• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which WR PPR

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Waddle or Brandon Aiyuk?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may be biassed as i never was an Aiyuk guy...

id go with Waddle... but i would probably be looking at others around there instead... if this is a keeper question, it really doesnt matter, as both are WR 2s.... and neither will be the reason for your team to be whereever it will be in the standings...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Waddle or Brandon Aiyuk?
Personally I don't think there is a wrong answer to this question - selfishly though I'd go with Aiyuk - just have less faith in Tua than Purdy (but that's more a personal thing).

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't think there is a wrong answer to this question - selfishly though I'd go with Aiyuk - just have less faith in Tua than Purdy (but that's more a personal thing).
I get that. However Aiyuk might not even be back in SF this year which is why I lean Waddle. However both are great options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. However Aiyuk might not even be back in SF this year which is why I lean Waddle. However both are great options
Both are good options, Waddle situation is clearer, which makes him a bit safer IMO. Course that is for now and things can change quickly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are good options, Waddle situation is clearer, which makes him a bit safer IMO. Course that is for now and things can change quickly.

not to mention the big Tyreek rumor of him retiring when his contract is out... and it is done soon...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy (SF) threw the fewest passes of any NFL team and yet finished at the top. A lot of that was due to Aiyuk's 18-yard catch average.

That is a perfect storm of least passes and huge yardage. If you dont like the odds of that happening again, take Waddle.

I'm taking Waddle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Aiyuk leaves SF, that is probably a good thing for his fantasy value.

The offense is dynamic, but sooo many passing game weapons.

Hard to envision Aiyuk being the top option there. And with SF being a team that likes to run the ball a lot, it is tough to get the consistent volume to be a top fantasy option.

The ceiling could be a lot higher in different, and worse offense.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aiyuk leaves SF, that is probably a good thing for his fantasy value.

The offense is dynamic, but sooo many passing game weapons.

Hard to envision Aiyuk being the top option there. And with SF being a team that likes to run the ball a lot, it is tough to get the consistent volume to be a top fantasy option.

The ceiling could be a lot higher in different, and worse offense.
Just to touch on that possible tangent-
Where could Ayuik go that would be an improvement, fantasy wise?

Since it'd have to be a trade, and likely a trade with significant return to SF, we could assume, with at least some degree of certainty, that it would have to be a receiver needy team. hard to imagination a team with two solid or better starting WR's throwing real value at trading for Ayuik knowing they'll have to give him big money immediately.
So the gives us
Buffalo
NE
PITT
Denver
KC(?)
Vegas
LAC
and WASH

Seeing as i don't think KC is realistic destination, outside of Buffalo, and MAYBE LAC, I don't think any of them would be an improvement in his situation. In a couple of those possibilities, he'd still be second fiddle at best, on a assumed to be, bad offensive team (Vegas, Wash) Wether its crap at QB, or just the entire team makeup in general, from front office to coaches to rosters, the rest are all inferior to being a possible third wheel in SF within the Shanny Jr. system. If I had shares of Ayuik, I'd be begging for him to stay in SF- unless they can find a way to get Buffalo or KC to take him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont make my list.
Just got ride of 2 WR who thought they were "all that." Aiyuk seems to be in the same mold to me.

Vegas is interesting. Didnt Adams want out? Trade Aiyuk for Adams.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to touch on that possible tangent-
Where could Ayuik go that would be an improvement, fantasy wise?

Since it'd have to be a trade, and likely a trade with significant return to SF, we could assume, with at least some degree of certainty, that it would have to be a receiver needy team. hard to imagination a team with two solid or better starting WR's throwing real value at trading for Ayuik knowing they'll have to give him big money immediately.
So the gives us
Buffalo
NE
PITT
Denver
KC(?)
Vegas
LAC
and WASH

Seeing as i don't think KC is realistic destination, outside of Buffalo, and MAYBE LAC, I don't think any of them would be an improvement in his situation. In a couple of those possibilities, he'd still be second fiddle at best, on a assumed to be, bad offensive team (Vegas, Wash) Wether its crap at QB, or just the entire team makeup in general, from front office to coaches to rosters, the rest are all inferior to being a possible third wheel in SF within the Shanny Jr. system. If I had shares of Ayuik, I'd be begging for him to stay in SF- unless they can find a way to get Buffalo or KC to take him.

A bad offensive team can be a fantasy dream for a good, not great receiver like Aiyuk.

He gets game scripted into a lot of high volume comeback situations.

I will take that situation anytime over a great offense with low passing volume and many mouths to feed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont make my list.
Just got ride of 2 WR who thought they were "all that." Aiyuk seems to be in the same mold to me.

I think Adams is feeling better about his situation after McDaniels firing.

I could be wrong on that however.

Adams also makes a lot of money. SF would probably have a hard time making that work.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont make my list.

Eww. I would hate that