• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which is more impressive

Which is more impressive

• Harden - 30 for 30

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Westbrook - 10 straight triple doubles

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden's 30 for 30 (30 straight games with at least 30 points) (41 pts avg)
Westbrook's messed around and got a triple double streak (NBA record 10 straight)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook triple double streak by far
Overall I agree but both of them love stat padding. It is different if you get it in the natural flow of the game versus chucking shots late when you are up by double digits or passing up better shots just to get a chance at an assist.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I think that this hasn’t happened before regarding the streak of 30 point games is because Jordan’s teams would rest when the game was at hand.

There may be times where the score is run up because there’s a rivalry or because there’s a stat that they know about, but longevity stats like streaks, weren’t as known. I know that Jordan wanted to be the best, but I don’t think he cared about these type of streaks.

Wilt Chamberlain did care, but who knows where his watermark point threshold was? He did 29 games in a row? I think that he could done more if he had been focused on that instead of some other stats.

Frankly, if Harden were on my team, I would worry about him getting injured in the last minute in a game that is already decided.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Harden as a volume shooter, but I think I’d be more impressed if we had more days with over 50% shooting. That’s hard with the number of three point shots taken so I guess I could look at the true shooting percentage on one of those stat pages.

We all know the accusations on his free throw drawing. It’d be impossible to do this without that, in my opinion. Driving over and over is draining. I don’t think his controversial fell trying makes up the majority, but it is a factor between getting 29 points versus 30.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is averaging 40 over his last 10 games, and playing the best defense in the league on top of it. Put me down for a write in vote for him.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Westbrook for me.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Westbrook fan at all but the answer is Westbrook for me.

If you toss up 35 shots a game, including 16-17 from 3 point range you damn well better score at least 30 points.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Harden as a volume shooter, but I think I’d be more impressed if we had more days with over 50% shooting. That’s hard with the number of three point shots taken so I guess I could look at the true shooting percentage on one of those stat pages.

We all know the accusations on his free throw drawing. It’d be impossible to do this without that, in my opinion. Driving over and over is draining. I don’t think his controversial fell trying makes up the majority, but it is a factor between getting 29 points versus 30.

Harden is comfortably in the top 20 in the league in true shooting percentage.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is that both are ridiculously impressive, and both are also somewhat tainted by the respective players stat padding.

I guess I am more impressed by Harden's streak because Russ makes the triple double look easy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is comfortably in the top 20 in the league in true shooting percentage.

I thought true shooting percentage weighed three point shots and two point shots against the norm for the league or something. But instead, it is: (PTS x 100)/(2X(FG+ (.44xFTA))). That doesn’t tell me anything about his ability to shoot from the field as a volume shooter.

I mean, obviously James Harden is good and he has the greenlight, but I don’t know how to compare his shooting with others because his role is obviously different than those who shoot less. It may be easier to shoot a higher percentage when you aren’t relied upon so much and are picking and choosing shots or playing the role where the ball is only given to you in good positions. (I.E. You only shoot what do you were open.)

For as much flack as Harden gets for his foul drawing, I’m sure that his field goal percentage is affected by the times he drives looking for a foul and it’s not called. Anyone who shoots as many three-pointers is not going to have as high of a percentage because the three-point shots are made at a smaller clip across-the-board. I believe he is probably shooting more in D’Antoni’s system then and others he’s played.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are pretty equally guilty of stat padding, imo.

Personally, I'm more impressed with Harden's streak, even though I find him pretty unwatchable most of the time.

Unless I'm mistaken, most of what Harden has done has been with CP3 and Capela out. So teams go into the game knowing they just need to slow down Harden and can't do it.

The way PG is playing, he's taking attention away from Westbrook making it a little easier to do what he's done.

The one edge I would give to Westbrook is that Harden's streak should be over, but he stayed in a game that was already decided, just to keep the streak going. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Westbrook staying in a game that was already decided, just to keep his streak alive.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many missed travel calls have aided Harden?

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I agree but both of them love stat padding. It is different if you get it in the natural flow of the game versus chucking shots late when you are up by double digits or passing up better shots just to get a chance at an assist.
I'm not an nba guy but I did see a video showing how generous they are about giving assists away these days.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an nba guy but I did see a video showing how generous they are about giving assists away these days.

Very generous bordering on insane.

The pass should lead directly to a scoring chance for it to be an assist.

Like if I pass it to you and make your defender close out, you lift him with a pump fake and shoot a 1 dribble pull up, then that is an assist to me.

But I see an ordinary reversal pass to a player tightly guarded with no advantage. Dude shakes his defender and makes a 1 on 1 play and an assist gets awarded.

No way man! That is not an assist. A decent chunk of Russ assists go on plays like that to PG.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato salad

Both are ball hogs and dominate the offensive side of the ball.

Defense? Lol