• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your absolute "NO" for new coach

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we combine all of our absolute NO's together we end up with.........nobody at all.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we combine all of our absolute NO's together we end up with.........nobody at all.

:lol:

I'll just say this I don't want to see Al Golden. If he hired. They might as well kept Bo and I will be demanding for the removal of Perlman and Eichorst.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vest. Guy is a liar and a bit on the sleazy side. I see a lot of mention of him as being a desired pick for the job, surprised that some people want him and are OK with him being associated with Nebraska.

I don't understand all the questions on Tressel's character. He made some mistakes, but from the start was defending his players. Many people around the nation had the same feelings when Osborne had issues in his program with Lawrence Phillips, Peter brothers, etc. But Husker fans trusted his judgement and true character. These are Osborne's words from a couple years ago in support of Jim.

"I don't really know enough about [Ohio State's situation]," Osborne said. "I do know Jim Tressel, and I believe that Jim's an honorable person. There will be those who will criticize me for saying that, but I think I know Jim's character. What happened, I don't know a lot about the details. I certainly hope for his sake that things turn out OK, and for Ohio State."

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand all the questions on Tressel's character. He made some mistakes, but from the start was defending his players. Many people around the nation had the same feelings when Osborne had issues in his program with Lawrence Phillips, Peter brothers, etc. But Husker fans trusted his judgement and true character. These are Osborne's words from a couple years ago in support of Jim.

"I don't really know enough about [Ohio State's situation]," Osborne said. "I do know Jim Tressel, and I believe that Jim's an honorable person. There will be those who will criticize me for saying that, but I think I know Jim's character. What happened, I don't know a lot about the details. I certainly hope for his sake that things turn out OK, and for Ohio State."
-------
The vest may have been defending his players, but it involved cheating at two schools he coached at. TO may have incorrectly defended some of his players, but that never got him into trouble with the NCAA....huge difference.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
The vest may have been defending his players, but it involved cheating at two schools he coached at. TO may have incorrectly defended some of his players, but that never got him into trouble with the NCAA....huge difference.

Really? With as much as the NCAA fucks up, I don't really think it is any different.

Not to mention, whether TO defended his players incorrectly or not, he was defending them from CRIMINAL charges (including LP beating a woman), not NCAA violations. If we are going to compare, I think that is a bigger negative than trading some gear for tattoos.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT was in a tough spot, drop dime on your top players, or roll the dice and hope it gets buried. I still respect him as a coach and I would bet there's a lot more to it behind the scene than what anyone knows. In light of all else was going on at the time in terms of violations, USC UNC Auburn Miami PSU, it seems to pale in comparison now

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? With as much as the NCAA fucks up, I don't really think it is any different.

Not to mention, whether TO defended his players incorrectly or not, he was defending them from CRIMINAL charges (including LP beating a woman), not NCAA violations. If we are going to compare, I think that is a bigger negative than trading some gear for tattoos.
-------
Except Tressel lost his job & was sanctioned by the NCAA