• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox @ Cleveland

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 a White Sox loss 4-0. Starting pitching is doing pretty well - but bullpen and offense suck on an all-time level. A bullpen game did not seem like a good idea.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting to the point that on our next homestand and future stands thereafter, fans will start showing up with the ol' paper bag masks.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be shutout every day. Every f*cking day. It needs to be a full-on embarrassment situation all the way to the end of the season. Only way we'll get some change.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A….win?!?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A….win?!?
The Sox scored 7 runs and matched the total number of runs scored in all the previous games. Kopech got a two inning save with 5 KOs. Moncada went down in the great White Sox tradition - running to first base.

With Eloy, Robert and Moncada out - I'd love to see this team win some games without them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's mind blowing is we pissed away a 5 run lead, so I'm thinking here comes another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Yet somehow our boyz hunkered down and even regained the lead and kept it!!! You see, miracles really do happen!!!!!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should have been here:

fucking vaughn! he's GOT to come thru on those plays! man on 3rd one out and he looks at a perfect pitch for strike one misses for strike 2 then watches another perfect pitch for strike 3. he can't field, he can't run so he's GOT to get that run in. he's so fucking disappointing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad we took that series. Naylor bro's going yard was nice. Kwan looks great so far. White Sox got to the starting pitching though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad we took that series. Naylor bro's going yard was nice. Kwan looks great so far. White Sox got to the starting pitching though.

Dude went "glad we took that series" when our team couldn't win the Little League World Series.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, right. Posting about beating the White Sox is like bragging you kicked the shit out of your 6 year old niece.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make a distinction here - last year's team - lost and was lifeless.

I think it is kind of fun this year - watching guys play themselves onto this team in the future or play themselves out of consideration. At least there is emotional investment.

I grew up in Denver and at the time - we had a AAA team called the Denver Bears. I went to a lot of Bear's games with my Dad and love them. The quality of a AAA team depends on the MLB affiliation it has. It was hard to root for your AAA team - in a standings sense - because your best players get called up to play in the majors - whenever the major league team needs them. You basically followed AAA ball to get in on the earlier careers of soon to be major league players. Watching this White Sox team sort through its collection of "hidden gem" talent - is kind of fun for me because it reminds me of my early baseball fan days.

So, if you are looking for excited with this White Sox team - tune in to see if a guy like Gavin Sheets can show himself to be a consistent threat at the plate. You watch to see if Garrett Crochet can make himself into a top starting pitcher - despite having thrown about 16 innings in the last two years. There are a lot of guys who are going to get MLB opportunities - we will see who wants to grab a spot on the roster in 25.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make a distinction here - last year's team - lost and was lifeless.

I think it is kind of fun this year - watching guys play themselves onto this team in the future or play themselves out of consideration. At least there is emotional investment.

I grew up in Denver and at the time - we had a AAA team called the Denver Bears. I went to a lot of Bear's games with my Dad and love them. The quality of a AAA team depends on the MLB affiliation it has. It was hard to root for your AAA team - in a standings sense - because your best players get called up to play in the majors - whenever the major league team needs them. You basically followed AAA ball to get in on the earlier careers of soon to be major league players. Watching this White Sox team sort through its collection of "hidden gem" talent - is kind of fun for me because it reminds me of my early baseball fan days.

So, if you are looking for excited with this White Sox team - tune in to see if a guy like Gavin Sheets can show himself to be a consistent threat at the plate. You watch to see if Garrett Crochet can make himself into a top starting pitcher - despite having thrown about 16 innings in the last two years. There are a lot of guys who are going to get MLB opportunities - we will see who wants to grab a spot on the roster in 25.

Counterpoint: We did this dance in 2017. With nothing to show for it 7 seasons later.

Second Counterpoint: I (or anybody else) could do what you are doing with any other sh*tty MLB team...and the promise of a playoff series within a decade for ANY OTHER MLB TEAM is probably higher.

We literally have nothing to cling to as Sox fans for the past 2 decades outside of maybe an individual few players' efforts.

That's my distinction.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counterpoint: We did this dance in 2017. With nothing to show for it 7 seasons later.

Second Counterpoint: I (or anybody else) could do what you are doing with any other sh*tty MLB team...and the promise of a playoff series within a decade for ANY OTHER MLB TEAM is probably higher.

We literally have nothing to cling to as Sox fans for the past 2 decades outside of maybe an individual few players' efforts.

That's my distinction.
That's what recreational drugs are for. ;)