• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where the fuck is Lou Holtz tonight

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Holtz have packed it in at Arkansas before he beat Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl? Should he have packed it in before he won the NC at Notre Dame?

There were a lot of ups and downs for Holtz in between those years.

I'm not defending Mack, just sayin' I think Holtz is more qualified to analyze the situation than May regarding anything to do with coaching.

I think the situations you mention are a bit different. Arkansas beat Oklahoma in his first year, and they had a ton of success. Holtz won the NC in his 3rd year right? I think that is supposedly the magic number for all NC winning coaches at ND. He even turned around a really bad South Carolina to a respectable level and set the platform for their general success today.

Mack has lost the faith of everyone, and when that happens it's only a matter of time before it starts to affect everything else negatively, such as with recruiting because recruits go with hype and who's good, and they don't want to get caught up in coach changes etc. If it was early in his time @ Texas I could see your point, but not this late in it.

But I think Texas wins this weekend and that cools things off a tad.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the situations you mention are a bit different. Arkansas beat Oklahoma in his first year, and they had a ton of success. Holtz won the NC in his 3rd year right? I think that is supposedly the magic number for all NC winning coaches at ND. He even turned around a really bad South Carolina to a respectable level and set the platform for their general success today.

Mack has lost the faith of everyone, and when that happens it's only a matter of time before it starts to affect everything else negatively, such as with recruiting because recruits go with hype and who's good, and they don't want to get caught up in coach changes etc. If it was early in his time @ Texas I could see your point, but not this late in it.

But I think Texas wins this weekend and that cools things off a tad.

Yeah, I got Texas this weekend too.

Not sure what's going on at Texas. Their coaching staff has been pilfered over the last few years. Brown is at least attempting to do something about the poor product.

Regarding talent level, how does one know for sure it is top notch? They rank high on the recruiting services, but is that because Texas is interested in them? Are they really being evaluated by Texas coaches or are they taking the easy way out and trusting the recruiting services four and five star evaluations?
Texas doesn't need to leave their offices to recruit down there, the recruits come to them in droves.

That's why Texas pushed so hard to limit the time Big 12 coaches could spend outside their offices recruiting. It was a benefit to them.

My personal opinion is that their run of success led to complacency. Not that Brown is a bad coach or is washed up. I'd bet money that if he stayed, they'd be back to top 10 in a couple years.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he hasn't been back since this... (skip to about the 2:30 mark)

Lou Holtz passionately defends Longhorns coach Mack Brown: 'I am damn sick and tired of everybody jumping on coaches' | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW

I feel bad for him, but then again, I'm in the minority and enjoyed listening to him

lol... oh man I missed that when it happened. Thanks for the link.

I like coach Holtz's lines of thinking most of the time, but cannot stand the slurred speech.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably praying and lighting a candle to the Virgin Mary hopeing that Notre Dame's run game shows up tomorrow.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you Lou, good for you!!!!

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in talks for becoming the next head coach at Texas.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtz and May are on ESPN right now.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

My fav commercial ever

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLiPwBl8gM&feature=player_detailpage]AT&T and ESPN College Football Co-branded TV Commercial: "Coupon" - YouTube[/ame]

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEESH AT THE SHIZHLER ENJOYING THEIR SHENIORS SHPECIAL BUFFET NIGHT. HE DOESHN'T HAVE TO REMOVE HISH CHOPPERSH TO EAT THEIR SHIRLOIN SHTEAK AND THE SHTRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ISH DELICIOUSH!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEESH AT THE SHIZHLER ENJOYING THEIR SHENIORS SHPECIAL BUFFET NIGHT. HE DOESHN'T HAVE TO REMOVE HISH CHOPPERSH TO EAT THEIR SHIRLOIN SHTEAK AND THE SHTRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ISH DELICIOUSH!

:spit:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like everyone!

Including Lou. How could anyone want that tv gold to go away??

Lotta butthurt from folks about commentators, announcers, and commentators.

I have never understood how people actually let that ruin the game experience.

Agree Mamba.

Anybody that thinks that Rece Davis, Holtz, and May aren't running a script is a couple of beers short of a 6 pack.

I find Holtz entertaining. The mumbling, bumbling, spitting from Holtz makes the show. Everybody is supposed to hate Mark May. You watch long enough he is going to shit on your school.

If you watch it to get pissed off, then it isn't the show you need to watch.

I enjoy the entertainment. It is the WWF for college football with some great highlights and recap of games. Where else can I get a national scene of college football? Hate all these guys all you want. They are giving you nationwide college football. Why the fuck are you complaining?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Holtz is he is such a homer for ND and it gets annoying listening to him. The lighthearted rivalry between him and May is the only redeeming quality.