• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which WR to start?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kittle owners were handed a pretty nice head start for most leagues' first round of playoffs.

Only league I own him in currently in the playoffs? I have a bye..wasted
A wise man once said... "That's the price you pay for being a gigolo."

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck me. Jets wouldn't clear White so Bumass Zach Wilson is starting. Do I still play Garret Wilson and pray Bumass Zach Wilson has figured out he should just throw the ball to Wilson all the time?
I think since you have a solid option in Godwin, you make the switch. Garrett had 2 decent games with Zach, but about 5 stinkers.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR. Need 1 RB, 2 WRs and a flex.

RB
Etienne vs DAL - Dump offs?
Pollard @ JAX - Been starting him and benching Zeke recently
Zeke @ JAX - Could get fed in the 2nd half if they are up big.
Foreman vs PIT - Good matchup, but Chuba ate into his touches last week
Dobbins @ CLE - Good matchup and he looked solid in his return last week. But he did admit he is still not 100% recovered from the initial ACL

WR
DHop @ DEN - Colt McCoy and a bad matchup. But he has produced with worse over the course of his career (outside of the Brock lobster)
Pickens @ CAR - Is Pickett playing?
Zay Jones @ DAL - Junk points potential.
Jameson Williams @ NYJ - Too soon, I think

on the wire (and I have a free spot since I can move Nico to IR)

RIchie James @ WAS - Been doing something recently
Chris Moore vs KC - Cooks and Nico out
P. Campbell @ MIN - Showing signs of life and Minnesota is a good matchup
Equ St. Brown vs PHI - Claypool and Mooney are out. Is he the #1 there?

I think DHop is locked in, as is Zay, most likely. Been rolling with Pollard and Etienne, but Dobbins has me intrigued.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB
Dobbins @ CLE - Good matchup and he looked solid in his return last week. But he did admit he is still not 100% recovered from the initial ACL

WR
DHop @ DEN - Colt McCoy and a bad matchup. But he has produced with worse over the course of his career (outside of the Brock lobster)

I think DHop is locked in, as is Zay, most likely. Been rolling with Pollard and Etienne, but Dobbins has me intrigued.

Pollard
Hopkins
Jones (With Pickett out, not sure I trust the other Pitt QBs to keep Pickens involved and Jones has had some strong games lately)
Dobbins (I'd roll the dice over Etienne here. Dobbins looked good last week and Cleveland hasn't been good against the run. Plus Baltimore should still be run heavy so he'll see plenty of opportunities even spillting carries. Etienne, on the other hand, has had a stretch of stinkers. Not sure what his deal is but I'd gamble this week)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollard
Hopkins
Jones (With Pickett out, not sure I trust the other Pitt QBs to keep Pickens involved and Jones has had some strong games lately)
Dobbins (I'd roll the dice over Etienne here. Dobbins looked good last week and Cleveland hasn't been good against the run. Plus Baltimore should still be run heavy so he'll see plenty of opportunities even spillting carries. Etienne, on the other hand, has had a stretch of stinkers. Not sure what his deal is but I'd gamble this week)

Agree with all this - i feel like the deal with Etienne is that he's still not 100% physically ready for a full NFL season, Jags have been playing from behind a lot/not running a lot recently, schedule has been tough on RBs/easy on QBs & WRs lately

Last 3 games:
Titans are still pretty good at stopping the run, even with 7 starters on D injured/not playing. Terrible at stopping the pass. Pederson/TLaw exploited the hell out of it. Titans up early and Jags were playing from behind then kept passing and passing as it was working and running wasn't. They tried to get the run game going but it never picked up momentum in the 2nd half.

Lions also good vs run, bad vs pass but Jags got handled and were down early in a blowout.

Ravens good vs run, bad vs pass and had a big lead early so Jags playing from behind/passing a ton again here and coming out of the bye.

They also got down early vs KC before the bye, so it's just feels like forever since we've seen him fed touches and be productive

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, I would stay away from Smith. The Eagles have looked at defenses and they bang the deficiency. The Bears pass D isn’t great but the run D is even worse. They’re talking cold and windy conditions on Sunday as well leading me to believe this is another run heavy attack from the Eagles similar to the Green Bay game. I think you go with the Tennessee matchup. Chargers really need the game and Mike Williams is looking comfortable again back from injury.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my shit if anyone can chime in with help.

