• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will end up with David Price?

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Giants have a chance at Price? If not who will get him this winter? Price would look nice in the Giants rotation. If you don't sign Lincecum and save that money for Price and add McCann at catcher then the Giants could trade Sandoval and play Posey at first base or third base.

Bargaining chips... Sandoval, Belt, Crick.

Anyone interested in Price. Would you go for him to match up with the Dodgers staff? Giants would have the better starters overall if they can pull off the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Giants have a chance at Price? If not who will get him this winter? Price would look nice in the Giants rotation. If you don't sign Lincecum and save that money for Price and add McCann at catcher then the Giants could trade Sandoval and play Posey at first base or third base.

Bargaining chips... Sandoval, Belt, Crick.

Anyone interested in Price. Would you go for him to match up with the Dodgers staff? Giants would have the better starters overall if they can pull off the deal.

couldnt you sign McCann and keep Pablo, with Posey playing first? Its a contract year for Panda, so you know hes going to put up numbers.

i dont see the Giants being in on Price for anything more than to drive the Doyers price up. I dont think we have near what it'd take.

I also want to hold on to Belt.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldnt you sign McCann and keep Pablo, with Posey playing first? Its a contract year for Panda, so you know hes going to put up numbers.

i dont see the Giants being in on Price for anything more than to drive the Doyers price up. I dont think we have near what it'd take.

I also want to hold on to Belt.
I think what he's saying is that either Lincecum/Pablo, Pablo/McCann, David Price/McCann or David Price/Pablo, any one of those combinations - he thinks the David Price/McCann combo is the best - because if they go after David Price and McCann, a higher salary guy may have to go and it could be Pablo

And I agree on Brandon Belt, he's a darn good hitter, they need to hold onto him

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who then will end up with Price? If the Dodgers get Price it's going to be tough to win the West for years to come. The Giants might have to make a serious run to keep that from happening. If the Dodgers get Price I am going to be pissed off.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I would trade Sandoval before Belt but it's going to take more than that to score Price. I like Belt's future. I don't think Sabean would trade him anyway.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are better situated to get Price than the doggies are, unless the doggies flat out purchase him from the Rays.

I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere, but there was talk about what it would cost the Giants to get him, and what I took away from it was that it would need to START at Belt, Crick and Blackburn (and would still need more added in, like maybe Mac). That is a steep price (pun fully intended).