• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whitworth

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There were people on this board suggesting we take Whitworth's comments (especially in regards to Carson and Dalton) as gospel; that no, when he speaks, it's not because it's the right thing to say, but rather the truth.

“Sad to say, as much as I love you guys, sometimes stars are born from y’all, not necessarily success on the football field,” Whitworth said. “Some guys run their mouths a lot or say a lot of things so they get a lot of attention. It doesn’t mean they always play football the way it is supposed to be played. Things like that happen. People start to believe or really have an opinion of a guy that may not necessarily be true, but at the end of the day when you are a football team and guys compete that way and go out on the football field together, you have a chance to win. And that is the key thing. We have a football team right now and there is not one guy in this locker room I would trade for anybody in the world and every time we go on the field we are all in and we are playing together.”

LOL. This guy is full of it. I can't wait to hear the homers with this one.

As a side note, is this guy full of sour grapes or what?!? Sorry Whit, but the media did not create Chad. Chad created Chad. You don't lead the AFC in receiving 4 years in a row when you're a fabrication of the media. He was what he showed on the field, and he played football the "right way" - even though playing football "the right way" really doesn't mean anything, but on paper it sure makes for a nice read.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, you could tell last season that Whitworth did not like Chad. I thought he was going to punch him in the MNF game against the Steelers when Chad started crying about the ball.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True.

However, this is about credibility. Whitworth is a very good LT, but he's a Class A liar. I guess being around Mike and Marvin for so long will do that to you.

He'll make a great assistant to Marvin or beat writer for the Bengals one day when Hobson retires.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's always been a rah-rah guy.... I never listen to his interviews because he comes off as unrealistic in his assessment of the team. I think a lot of players are like that - It probably helps keep them sane. I suppose it would be tough to constantly be focusing on the sinking ship you have set up residence in for the next 6 years of your life.

Regardless, as long as he keeps blocking the way he has been, I'm happy with him. We had tons of success running to the left on Sunday and I think he had a good game.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait..... Has anyone ever seen CrashDavis and Whitworth together at the same time?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were people on this board suggesting we take Whitworth's comments (especially in regards to Carson and Dalton) as gospel; that no, when he speaks, it's not because it's the right thing to say, but rather the truth.

LOL. This guy is full of it. I can't wait to hear the homers with this one.

As a side note, is this guy full of sour grapes or what?!? Sorry Whit, but the media did not create Chad. Chad created Chad. You don't lead the AFC in receiving 4 years in a row when you're a fabrication of the media. He was what he showed on the field, and he played football the "right way" - even though playing football "the right way" really doesn't mean anything, but on paper it sure makes for a nice read.

What do you want him to say? You want him to throw one of his cutrrent teammates under the bus who is working hard to be the best and not out self-promoting?

He is basically just making a statement, that he trusts the guys on this team, and he will have each and everyone of their backs as long as they keep working hard and putting the team first. That is all he was saying. You are reading too much into it. Would he hope Dalton is as good as Payton Manning? Of course he would, but he is not goign to say..Jesus, I wish we had Payton Manning instead. Even though Dalton could understand that seeing how good Manning is, do you really think that would not start his relationship with Whitworth down the wrong path?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good locker room speech I guess.

He didn't really mention chad. I think we'll have the chance to bring Chad back when the Pats release him (if he doesn't learn the offense), we'll see.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you want him to say? You want him to throw one of his cutrrent teammates under the bus who is working hard to be the best and not out self-promoting?

He is basically just making a statement, that he trusts the guys on this team, and he will have each and everyone of their backs as long as they keep working hard and putting the team first. That is all he was saying. You are reading too much into it. Would he hope Dalton is as good as Payton Manning? Of course he would, but he is not goign to say..Jesus, I wish we had Payton Manning instead. Even though Dalton could understand that seeing how good Manning is, do you really think that would not start his relationship with Whitworth down the wrong path?

BINGO!

I was making the point that just because Whitworth or anyone else for that matter says something about current or former teammates, you can't take it for more than a grain of salt. You know kind of like the comments he, or others, have made about Carson or in reference to Carson.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO!

I was making the point that just because Whitworth or anyone else for that matter says something about current or former teammates, you can't take it for more than a grain of salt. You know kind of like the comments he, or others, have made about Carson or in reference to Carson.

The difference is...Carson is no longer part of this team so he can just choose not to say anything there (whitworth that is).

As a team leader here, he is expected to say stuff like this (straight out the playbook - yeah, we have a good team, year we have a good core, our goal is the superbowl, yaddie yaddie yaddie - get teammates and/or fans excited about the season : to walk the company line).

The stuff about Carson, about Chad, or whoever that are no longer here...he can speak his mind if he chooses, or he can just not even comment at all on them as they are no longer part of the solution. So for him to actually say somethign there, you have to believe it has more weight to it than the regular, "let me toe the company line" crap.

You get that?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference is...Carson is no longer part of this team so he can just choose not to say anything there (whitworth that is).

As a team leader here, he is expected to say stuff like this (straight out the playbook - yeah, we have a good team, year we have a good core, our goal is the superbowl, yaddie yaddie yaddie - get teammates and/or fans excited about the season : to walk the company line).

The stuff about Carson, about Chad, or whoever that are no longer here...he can speak his mind if he chooses, or he can just not even comment at all on them as they are no longer part of the solution. So for him to actually say somethign there, you have to believe it has more weight to it than the regular, "let me toe the company line" crap.

You get that?

Maybe you don't recall the context in which the question was asked that he answered.

But then again, you've never been much of a context guy. If it fills what you want to believe, you run with it.

You get that?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you don't recall the context in which the question was asked that he answered.

But then again, you've never been much of a context guy. If it fills what you want to believe, you run with it.

You get that?

Good comeback. Almost didn't look like a "I know I am but what are you" type of tantrum.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How convenient you ignored the very first sentence in my post.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always about context with you but you rarely use things in the right context so who are you to judge someone else's context.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They carry as much weight as you just saying context.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah go to sleep and let the rest of us actual up beat fans have a converastion.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having plenty of conversations with everyone but you.