• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want the Broncos to Select as Head Coach?

Who is Your Favorite Candidate to be Head Coach?

• Total voters

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question - does anybody think Paton wouldn't want to hire a personality that would blot him out? I don't know the answer to that question but hiring Hackett would allow him to work quietly in the background. It will be an interesting tell on Paton how he picks between a Callahan or a Hackett.
I don’t see Paton as a spotlight seeker. I think he would more comfortable with a coach who doesn’t mind- maybe even enjoys - being in the forefront. Seems to me Paton is more the CEO with the smaller office, quite sure of himself, comfortable in his own skin, not needing much publicity.

I think I’m saying I agree with you!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question - does anybody think Paton wouldn't want to hire a personality that would blot him out? I don't know the answer to that question but hiring Hackett would allow him to work quietly in the background. It will be an interesting tell on Paton how he picks between a Callahan or a Hackett.
Simple you could of met him for a beer and in a roundabout way found out. Ask him if he liked Dirty Harry movies

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two red flags I have with Quinn:
1) Our anemic offense rang up 30 points on his defense
2) His Falcons team couldn't hold onto a 25-point lead late in the Super Bowl, allowing 31 unanswered points in the process...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Paton as a spotlight seeker. I think he would more comfortable with a coach who doesn’t mind- maybe even enjoys - being in the forefront. Seems to me Paton is more the CEO with the smaller office, quite sure of himself, comfortable in his own skin, not needing much publicity.

I think I’m saying I agree with you!
I think for any GM, regardless of their personality, the brightest spotlight is shown when the team wins

There are really only three times when a GM gets major media recognition: when they are hired, when they are fired, and when their team wins the Super Bowl

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think O'Connell is actually my front runner for who I want... But If I say it then we won't hire him so I refuse to vote for it. I guess I just said it. (sorta)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think O'Connell is actually my front runner for who I want... But If I say it then we won't hire him so I refuse to vote for it. I guess I just said it. (sorta)
Superstitious much?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superstitious much?

I am very superstitious when it comes to sports. For crying out loud I wore the same stocking hat the week of the Seahawks game and then when we played the Panthers in the playoffs I tossed it in the trash. You're talking to the guy that prayed in church every Sunday for Ed Reed and sat in the same pew for 4 months to make sure I wasn't lost in the shuffle. ;) I had the same routine for two weeks in-between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl vs Seattle only to totally to do it the opposite the year we played the Panthers realizing the first time didn't work out so well. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very superstitious when it comes to sports. For crying out loud I wore the same stocking hat the week of the Seahawks game and then when we played the Panthers in the playoffs I tossed it in the trash. You're talking to the guy that prayed in church every Sunday for Ed Reed and sat in the same pew for 4 months to make sure I wasn't lost in the shuffle. ;) I had the same routine for two weeks in-between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl vs Seattle only to totally to do it the opposite the year we played the Panthers realizing the first time didn't work out so well. ;)
Superstition is a fine science for idiots.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it works. ;)
Are you admitting that your dad's mojo kicks the crap out of your superstitions when the Broncos play the Chiefs? You are not only cancelled out but provide negative drag with your record in that match up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you admitting that your dad's mojo kicks the crap out of your superstitions when the Broncos play the Chiefs? You are not only cancelled out but provide negative drag with your record in that match up.

I don't really know how he does it to be honest. It might be the Chiefs PJ pants.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've think mentioned my friend Mike here, and his preoccupation with the Miami Dolphins .. He started with the Fins when he was 7 or 8 years old back in the mid 70s after their "perfect" season, so he's never seen them win it all as a fan..

I have never encountered someone so superstitious when it comes to the NFL ... It probably goes further than what he has told me, but he admitted that at one point, when the Fins broke the huddle and lined up to snap a play, Mike would hop up and down on one foot until the ball was snapped ...

He was a little sheepish telling me, and after he said it there was an awkward silence .. and then I said "a lot of good it's done"

LOL

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've think mentioned my friend Mike here, and his preoccupation with the Miami Dolphins .. He started with the Fins when he was 7 or 8 years old back in the mid 70s after their "perfect" season, so he's never seen them win it all as a fan..

I have never encountered someone so superstitious when it comes to the NFL ... It probably goes further than what he has told me, but he admitted that at one point, when the Fins broke the huddle and lined up to snap a play, Mike would hop up and down on one foot until the ball was snapped ...

He was a little sheepish telling me, and after he said it there was an awkward silence .. and then I said "a lot of good it's done"

LOL

Yeaeahhhhhhh- He wins! I am really not that bad. I think I was more when I was younger and played sports but now it's just kinda whatever.. A little here and there for big games but I have tried everything the last 5 years and it hasn't worked so I gave up... The last 5 years broke me! ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the interviews are complete - the favorite of this board is overwhelmingly Hackett.

Not the be superstitious, DC, but I’m guessing that’s the kiss of death, right?!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust that George Paton will select the right guy to be the next head coach.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the interviews are complete - the favorite of this board is overwhelmingly Hackett.

Not the be superstitious, DC, but I’m guessing that’s the kiss of death, right?!

Good- That should help O'Connell. ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with O Connell.

Quin rumored to not be really thrilled with the job due to ownership and qb questions. If true that doesn't speak to leadership for me. It speaks to being a manager. And frankly if you don't trust Paton after the job he did last year, then you're not the coach we need.

As Ariana says, "Thank you, next".

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with O Connell.

Quin rumored to not be really thrilled with the job due to ownership and qb questions. If true that doesn't speak to leadership for me. It speaks to being a manager. And frankly if you don't trust Paton after the job he did last year, then you're not the coach we need.

As Ariana says, "Thank you, next".
That's just the kind of classic rumor that goes out when someone realizes it ain't going to be him.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could change my vote, I would go with Gannon. The more I read/hear about him, the more I like. I really like that he has a scouting/talent evaluation background. I don't think he will be the guy, but maybe should be.

You can afford to pay more big money contracts if you can supplament that with guys on rookie deals to maintain cap space. I don't think that is a requirement for the head coach, but sure can be nice to more oppinions to find the right guys to draft. George and team did great last year, but need to do that consistently.