• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do the Seahawks take in the first round.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conklin, Decker, Coleman in that order. We desperately need an OT.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i wasn't asked but ill make a pick for my first rounder.
Decker
Spriggs
if you can't get one of those guys ( the other top 3 will be gone no doubt ) then trade back to a low second
Ifsdi wont be there for their first 2nd round pick so you have to either trade back in the first to a low 2nd and a 6th or 7th to get him. This is a solid option if those other two go off the board. Solid option but not ideal or the best.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold of the list you posted I would actually say that Jason Spriggs is a better fit for your team than Decker. I think Decker is maybe the better player of the two but Spriggs has that unique athleticism you need for the ZBS. Cody Whitehair of K-State is another guy I would add to your list. He wouldn't be a LT but I think he would be an inside guy that starts and does well from day 1. Throw in he has played I think every position other than Center during his time in college so lots of places you can plug him in.
I like Whitehair, but later. Not with the first pick. As for Spriggs, yeah he is the better athlete, but I like Decker, who I feel is the better pass defender. Thanks for the input though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conklin, Decker, Coleman in that order. We desperately need an OT.
Like your list. Left Conklin off because it seems unlikely to be available when the Seahawks pick, but if he's there I like him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker
Spriggs
if you can't get one of those guys ( the other top 3 will be gone no doubt ) then trade back to a low second
Ifsdi wont be there for their first 2nd round pick so you have to either trade back in the first to a low 2nd and a 6th or 7th to get him. This is a solid option if those other two go off the board. Solid option but not ideal or the best.
You were asked. Second poster I tagged. Like both of your choices.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not familiar with lots of prospects so I won't guess, but I do think the FO goes BPA and even though this board damn near demands a T with our 1st pick, I will not be shocked if we select another position with our 1st selection. A trade down is not out of the question.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not familiar with lots of prospects so I won't guess, but I do think the FO goes BPA and even though this board damn near demands a T with our 1st pick, I will not be shocked if we select another position with our 1st selection. A trade down is not out of the question.

I would think LT, but if a pass rushing DT is still available IDK. :noidea: Those types are hard to come by. If they trade down, then your looking at a OL in a different position even if they played LT in college IMO. Some folks think upgrading the guards/center is a good way to have a better line and is easier to accomplish. If they go DT first, they could then pick up guards and a center in the second and third round. I rather pick that LT in the first, but this FO is always full of surprises.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players the Seahawks have visited so far.

• Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech (COM)
  • Joe Dahl, G/OT, Washington State (SR)
  • Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State (PRO)
  • D.J. Foster, WR/RB, Arizona State (COM)
  • Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford (COM)
  • Shaq Lawson, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM)
  • Jay Lee, WR, Baylor (PRO)
  • Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (COM)
  • D.J. Reader, DT, Clemson (COM)
  • Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State (PRO)

Be interesting to see if they draft any of the above.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know next to nothing about college football.
Same here. I casually follow to where I know who some of the top players are and which teams are doing well, but the list of prospects in the OP are mostly unknowns to me.

The Nkemdiche guy sounds like someone who would be a PC/JS pick. Supreme talent but made a goofball mistake. Maybe he's the next Michael Bennett, and you can't have too many good players on the DL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, well Willie Beavers is a late 3rd round prospect at OT. So we'll draft him with our first.

Then we'll trade up in the 2nd round to snag Hunter Henry (TE), and then we'll use our compensatory 3rd on Miles Killebrew (S).

This will leave analysts baffled, general rioting by Seahawks fans, and a grade D from analysts on the draft. All the things I look for from a Carroll/Schneider draft these days.

In all seriousness (although what I typed above was a little bit serious) I did hear that Seattle is potentially looking to acquire Joe Thomas from the Browns for a 1st rounder. I doubt Cleveland would part with Thomas considering they'll be drafting Lynch at the #2, but who knows. I wouldn't mind Thomas since Seattle still has a SBOWL window and protecting Wilson for the next 3-4 years of his prime game are paramount.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to have Dahl... He's very good in pass pro, which has been a weakness for this team... He'd be a solid late 2nd round draft pick imo...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't surprise me if the Seahawks draft a OT, then start him at RT and move Gilliam to LT.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @boogiewithstu2007 who do you like with the first pick?

Hmmmmm.. I'll have to get back to you on that... I"m conflicted on what direction we should go.. I LOVE good defense so I would love to get a good DE possibly another linebacker with the 1st pick, but then again, our O-line looks scary right now... I also need to evaluate more prospects ... What direction would you prefer ?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me. I've said this all the time. Keviree Russell should be our 1st pick.

Kidding

Honestly: This New OL frightens me But I remember something DK said a while back about it hard finding OL now. I'd go T. Ifadli for A&M because i have my doubts about Decker lasting till the top 21

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix the OL, that will help the defense, because fewer 3 and outs. I'd like at least 2 OL draft in the first 4 round. Give Britt some competition.

I would be ok with that... Mix a good defensive prospect in there somewhere with our top 4 picks and I"d be happy... Pete and John I have faith in ...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the fuck are we scouting him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker
Spriggs

I agree he won't, might be taking a chance trading down though. Packers, Cards, Panters, and Broncos could all be looking for OL help at tackle. What do they do if they trade down and one of those teams nabs him?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he won't, might be taking a chance trading down though. Packers, Cards, Panters, and Broncos could all be looking for OL help at tackle. What do they do if they trade down and one of those teams nabs him?

To answer my own question, I'd say Shon Coleman. A little older (25) with some medical questions ( had cancer), but seems talented.