• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are we in the bottom half of the league in yards per carry?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This caught my attention. We sit at 18th right now at 4.0 yards per carry. What is the cause of this? Gore being old? Roman's play-calling? Opposing defenses stacking the box, and Kaep and the passing game can't take advantage? Poor offensive line play?

Also, our longest rush of the season is 28 yards. If you can't think of any explosive running plays from this season, maybe this is why.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combination of things from what I have seen, Gore is getting older, the O Line hasn't been nearly as dominant as years past, teams are stacking the box against us because they are not afraid of our passing attack(and rightfully so).

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with all of the above about our problems. An underlying issue that we have no speed to worry the defense, they know that we cannot really get behind them. they can play tight with impunity.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also love to see a kick return go beyond the 25.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Team Dropped Passes: 2014 NFL Season

This^^^ along with injuries along the Oline all year and some suspect play calling

I agree with this completely. Look at the problems Vernon Davis has had this year with drops (I think two yesterday), they were drive killers at the time and have a trickle down effect on the offense. Its not just Vernon though, I have also noticed Crabtree have problems and there was that one game where Boldin had several. I wonder if its the velocity that Kaepernick puts on his throws?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this completely. Look at the problems Vernon Davis has had this year with drops (I think two yesterday), they were drive killers at the time and have a trickle down effect on the offense. Its not just Vernon though, I have also noticed Crabtree have problems and there was that one game where Boldin had several. I wonder if its the velocity that Kaepernick puts on his throws?

I want 10 mil a season, but the qb throws too hard. Sounds silly, dont it?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The velocity really didn't seem to be an issue the past couple of years. Not sure why it would be an issue this year.

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This caught my attention. We sit at 18th right now at 4.0 yards per carry. What is the cause of this? Gore being old? Roman's play-calling? Opposing defenses stacking the box, and Kaep and the passing game can't take advantage? Poor offensive line play?

Also, our longest rush of the season is 28 yards. If you can't think of any explosive running plays from this season, maybe this is why.

o-line isnt getting any push this year, they always run left which means every defense is gearing towards it theres a lot of fundamental reasons why this team simply isnt that good