• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who makes, who doesn't?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to CBS radio this morning, I heard a very interesting stat. Most of the time since the NFL went to the present playoff format, 5 teams making the playoffs do not make it the next season. That seems a lot to me. The guy that was talking gave a shot at who he thought wouldn't make it and I will give you his, but for the discussion while we are waiting for games to start, what do you think, who is out and who will be in. His teams not making it this season are:

Colts
Ravens
Redskins
Vikings
Seahawks:noidea:

I thought Seahawks were a stretch but it is only a opinion. Then thinking about it, that might just put the Rams in.:nod:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think the Niners have a better shot for a drop off than the Seahawks do. IMO, the way the team is set up now, the Hawks are a top 3 team in the NFC. Wilson has more weapons than Kaep does.
I also disagree with the Ravens. They will be a wildcard at worst.

IMO, the playoff teams in each conference will look like this:

NFC - Seahawks,Packers,Falcons, NFC East Champ, Saints, Rams
AFC - Broncos, Steelers,Texans,Pats, Ravens, Chiefs

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Superbowl champs have struggled to make the playoffs the following year from time to time but haven't really heard anything on the runner ups.

I would think those guys, from any year, would still be hungry. In this case SF so with that, I'm not sure they miss the dance.

And last the Chiefs :omg:

They're not winning the Division over the Broncos IMO so they would probably need 10+ wins, that's a huge jump from last years 2-14. Now I know the Colts did it last year however that 2-14 team was missing a real QB, then got one and was winning double digits for years prior. (I'm obviously a believer in the suck for Luck campaign) That here is just not the case with these Chiefs, and I'm not so sure that Alex Smith is that much better than Matt Cassel.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Superbowl champs have struggled to make the playoffs the following year from time to time but haven't really heard anything on the runner ups.

I would think those guys, from any year, would still be hungry. In this case SF so with that, I'm not sure they miss the dance.
Between 1998 and 2007, all but 2 of the teams who lost the Super Bowl missed the playoffs the next season.

The 2009 Cardinals made the playoffs and won the Rodgers-Warner shootout on that fumble in OT. The 2010 Colts made the playoffs but lost to the Jets. The 2011 Steelers made the playoffs with one of the easiest schedules ever, IIRC, and lost to Tebow. The 2012 Pats got the closest to the Super Bowl but the Ravens beat them pretty easily.

So the recent trend would suggest that the Niners will make the playoffs and get bounced.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad vibes are found in KC and they are the same ones that had our franchise in their grip. With Andy Reid in town, the krappy-ass chaotic environment will dissipate. Sort of what is going on with us at Rams Park and the Fisher/Snead juggernaut!! They'll be like us two years ago coming out of a big hole.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that has and will always hold KC back is their inability to groom a franchise QB. Sure, QBs bust all of the time but all of the great franchises draft one in the modern era. The Chiefs have been trying to pick up a FA QB for my entire life. Alex Smith can get KC to the playoffs in the next 2-3 years easily. But his chance of winning a Super Bowl is 0.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the thread title and thought this thread would be about who makes our final roster or who will start in week 1. I guess someone will create such a thread later on.

I can see the Colts, Redskins, & Vikings missing out. The AFC North isn't as strong as it was last year so maybe 2 teams won't make it. That said there aren't many stand-out AFC teams.

Playoff bound
NFC: Seahawks, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Falcons. No idea how the East will play out.
AFC: Patriots, Dolphins, Texans, Broncos. No idea in the North, (except it won't be the Browns). It's tough to see a 10-win wild-card candidate from the rest.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC - Seahawks,Packers,Falcons, NFC East Champ, Saints, Rams
AFC - Broncos, Steelers,Texans,Pats, Ravens, Chiefs

With as much talent that the Ravens lost, I don't expect to see them in the post season. Instead of Ravens, I'd say Bengals.

NFC east champ... Hard one for sure. If RGIII is healthy, then the Skins have it. If not then Giants... I'll cry if the Cowboys make it.

So stoked that the Rams actually have a great chance and a playoff appearance.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin is getting a 2nd opinion on a hip after the 1st doc located a tear. That could dampen the Hawks chances a little bit.

I'm personally not sold on Kaep, dude still hasn't played a full season and plays a style that is not conducive to health. With Crabs out he'll have to look to other targets. Other targets are there but young QB's like their security blankets and Crabs was just that for Kaep. I could honestly see either of these teams struggling this season, let's not forget Seattle has some suspensions to deal with and a young QB also.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane, their D got picked over pretty good in the off-season. Flacco still put up pedestrian numbers during the regular season and lost Bolden. I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle if Ray Rice doesn't carry him because the world of Baltimore offense has revolved around lil Ray for a few years and that won't lessen any.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the AFC teams have flaws. Texans got a legendary year out of JJ Watt and Shaub and Andre Johnson always have a hard time staying healthy. Denver lost Dumerville, will be down Von Miller for 4 games, has 1 or 2 other gaps in their defense and doesn't appear to have a running game. Denver is going to resemble those Colts teams at the end of Peyton's stint at Indy...not a great sign for success but they have post prime Peyton and that should still be enough. The Pats? Without Gronk, their offense is going to be Danny Amendola and running the football. We've seen that before.

I like Baltimore and Cinci but thats it.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane, their D got picked over pretty good in the off-season. Flacco still put up pedestrian numbers during the regular season and lost Bolden. I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle if Ray Rice doesn't carry him because the world of Baltimore offense has revolved around lil Ray for a few years and that won't lessen any.

Well said brother.

their offense has never been stellar because of Flacco... He is not an elite passer. He makes good throws but he is not the QB to lead the entire team. He won a SB ring so none of it matters anymore.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the AFC teams have flaws. Texans got a legendary year out of JJ Watt and Shaub and Andre Johnson always have a hard time staying healthy. Denver lost Dumerville, will be down Von Miller for 4 games, has 1 or 2 other gaps in their defense and doesn't appear to have a running game. Denver is going to resemble those Colts teams at the end of Peyton's stint at Indy...not a great sign for success but they have post prime Peyton and that should still be enough. The Pats? Without Gronk, their offense is going to be Danny Amendola and running the football. We've seen that before.

Schaub didn't do that great... He was better a few years back.

Denver has Peyton Manning, nuff said. At least until the playoffs, LOL.

NE has Tom Brady, doesn't matter the rest of the team blows.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has Peyton Manning, nuff said. At least until the playoffs, LOL.

NE has Tom Brady, doesn't matter the rest of the team blows.
Denver has a guy that resembles Peyton Manning. He was great last year but all it takes is one hit and their season is done. The thing is - its hard to conceive many of these teams in the AFC making the jump outside of the North. Maybe Miami. Maybe KC. Maybe the Titans.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks are over-hyped right now and will struggle more than people think. Crabtree is hurt now on the 49ers, so who knows what might end up happening.

You know Seattle is going to be tough at home. But history has shown us what happens to most NFL QB's after their rookie season. If Percy is hurt, that's not good for the Seawags.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as much talent that the Ravens lost, I don't expect to see them in the post season. Instead of Ravens, I'd say Bengals.

Go look and see who the Ravens have added on D. I'm impressed.

Elvis Dooomerville
Marcus Spears
Michael Huff
Matt Elam - rookie
Daryl Smith

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won't be without Gronk for long, if at all.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens, Colts, Redskins, 49ers and Vikings won't make it next year.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Seahawks are in trouble since Percy is hurt... But that is good for us :)