• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's got the best set of running backs?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't have to be the Seahawks? With Lynch, Turbin, Michael,Harvin, Robinson and Ware the Seahawks are so loaded.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how Hunter does after his injury recovery , he was very good before the Achilles tear and LMJ has shown some nice flashes. I wouldn't count Harvin as he is not a pure back. Lynch is Lynch lets hope his case of fumbilitus (for your guys sake) doesn't rear its ugly head again, Turbin seemed under utilized last season at least from my perspective and Micheals is a rookie so who knows although there is definitely potential.
Fullbacks I'd say were pretty even both good imo.

Overall I'd say both teams are stacked at RB, definitely in better shape then our divisional rivals.

Osprey 1984

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Christine Michael doing so far? Can he have more touches than Turbin? or is it too early?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harvin is a WR so calling him a RB is cheating.

You know I think it's close between the 9ers and Hawks but there are too many unknowns for me to declare a better overall set.

Fullbacks are pretty much equal.

Lynch is clearly the best back overall but going off of last season SF got better overall production from it's RB corp than Seattle did.

The unknowns are obviously Michael who doesn't have an NFL carry yet and I've seen too many hyped backs flop to judge a back based on what he's supposed to be.

9ers have Hunter is coming off injury who does have all indication he'll be ready to go for training camp but again nobody knows how he'll do until he straps some pads on and gets some carries.

And heck now that I think about next season won't be easier to judge either as 9ers will be getting Lattimore who's a huge unknown. I mean he could be the stud 1st round back he would've been pre injury or he could be a shell of his former self.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have some unknown in regards to their running game.

Seahawks
1) Will lynch miss some games due to the DUI.
2) Backs going into their second season make their biggest leaps in improving. Due to know the system, terminology, being in sync with team mates. So Turbin has a chance to be a much improved runner.
3) Michael like all rookies will have to show he belongs. However his running style really fits the zone blocking the Seahawks use and I feeling real good about his chances to succeed with the Seahawks.
4) Spencer Ware another rookie who we'll have to wait to see how he does. I get a gut feeling that if he does well in camp he's got a shot to replace Robinson and I like Robinson. Robinson does all the dirty work and a great team mate. So it isn't that he needs replacing...it's just that Ware seems like he could be special.

49ers

1) Gore...what a warrior. I respect this guy, some of his games against us were nothing short of spectacular. However he at the age where ever year you wonder if he finally falls off the cliff performance wise. I think it will not happen this year, but you should at least expect some drop off.

2) Hunter is coming off a injury that forced him to miss a bunch of games. Will he be the same runner? Most likely, but until he shows in in games you just don't know.

3) LaMichael James every thing I said about second year runners applies to him also. I see him being much more of a factor this year.

Both teams gave a great starter and a solid backup and both teams drafted runners that could be their next great running back. I remember the Seahawks before Pete trying to get by with runners like Julius Jones and TJ Duckett, that was plain awful! So I look at our back field now and think...man are we loaded, but the 49ers are also, naturally I like our set better, but I'm looking thru those rose tinted glasses, at least to a small degree.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have some unknown in regards to their running game.

Seahawks
1) Will lynch miss some games due to the DUI.
2) Backs going into their second season make their biggest leaps in improving. Due to know the system, terminology, being in sync with team mates. So Turbin has a chance to be a much improved runner.
3) Michael like all rookies will have to show he belongs. However his running style really fits the zone blocking the Seahawks use and I feeling real good about his chances to succeed with the Seahawks.
4) Spencer Ware another rookie who we'll have to wait to see how he does. I get a gut feeling that if he does well in camp he's got a shot to replace Robinson and I like Robinson. Robinson does all the dirty work and a great team mate. So it isn't that he needs replacing...it's just that Ware seems like he could be special.

49ers

1) Gore...what a warrior. I respect this guy, some of his games against us were nothing short of spectacular. However he at the age where ever year you wonder if he finally falls off the cliff performance wise. I think it will not happen this year, but you should at least expect some drop off.

2) Hunter is coming off a injury that forced him to miss a bunch of games. Will he be the same runner? Most likely, but until he shows in in games you just don't know.

3) LaMichael James every thing I said about second year runners applies to him also. I see him being much more of a factor this year.

