• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is it that...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis largely gets panned for not writing any songs, yet Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby are widely loved and adored when they never wrote a song either?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of any of the 3, I like Elvis's music better than Sinatra's or Crosby's. but I'm a far bigger fan of Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins from that era.

But it seems that Elvis's lack of songwriting abilities knocks him way down in the eyes of most, while Sinatra and Crosby seem to be loved by all.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis largely gets panned for not writing any songs, yet Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby are widely loved and adored when they never wrote a song either?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of any of the 3, I like Elvis's music better than Sinatra's or Crosby's. but I'm a far bigger fan of Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins from that era.

But it seems that Elvis's lack of songwriting abilities knocks him way down in the eyes of most, while Sinatra and Crosby seem to be loved by all.

Not sure about that Elvis is considered the King and people flock to see his grave. Never heard that type of fanfare for Sinatra , or Crosby. Even Forrest Gump learned to gyrate from him

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that Elvis is considered the King and people flock to see his grave. Never heard that type of fanfare for Sinatra , or Crosby. Even Forrest Gump learned to gyrate from him

The general public sure, but if you read through the music forum, and talk to the snobby types, they kill Elvis for not being a songwriter, but they still love Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby. Just makes no sense to me.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2019-1-20_10-16-23.jpeg

giphy.gif

Frank and Bing could never pull this song off.

th