• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do NOT want see with the first pick?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about naming them here... I do not want a WR/DT/LB with the first 2 picks. Screw BPA!!!:hellno:

:bullshit:Love this one. Need this BSLegend and Shoktart

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as whomever we draft at #5 is one of the following, then I'm all good:

Fisher, Joeckel, Johnson, Warmack, Cooper, Ansah, Milliner or Jordan.

I feel like those 8 are the elite prospects of this year's draft...

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Reiff is still the LT and I think it will cause a problem if they move him and take another LT. So I dont want a LT with the first round pick. If they do take a LT, I expect he will need a year to develop just like I had expected Reiff would need, so play him at RT and keep Reiff at LT for this year.

I dont want a DE either. It seems all of the DEs have huge upside but have some question marks when you look at what they actually did in college and such. I dont trust Mayhew enough to want to see him gamble at all. Plus, I still believe that if they get a good CB opposite Houston, and the secondary can give the D-line a little more time to get to the QB, Young and crew will be better than we expect.

Give me Milliner. If they refuse to take him or he is not there, I would at least want to see Warmack then.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millner is the right pick. If he's not there, give me Joeckel/Fisher.....If all three are off the board, try a trade back, if that doesn't work, then Mayhew failed. Those are the best guys in the draft and the best guys that fill a need......Can't get one of them or trade back is crap......

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warmack would still be a dominant player on the O-line and if they did happen to add Barret Jones as well, they would be adding a big center and guard to help convert 3rd and shorts. That would be huge for them.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warmack would still be a dominant player on the O-line and if they did happen to add Barret Jones as well, they would be adding a big center and guard to help convert 3rd and shorts. That would be huge for them.
It's what the fuck I've been saying all along!!!!!:badmin:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think Jones would step right in and be a starting center? I see him as a Gaurd, then a center. Not saying it wouldn't be a nice land, but I'm not that into a Gaurd at #5 and another Gaurd two rounds later.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger:He was an All-American at center this past season. I don't see why he couldn't. I mean, he played at Bama, they're all NFL ready according to some.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him as a Center. I think no matter who we take for the OL after the first round, they will need a year of developing. Guard maybe the least so, but I dont see him as a Guard. Jones would be a back-up to Raiola or whoever is the Center and take over next year. Likely that is how it will have to happen no matter who you take as a center in any year.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger:He was an All-American at center this past season. I don't see why he couldn't. I mean, he played at Bama, they're all NFL ready according to some.

You betcha.....He's a NFL GUARD!!!!!! READY TO PLAY TODAY!!!!. The Lions don't need a guard at #5 they need a NFL READY TO PLAY TODAY CB. You have two Bama players both NFL ready to plug and play and some want the guard over the CB.....I can't get behind that line of thinking.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Millner is the right pick. If he's not there, give me Joeckel/Fisher.....If all three are off the board, try a trade back, if that doesn't work, then Mayhew failed. Those are the best guys in the draft and the best guys that fill a need......Can't get one of them or trade back is crap......

This is actually my exact feeling on the draft right now. I want the pick to be Dee Milliner because the more I think about it the more I realize just how long it's been since we've had a stud CB in the secondary. I think it would be a very solid and safe pick.

If Milliner is gone I agree that Joeckel/Fisher should be the pick.

If all 3 are gone I agree we should trade down.

However, if we can't trade down I'm still excited about the potential of Ziggy, even though he's a bit of a gamble. It could pay off huge if he turns out.

The other player I would be okay with is Chance Warmack, assuming the Lions believe Reiff can be our LT. He's the safest pick in the entire draft. Not our biggest need, and certainly not the most important position. But there would be zero chance of a bust with him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a NFL GUARD!!!!!!

Tell that to the committee that votes on All-Americans. Because he was voted an All-American at all 3 line positions, most recently the C position.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we take Chance Warmack at #5, DJ Fluker in the 2nd round and put him at RG, and hope Barrett Jones falls to the 3rd round and put him at C.

Then we could have Reiff at LT and Sims at the other Guard position and wouldn't have to worry about OL for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness -- The one guy I don't want to the Lions to take at #5 is Ansah. Just not sold on him. I know alot of people are, but he seems to have alot to learn about the game (though they said he is a quick study). The other I'd rather not see at #5 is Dion Jordan -- just think he is a better fit for a 3-4 team than at DE for a 4-3 defense.

I'd much rather the Lions use the pick on someone that is NFL ready and they should have a tremendous player fall to them at #5 -- whether that be Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack, Milliner, etc..

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to see Lane Johnson. IDK why, i just feel that we should stay away from him. The pick should be Fisher/Joekel. If they arent there then Milliner, if he's not there then trade down. St. Louis has 16th and 21st. I wonder if they will swap those for our 5th. If theres no trade option, then Warmack, THEN Ziggy. I know that ziggy has untapped potential and his ceiling is incredible. BUT there is enough DE talent in the 2nd round where I think that we should pass on ziggy. But i guess i wouldnt really be upset with ziggy. The only person i would be upset with is Lane MotherFucking Johnson

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Ansah is the pick unless they are truely not playing there hand at all, Mayhew made a comment about not taking a huge bang/bust guy and I think Ziggy fits that scenario. If no LT there, or maybe even there, I still think D.Mil is the pick. A stud corner gives the DE's a little more time to create pressure and I think there is a chance to find a good rush end in the second. I will stand pat with my thought on DEFENSE in the first 2 or 3 rounds!!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuzzer

This is actually my exact feeling on the draft right now.

I think we need a rule that anyone who makes a post that Shok agrees with should not be allowed to post for 2 days.

Sorry Muzz, see you on Monday.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion comes up with the coolest rules.

Muzz, even you have to agree this is a good rule.