• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who emerges as the No. 3 WR behind Thomas and Sanders?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Norwoodicon-article-link.gif, Cody Latimericon-article-link.gif, Bennie Fowlericon-article-link.gif and Jordan Tayloricon-article-link.gif

Fowler I* say ..

Masson *Fowler's 31-yard, third-down catch and run through the middle of Pittsburgh's coverage in the fourth quarter of the divisional-round win last January jump-started the Broncos' drive to their only touchdown; without Fowler's determined journey through Pittsburgh's defense, their season and Peyton Manning's career might have ended that afternoon.

20 days, 20 Broncos camp questions -- 12. Who emerges as the No. 3 WR behind Thomas and Sanders?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet is on Latimer, but it is wide open. Pure gut based on talent.

I don't think Taylor makes our active roster. Could be wrong.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think the Broncos want to see Latimer in that 3rd spot. He has shown seriousness toughness in his special teams role. If he can combine that with his freakish athleticism, he could be special. Of course, being able to comprehend a playbook would be a plus as well. :heh:

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say I will emerge as the WR3 from the darkness...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you were running around hyvee the other day, I think your 40 is pretty legit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give this one to Latimer. He has just way too much talent not to be on the field. I know he hasn't done well with grasping the offense with Manning but I feel like this is a fresh year and a system that fits him very well that athleticism can sometimes trump that of precision. I also think last year was kind of a humbling season for him. We really saw him finish the season with a fire that we hadn't seen in the first year and a half of his career. From what I understand he got connected with a kid fighting for his life in the hospital and it was kind of a wake up call for him as this kid really looked up to him and wanted to see him succeed. So hopefully this training camp he comes in ready to go and we have one of those late bloomers that just goes out and dominates.

Really right now I would say one of our biggest weaknesses on our offense is the red zone. The ZBS while it is great between the 20's has not always fared the best around the goal line. DT and Sanders are great WR's for sure but if I gave them one weakness it would be sometimes not being that go up and get it when it is a toss up especially in the end zone. Latimer could be that guy where say he only has say 40 catches this year but 10 of them are touchdowns because he becomes our great Red Zone threat where we stick him in that slot position where he has a great advantage over the LB's/CB's.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I root for Latimer is because of the undertone that he is too dumb to play the game at a high strategic level. Latimer's ST plays show he has the desire to play the game - his amazing catches and blocks in pre-season show he is fundamentally sound and athletic. He dropped one pass his entire career at Indiana.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give this one to Latimer. He has just way too much talent not to be on the field. I know he hasn't done well with grasping the offense with Manning but I feel like this is a fresh year and a system that fits him very well that athleticism can sometimes trump that of precision. I also think last year was kind of a humbling season for him. We really saw him finish the season with a fire that we hadn't seen in the first year and a half of his career. From what I understand he got connected with a kid fighting for his life in the hospital and it was kind of a wake up call for him as this kid really looked up to him and wanted to see him succeed. So hopefully this training camp he comes in ready to go and we have one of those late bloomers that just goes out and dominates.

Really right now I would say one of our biggest weaknesses on our offense is the red zone. The ZBS while it is great between the 20's has not always fared the best around the goal line. DT and Sanders are great WR's for sure but if I gave them one weakness it would be sometimes not being that go up and get it when it is a toss up especially in the end zone. Latimer could be that guy where say he only has say 40 catches this year but 10 of them are touchdowns because he becomes our great Red Zone threat where we stick him in that slot position where he has a great advantage over the LB's/CB's.
Ideally, we shouldn't have to throw much in those situations. We get a similar system going that we had in the late 90's, the bulk of those will be converted over the ground.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lat will have every chance to take it over. Sadly, I think it will be Norwood who ultimately emerges in that spot, though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, Bennie Fowler continues to quietly produce and catch everything thrown his way.

I've been thinking Latimer might be trade bait to someone wanting to fill an injury replacement at the end of preseason - preferably in the other conference. It will be a low draft pick -with an upscale to a higher pick if certain performance metrics are earned.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that. I would keep Latimer around for his special teams play over a late round draft pick. Might not be what is best for him though.