• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which team will win the NFC South?

Which team will win the NFC South

• TB

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • NO

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Carolina

• Atlanta

• NFC South Mardi Gras tater salad

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the injuries mounting in Tampa, the NFCS could be last years NFCE, where a team makes the PO by default. But, never underestimate the power of Tom Brady … am I right @Tapey? :)

To be fair the Cowboys were decent last year but kind of had a rough end of the season. The Eagles had a very easy schedule to end the year to get a WC spot, so the division isn't as awful as it was a few years ago, but I still understand your point.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would get pick 0 if it were possible. Thats how bad the roster is

Next year we have like 150M in cap space though so could be a quick turnaround
I'm pretty sure the Bears have the most cap space at around 90 million.

Fact check: Yep. The Falcons are top 5 though. They have 35 million.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Bears have the most cap space at around 90 million.

Fact check: Yep. The Falcons are top 5 though. They have 35 million.

Yeah my bad its 2024 we have 150M plus

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my bad its 2024 we have 150M plus
Too bad they won't totally suck and get a top pick.

I can see Mariota playing pretty well bouncing back....You guys got a good player in Edwards, he may have a breakout season....I was pissed when I heard we had traded him but after trading for Adams he wasn't going to get a lot of PT with Adams and Renfrow starting. London might be a solid receiver as a rookie and Pitts is a beast at TE. Patterson is a nice dual threat out of the backfield.

Not sure about the defense though.

I could see them going 6-11, maybe even 7-10.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the Cowboys were decent last year but kind of had a rough end of the season. The Eagles had a very easy schedule to end the year to get a WC spot, so the division isn't as awful as it was a few years ago, but I still understand your point.

Cowboys played largely the same easy schedule. They also beat up on bad teams and struggled and lost to good teams.

Difference for 2023 though is that the Cowboys have lost some key players while the Eagles have greatly improved their roster.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they won't totally suck and get a top pick.

I can see Mariota playing pretty well bouncing back....You guys got a good player in Edwards, he may have a breakout season....I was pissed when I heard we had traded him but after trading for Adams he wasn't going to get a lot of PT with Adams and Renfrow starting. London might be a solid receiver as a rookie and Pitts is a beast at TE. Patterson is a nice dual threat out of the backfield.

Not sure about the defense though.

I could see them going 6-11, maybe even 7-10.
I think Mariota is the issue. He has some history with injuries and holding onto the ball and ATL's oline might be bottom tier. There is also a shot that Carolina might be trying this year and Atlanta might just be tanking in their own way.

Now if you see some real synergy between Mariota, Pitts, London, and Patterson and the oline looks okay then all of a sudden they are that 6 or 7 win team and not looking for a QB next year. Im just not sure they're a team that can sustain almost any injuries.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota is the issue. He has some history with injuries and holding onto the ball and ATL's oline might be bottom tier. There is also a shot that Carolina might be trying this year and Atlanta might just be tanking in their own way.

Now if you see some real synergy between Mariota, Pitts, London, and Patterson and the oline looks okay then all of a sudden they are that 6 or 7 win team and not looking for a QB next year. Im just not sure they're a team that can sustain almost any injuries.
They have Ridder, think he is Atlanta's future at QB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys played largely the same easy schedule. They also beat up on bad teams and struggled and lost to good teams.

Difference for 2023 though is that the Cowboys have lost some key players while the Eagles have greatly improved their roster.

Right, except you keep forgetting they have Prescott and you guys have Hurts....it's just that simple

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, except you keep forgetting they have Prescott and you guys have Hurts....it's just that simple

You act as if Dak Prescott is some top 5 elite QB. His offensive line is worse, he lost his favorite WR and Mike McCarthy is still his HC.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act as if Dak Prescott is some top 5 elite QB. His offensive line is worse, he lost his favorite WR and Mike McCarthy is still his HC.

Keep drinking that Kool-Ade son....it's green...but that's mold not lime

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say that was incorrect?

1) The coach actually coached a team to a Superbowl win.
2) Are you sure that was his favorite receiver? I know one thing for a fact, players are replaced, always.
3) Again, are you sure, maybe they let the guys go cuz they have as good or better replacements.
4) One thing that is a fact is this. On paper is not factual nor does it guarantee results.

So in the end we can argue this until the cows come home, but we'll know the results come January 2023. Until then, I let my rep on here speak for itself and you have yours....I can live with that.

Lastly, we need to not hijack this NFC South thread and not turn it into a NFC East thread. So if you want to continue, we can go there.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep drinking that Kool-Ade son....it's green...but that's mold not lime
Cooper is in Leave-land. Gallup is hurt as is Washington (the guy they signed away from the Steelers)....

They have Lamb right now and a rookie at WR, the OL is a mess, and while I think Zeke could have a bounce back season.....it's not guaranteed. There are a lot of questions in big D.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS IS THE NFC SOUTH THREAD....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The coach actually coached a team to a Superbowl win.
2) Are you sure that was his favorite receiver? I know one thing for a fact, players are replaced, always.
3) Again, are you sure, maybe they let the guys go cuz they have as good or better replacements.
4) One thing that is a fact is this. On paper is not factual nor does it guarantee results.

So in the end we can argue this until the cows come home, but we'll know the results come January 2023. Until then, I let my rep on here speak for itself and you have yours....I can live with that.

Lastly, we need to not hijack this NFC South thread and not turn it into a NFC East thread. So if you want to continue, we can go there.

McCarthy didn't coach them to a Super Bowl win. Rodgers carried McCarthy to a Super Bowl win.

Yeah there is really no doubt when you look at Coopers production and how Dak played with Cooper in the lineup and out of the lineup. They also lost Wilson who was a good WR for them.

They lost two starters on the offensive line. They got some older guys on the line who struggle to stay healthy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB in TB another Div Champ and quite possibly another SB appearance for him.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the injuries mounting in Tampa, the NFCS could be last years NFCE, where a team makes the PO by default. But, never underestimate the power of Tom Brady … am I right @Tapey? :)
Brady could sleep walk to a division title if I’m being srs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because someone says Dak is better than a QB at the back end of being a top 20 QB doesnt mean they think he is top 5.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC SOUTH THREAD....DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!