Need 1 WR to go with Davante Adams. My choices are Higgins vs Tampa Bay, Pittman Jr vs Minnesota, Elijah Moore vs Lions

Need 2 RBs - Najee vs Carolina, Montgomery vs Eagles, Bam Knight vs Lions, Rachaad White vs Bengals

From this group I need one guy to be my flex.

This should be a no brainer if Higgins was healthy but dude fucked me last weekend with his hamstring.

Also, I’m playing Fields over Goff (Goff on the road is different from Goff at home) and I’m going with Dalton Schultz over Dallas Goedert on Goedert’s first game back from IR with a likely run heavy game script.

Thoughts?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB

WR

DHop, Zay, Pollard and Dobbins for me. I like Dobbins matchup this week.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna use this for the weekly thread and give one of my own;

Half PPR league, need 1 WR and 1 Flex from this group

Hopkins vs Denver
Godwin vs Cincy
Juju vs Houston
G.Wilson vs Detroit
Z.Knight vs Detroit

Right now I'm leaning Hopkins and Wilson. Hopkins typically delivers regardless of if its Murray or McCoy but Denver's defense is pretty good. I'm playing Wilson so long as Mike White starts. Zach Wilson sucks so much that I'll probably bench him if he starts at QB. So does that sound good? And if it does, who would you play in place of Wilson if Mike White sits?
You probably heard but Wilson is starting cause Mike White can’t go. I would play Godwin as the safe choice here. He’s going to get 8+ targets.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only league I own Kittle in I started Andrews instead.:scared:
Well played nabbing both of those TEs. There’s a dearth of TEs you can count on in the NFL and you have two of them. Did you pick up one of them on waivers because someone dropped for a bye or injuries?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB

WR

Pollard. Dobbins is more risky. How will his leg respond to last week?

Stay with Hopkins. McCoy has to know his best bet is to throw it to Hopkins 10-15 times.

Zay and flex C.Moore. Similar plays with a bunch of potential 2nd half receptions playing catch up. Zay more talented, but Moore has no competition for targets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well played nabbing both of those TEs. There’s a dearth of TEs you can count on in the NFL and you have two of them. Did you pick up one of them on waivers because someone dropped for a bye or injuries?
Someone needed a RB and traded Kittle to me for Damien Harris.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kittle owners were handed a pretty nice head start for most leagues' first round of playoffs.

Only league I own him in currently in the playoffs? I have a bye..wasted

Welp Starting who I did really helped. WTF?!?!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have started DeVonta Smith. I would have won! But no I didn't and finish in 4th fing place!

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,218.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m in a pickle and I’m in the semifinals. At QB I’ve been relying on Hurts all year. But I hear he is questionable for next week. So do I play Daniel Jones who goes on the road to Minnesota or who do I play Baker Mayfield who is home against Denver. It’s a 2 QB league so my other QB is Goff who is on the road at Carolina but he’s been having a hell of a year.

@femurov
@TKOSpikes
@averagejoe
@SmokingMonkey
@molsaniceman

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m in a pickle and I’m in the semifinals. At QB I’ve been relying on Hurts all year. But I hear he is questionable for next week. So do I play Daniel Jones who goes on the road to Minnesota or who do I play Baker Mayfield who is home against Denver. It’s a 2 QB league so my other QB is Goff who is on the road at Carolina but he’s been having a hell of a year.

@femurov
@TKOSpikes
@averagejoe
@SmokingMonkey
@molsaniceman

I’d have to say Jones

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@femurov
@TKOSpikes
@averagejoe
@SmokingMonkey
@molsaniceman

Jones by far. His rushing ability gives you a much higher floor.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@femurov
@TKOSpikes
@averagejoe
@SmokingMonkey
@molsaniceman
You have to go Jones.
As crappy as Denver is. Their Defense is no joke. So even if you wanted to believe mayfield could do something special like against the Raiders.
This is the wrong defense to go with that hope.