• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team defense?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Colts right now against Baltimore next week. Considering grabbing the eagles who are playing the rans this week. I may just sit back and see what gets dropped.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Colts right now against Baltimore next week. Considering grabbing the eagles who are playing the rans this week. I may just sit back and see what gets dropped.

Defenses are so frustrating. I drafted SF. They had a great game against Dallas to open the season, then couldn't stop shit in weeks 2 and 3. I benched them this past week since they were facing a high powered offense in Philly. I started Chicago, who has been playing solid the first 3 weeks of the season, and they had a promising match up against a struggling Packers offense. SF defense scored over 10 points this week, while Chicago was lucky just to get 0.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grab whoever is playing oakland, jags, jets, bills

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses are so frustrating. I drafted SF. They had a great game against Dallas to open the season, then couldn't stop shit in weeks 2 and 3. I benched them this past week since they were facing a high powered offense in Philly. I started Chicago, who has been playing solid the first 3 weeks of the season, and they had a promising match up against a struggling Packers offense. SF defense scored over 10 points this week, while Chicago was lucky just to get 0.

Sitting SF was not a bad choice, despite the results, but why in the world would you stream a mediocre defense against the Packers? Struggling or no, you don't stream against Aaron Rodgers.

DST play is all about the matchup. You can't just look at points though, you must look at strengths/weaknesses of both units.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting SF was not a bad choice, despite the results, but why in the world would you stream a mediocre defense against the Packers? Struggling or no, you don't stream against Aaron Rodgers.

DST play is all about the matchup. You can't just look at points though, you must look at strengths/weaknesses of both units.

GB was giving up the 8th most points to opposing DEF thru week 3.
After Week 4, Chicago is still tied for 8th in sacks, tied for 2nd in INT's, and was averaging about 12 PPG in fantasy. I wouldn't have called that mediocre before the game against GB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Week 4, Chicago is still tied for 8th in sacks, tied for 2nd in INT's, and was averaging about 12 PPG in fantasy. I wouldn't have called that mediocre before the game against GB.

You still don't stream a defense against Rodgers. Would you stream those same Bears playing the Saints "struggling" offense after that Dallas game? Probably not. .. same deal with the Packers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all true, but you are looking too much at numbers and not enough at who The teams have played or at the assets they have.

The Bears first 3 games were against a QB who has already lost his job, another who is about to and Kaepernick who has talent, but no clue how to use it. Because they put up numbers against the Bills and Jets does not make them a strong fantasy play. Also, their best DB, Tillman is out for the season.

And they still gave up 20 in each game

Last edited by a moderator: