• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's YOUR guy? Draft on Thursday!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know each year we get a draft pick- and some will boo, some will be happy. I kinda want to have a PROOF sheet if you will... So you can't say- "I told you so" or have egg on your face as the guy you hated and didn't want becomes a probowler in his rookie year.
For our BEARS... Please try and consider who could be available at the #7 pick. It's an odd draft so lots can happen and some guys could fall- but I doubt Winton or Williams will be there at #7. Pick em if you want- but just know you may be wasting your pick
Then list Would be happy with: Up to 3 picks.
Don't WANT: ONE guy.

My GUY is: WR Amari Cooper
Would be happy with: DE Vic Beasley, DE Donte Fowler Jr., WR Kevin White
DON'T WANT: QB Marcus Mariota

C

cubzzzfanincali

I want them to take whoever is highest on their draft board. I don't care who, or what position. It's a number seven pick. Take the most elite player available.

Purple Pimple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If for some odd reason White or Mariota are still on the board; the Bears will trade back. I think Pace is DESPERATE for more picks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is the guy I want. Would be OK with Gurley, or the best OL guy left. Funny part is I don't want any of the top Defensive players. I want to go offense and let the defense figure itself out this year. We have young guys on D that will now shine with a real D cord. Yes I know I am thinking backwards from most every Bear fan.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should be looking at Shelton. Dude is perfect for your D. Big time need as well. Obviously, I hope you dont take him, that is just who looks to fit best if you are truely going to a 3-4. Leonard Williams would fit as an DE as well as it looks like he may not go in the first 3 picks afterall.

Keep in mind I dont have any inside knowledge on the Bears other than trying to keep up with what is going on in the division.

Good luck.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Old Lion. He is the one D player I would want and for the reasons you stated. But he'll be long gone by 7 I,m expecting.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best defensive player on the draft board.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I would love for them to trade down and get some extra picks.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Old Lion. He is the one D player I would want and for the reasons you stated. But he'll be long gone by 7 I,m expecting.

IMO, Shelton will be there outside of 10...and they could possibly trade down and get him if hes the one they are targeting.

Otherwise, best available defensive(preferably front 7) player available.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Shelton will be there outside of 10...and they could possibly trade down and get him if hes the one they are targeting.

Otherwise, best available defensive(preferably front 7) player available.
....I,m betting Shelton is gone in the top 3 to 5 picks. I could be wrong. I'm not gonna complain if we go O or D. Just want a difference maker regardless of position.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Shelton- but I think he's slipping down the board since the combine. I don't think he's a top 10. IF they can trade down and get a mid teen and a late first- he'd be my first target @pick 13-16. Better value.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper,White or Williams.....happy with any of these three.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White will be it.

No chance they go WR in the first. Cannot possibly see it.

Well… I'd be very surprised. I suppose it isn't totally impossible.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance they go WR in the first. Cannot possibly see it.

Well… I'd be very surprised. I suppose it isn't totally impossible.

2 QB's, Fowler, Williams, Cooper & White may be gone by 7.... If so, who you got? I'm rather stumped. Could be Beasley, could be Gurley, there is talk about Sherff? Shelton? Trea ?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Just from what I am reading, it seems unlikely that either of the top 2 QBs or Williams or Fowler will be there at #7. I'd also be very surprised if at least one of the top 2 WRs isn't taken already. So that means it comes down to who gets taken at 6, the second WR, or Scherff.

So let's pretend for a second that the WR is the other guy taken, and that the best guy on the Bears board is the best OT in the draft. Do you take him? I realize OT is probably not our highest need, but it isn't like Mills is any kind of a long term answer, and it wouldn't kill me if they slid Bushrod to the right...is having an elite LT such a bad thing?

All very speculative of course. All boils down to how the Bear scouts see these things. But I won't be totally shocked if we wind up with a guy at a position we haven't been talking about.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from what I am reading, it seems unlikely that either of the top 2 QBs or Williams or Fowler will be there at #7. I'd also be very surprised if at least one of the top 2 WRs isn't taken already. So that means it comes down to who gets taken at 6, the second WR, or Scherff.

So let's pretend for a second that the WR is the other guy taken, and that the best guy on the Bears board is the best OT in the draft. Do you take him? I realize OT is probably not our highest need, but it isn't like Mills is any kind of a long term answer, and it wouldn't kill me if they slid Bushrod to the right...is having an elite LT such a bad thing?

All very speculative of course. All boils down to how the Bear scouts see these things. But I won't be totally shocked if we wind up with a guy at a position we haven't been talking about.

If Scherff isn't a LT, and by all accounts he is not a LT, G (for sure) or RT (maybe). Then it is a reach with the 7th pick to me. But then again, i'm not grading him, I don't do it for a living, I just play one here on these forums.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 QB's, Fowler, Williams, Cooper & White may be gone by 7.... If so, who you got? I'm rather stumped. Could be Beasley, could be Gurley, there is talk about Sherff? Shelton? Trea ?

Yeah. I'm starting to think it's more and more likely they may take an offensive skill position player. I think it's a disaster, but I'm starting to think it's realistic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm starting to think it's more and more likely they may take an offensive skill position player. I think it's a disaster, but I'm starting to think it's realistic.
We need talent period, either side of the ball. We just can't afford to miss on this pick.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody but a receiver. nelson agholar will be sitting there in the 2nd rd