• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who to pick?

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Arizona fan, will I be sent to basketball hell if I root for Duke today?
I was thinking that a Duke win over SU would make our resume look better.:noidea:

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is true, or you can be like me and choose none of the above. I do think dook will win though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Duke lose is always the preference, obviously, but as far as resume goes, at this point a win by Duke over Syracuse isn't going to help Arizona's RPI too much. Duke is already a top 10 RPI team, so it wouldn't give them (or us) that much of a boost. If it was a crappy team (like Boston College) that Arizona had beaten earlier in the season and then went on to upset Duke, that would be different.

Regardless, Arizona holds it's destiny in it's hands. They have built up quite a lead in RPI/BPI type rankings, so unless they lose 2-4 more games the rest of the way they will be a #1 seed in the West, which is all that really matters. This game won't hold much bearing on that, so you should definitely root against Duke.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems I will go with 520GGATO and choose none of the above. You and GS may have saved me from hell. Thanks.