• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who had the best drafts

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There was a thread for rounds 1 & 2, but overall who had the best drafts this year?

Green Bay: Perry @ 28 is going to make them look VERY smart. Worthy at 51 is great value. Terrell Manning in the 5th was very solid pick. Datko, whom I didn't like when people called him a 2nd round pick, is good value in the 7th. If he's healthy he could make the team.

Steelers: Decastro at 24? That's just not even fair. Ta'amu in the 4th was good value. Sean Spence should come in and replace 38 year old James Farrior. Mike Adams might be able to start pretty soon. Wasn't a huge fan of him, but pick 56 is pretty good for him.

Ravens: I was never huge on Upshaw when he was considred a top 20 pick, but the 2nd round is a very solid value. They probably got a starter in Osemele at the end of the 2nd. Streeter in the 6th was a great pick; I think he makes the team.

The rich got richers. I liked what the Bengals & VaGiants did too. I didn't like how the Vikings moved up in the 1st to get Harrison Smith, but otherwise I'd say they had a great draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Forgot to mention the Colts. Not just w/ Luck; Fleener & Allen were great picks too. And they stole my guy Chapman in the 5th. :(

If Ryan Tannehill works out the Dolphins might've had an absolutely amazing draft (that's a big if though). Martin can play RT w/ Long at LT; Egnew & Miller could both end up being starters for them. Miller in the 4th was ridiculous. If I were the Niners I would've been tempted to take him rather than trading down despite having 17 RBs on the roster.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it took some looking but I found a story with all the grades this morning,there was only 1 A+,the Steelers on the other end it said Saints and Raiders were both a D,,,,,,,,,,

I'll look for the story and post a link

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the first year I would say that all 32 teams had at least 1 great pick. So in terms of the best drafts overall I would say:
Eagles, Rams, Colts, Ravens, Cinci, Steelers. Eagles first followed by the Rams closed second.

I like Brian Quick a lot, but the Rams should have gotten Hill at that spot I think. The Rams grade is not over or set in stone though. It's not going to be over until 2014...CRAZY!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't believe teams allowed the Eagles to steal Bryce Brown. That kid has the potential to be the next Arian Foster story. Practice squad year one, year two is a backup who will catch a break. By year 3, the guy should make the probowl or Eagles will use him as trade bait to get a low first round pick.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals - IMO they are the biggest winners in this years draft. They got a solid number 2 CB in Kirkpatrick, a starting OG in Zeitler, one of my favorite players in this years draft in Still who could work his way into the starting rotating very early, and then Sanu, Brandon Thompson, and Orson Charles who will all benefit this team in the near future. Brown really has changed my opinion on him the past couple of years.

Eagles - They did a great job as well. I really like the Fletcher Cox pick. Then adding Vinny Curry and some solid late round pick ups in Boykin and McNutt who could both be huge steals. Love the additions of Cliff Harris and and Chris Pol as UDFA's.

Steelers - I liked their first 4 picks with DeCastro (obviously), Mike Adams, Sean Spence, and Ta'amu. They did a solid job of feeling their needs with quality football players.

Giants - David Wilson will be a great pick for them, Randle has really good value at the end of the 2nd with the time to groom him behind Cruz and Nicks, and i absolutely love the Hosley pick.

Packers - They did a great job of upgrading their pass rush with Nick Perry as well as filling holes on their Defense with solid football players.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Bucs really screwed up by taking Baron 7th over all IMO. They had plenty of chances to add a good Safety, but they decided to spend a top pick on one. I like Baron's potential, but they could of either traded down or picked up somebody to help one of their bigger needs by taking Claiborne. Love the Doug Martin and L. David picks, though.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe teams allowed the Eagles to steal Bryce Brown. That kid has the potential to be the next Arian Foster story. Practice squad year one, year two is a backup who will catch a break. By year 3, the guy should make the probowl or Eagles will use him as trade bait to get a low first round pick.

Gotta agree with you on Brown, he could be good if he works.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy had the best one IMO, they also had the best last year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles had a good draft as well. Sorry forgot to add that in my post.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVED what the Titans did. Kendall Wright is a great complement to Kenny Britt and provides Jake Locker with a good slot guy underneath. Zach Brown is a raw but has tremendous potential and I really like that system fit for him. They also got two guys I really like in Mike Martin and Markelle Martin really late.

Cincinnati Bengals killed it. I didn't like the Dre Kirkpatrick pick (unless they move him to FS) but their other picks were spot on.

The Eagles deserve a mention as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy had the best one IMO, they also had the best last year.

Definitely. That division is going to be insane. The Bengals are going to be an elite football team very soon. Mark my words.