Both teams gave a great starter and a solid backup and both teams drafted runners that could be their next great running back. I remember the Seahawks before Pete trying to get by with runners like Julius Jones and TJ Duckett, that was plain awful! So I look at our back field now and think...man are we loaded, but the 49ers are also, naturally I like our set better, but I'm looking thru those rose tinted glasses, at least to a small degree.

You like your set better ? Lynch is good but Turbin goes down easier than a $10 Ho and Michael has never played.... Gore, a healthy Hunter and James > Seattles trio....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like your set better ? Lynch is good but Turbin goes down easier than a $10 Ho and Michael has never played.... Gore, a healthy Hunter and James > Seattles trio....

yeah this doesn't look like a troll post AT ALL lmao

Lynch> Gore Turbin=Hunter Michael>James (james is just to little to withstand a season of 200+ carries)

49ers oline>Seahawks Oline this is a given but that gap is closing. With better play and starters healthy all season for the Hawks on the Oline their RB will only produce better this coming season. All are younger and not near that dreaded 30 wall yet. The Hawks are 27,23,22 years old. 49ers are 30,25,24 ( Marcus is not listed because he will not play this coming season )

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this doesn't look like a troll post AT ALL lmao

Lynch> Gore Turbin=Hunter Michael>James (james is just to little to withstand a season of 200+ carries)

49ers oline>Seahawks Oline this is a given but that gap is closing. With better play and starters healthy all season for the Hawks on the Oline their RB will only produce better this coming season. All are younger and not near that dreaded 30 wall yet. The Hawks are 27,23,22 years old. 49ers are 30,25,24 ( Marcus is not listed because he will not play this coming season )

So a guy that has yet to play is over a player that played last season ? OK I get it you are Hawk Homers not true NFL fans........ BTW who said James will get 200 carries ? and if Lattimore gets healthy .......The future looks bright in Red and Gold

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's up dil joe?

I see you dismiss Michael here, yet in other threads talk about how great the RB stable in the long term will be in SF IF Lattimore ever plays.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB seems to be a serviceable position these days in the NFL. Its all in the passing game for every team. Beardown is right, Forte/Bush is pretty solid. Atlanta looks like a candidate for discussion. Washington, SF, Hawks, they are all like apples and oranges at this point. NY always pulls out a solid running game no matter who they put behind there. I dont see a front runner here...Damn, Denver has a running game too for this discussion.

Minnesota has the SCARIEST running game with a one man army lol

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how the high offense teams perform against the Seahawk' secondary. With the LOB + Winfield, they have the ability to be very stingy in pass defense. Obviously teams with great QB's will get their yards. But, teams like GB, NE, NO, etc try to put so many points on the board quickly to force the other team to change their game plans. If you can't run up the score, then you need a strong running game to grind out those yards near the goal line. I think in that way, Seattle and SF are kind of throwbacks to teams that Dallas had in the early 90's. Strong defense, strong running game and a dangerous passing game that punishes teams for over-committing to the run. It is all predicated on the ability of our corners to play bump and run allowing us to play single high safety with the strong safety in the box.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Titans can be in the running. I wouldn't say to the level of Seahawks and 49ers, but they are pretty decent with Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene. I still would put Seahawks and Niners above them though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Titans can be in the running. I wouldn't say to the level of Seahawks and 49ers, but they are pretty decent with Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene. I still would put Seahawks and Niners above them though.

I agree and I think you see the Titans running the ball a lot this upcoming season.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Is this for the NFC West only?
Because the combination of Peterson, Gerhart and Felton is pretty tough to beat.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Christine Michael doing so far? Can he have more touches than Turbin? or is it too early?

From how it was communicated, Michael is going to worked slowly into the offense. Not because he can't handle it (He was reported to look extremely quick and explosive during individual and team drills) during the OTAs.

But because Lynch is still in his prime and Christine was drafted to develop and eventually take over. Lynch is utterly beast right now, but his type of play (most yds after contact in the NFL), he delivers and takes a lot of abuse.

So expect to see him out there in 2013, but limited unless Lynch gets hurt.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this for the NFC West only?
Because the combination of Peterson, Gerhart and Felton is pretty tough to beat.

Well any back field that includes AP is tough to beat. The other two guys be lucky to see any carries with AP ahead of them and if AP went down.....I would say you be in a world of hurt!