opt out of tickets for this season. No matter what choice you make you still keep your season tickets for next year. For those that opt in and estimates are 50% of the season ticket holders they will have an opportunity to buy these 12,000 seats that they will be selling tickets for. So of those that opt in there is like a 20% chance of getting tickets. The first 10 rows of seats will be covered to keep fans away from players. Each fan in attendance will have to wear a mask. and fans will be 6ft away from other fans to social distance. There will be no tailgating in the parking lots and no beer guys selling beer in the stadium. I am not sure about food in the concession stands

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a better chance Inslee shuts everything down again than there is he allows fans at sporting events. Protesting (depending on the issue) is ok though!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a better chance Inslee shuts everything down again than there is he allows fans at sporting events. Protesting (depending on the issue) is ok though!
I think Inslee should shut down protests if he knew it would actually stop them. In reality, it would only lead to more protests.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad but true... Disheartening for sure...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardboard cutouts like baseball is doing?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that the season ticket holders will each get 1/3 of the games so that fans can be socially distanced... For example, My company has a suite that seats 20 and we were told we would get 6 tickets per game for the suite...

Season ticket holders would get 3 of the 8 games to attend... Only season ticket holders will be able to attend the games... Anyone else hear anything along these lines?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Seahawk STH’r the team has informed us that there will be no PS games and will get a credit for those. We have 2 options. Get your $ back in full and retain standing for next year’s tickets. Or just stand by and play it by ear.
At present, I am standing by.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Seahawk STH’r the team has informed us that there will be no PS games and will get a credit for those. We have 2 options. Get your $ back in full and retain standing for next year’s tickets. Or just stand by and play it by ear.

Yeah, I'm doing the same.

I typically go with friends who also have season tix, but none of us have packages together, so I doubt we'll be going to the same games if the above scenario happens.

Still not sure how I feel about going at all though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I opted out for this year. I just don't think things are going to line up for fans in our state to be able to attend a sporting event in 2020, and I didn't feel like giving the team a interest free loan until 2021 either. On top of that, I have about zero interest in going to Seattle right now or giving that city a single penny of my money. Depending on how things go from here, I'll see if I renew my tickets next year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that the season ticket holders will each get 1/3 of the games so that fans can be socially distanced... For example, My company has a suite that seats 20 and we were told we would get 6 tickets per game for the suite...

Season ticket holders would get 3 of the 8 games to attend... Only season ticket holders will be able to attend the games... Anyone else hear anything along these lines?
Nope, haven't heard that one. As someone already mentioned, season ticket holders did receive an email to outline options for 2020. If you decided to pause your tickets for 2020 (as I did) then you can either get a full refund now or let them keep your payment as a credit toward 2021. If you "wait and see" then of course canceled games will be credited back. The only thing that gave me a little pause for opting out this year was losing a chance to buy playoff tickets if that happens and if fans are allowed to go. But I just don't see Inslee doing it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance i'm going to a game right now, just not worth the risk, I don't want to get the virus and spread it to vulnerable family members... I'll watch from home