• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Okur and Kanter both "Big Turkey Melts"?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to remember whether Bolerjack called both of them that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot I would call Kanter, but I like Memo a lot.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot I would call Kanter, but I like Memo a lot.

What would you call each of them?

I like the nickname The Money Man for Okur.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you call each of them?

I like the nickname The Money Man for Okur.

Your post in the other thread explains a lot about Kanter.

However, I'd still like to hear your thoughts on Okur.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post in the other thread explains a lot about Kanter.

However, I'd still like to hear your thoughts on Okur.

I think he was the only quality Turkish player we've had, so he represents well. I can't think of any other Turkish players who were any good, unselfish, multi-dimensional on our team. Real winner, team guy. He won a ring, might be the only Turkish player with a championship ring or who currently is in the NBA who will ever win one. Türkoğlu played for the Spurs in a non-Finals year.

I called him Okur or sometimes Mehmet. Or if I was feeling extra specific, I'd call him Mehmet Okur. I liked Money Man, but the Mailman was the only person I ever referred to with their nickname in real conversation, and even then, I don't remember saying it out loud. Kanter's a Jackass, but I don't typically use nicknames. They often are too corny or don't really fit in a sentence well. I mean, Kanter's a Dick, but nicknames are better in print than in conversation. I maybe have used the nickname Air Jordan at some point in conversation, but it wasn't as common as Kanter opening his mouth to say something stupid.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was the only quality Turkish player we've had, so he represents well. I can't think of any other Turkish players who were any good, unselfish, multi-dimensional on our team. Real winner, team guy. He won a ring, might be the only Turkish player with a championship ring or who currently is in the NBA who will ever win one. Türkoğlu played for the Spurs in a non-Finals year.

I called him Okur or sometimes Mehmet. Or if I was feeling extra specific, I'd call him Mehmet Okur. I liked Money Man, but the Mailman was the only person I ever referred to with their nickname in real conversation, and even then, I don't remember saying it out loud. Kanter's a Jackass, but I don't typically use nicknames. They often are too corny or don't really fit in a sentence well. I mean, Kanter's a Dick, but nicknames are better in print than in conversation. I maybe have used the nickname Air Jordan at some point in conversation, but it wasn't as common as Kanter opening his mouth to say something stupid.

Thanks. So now I know how you refer to players.

I call that former Wizards and Bulls player, "Michael Airball Jordan", but only in print so far, I think.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the dimensions of Okur?

I made a thread about his face up game. But he only showed it a few times a year. Such a game against the Kings with Jason Thompson, or against Portland and LaMarcus Aldridge. The Portland game was frustrating, because while he played well (27 points, 10 rebounds), a few weeks later, he went 1-7 in a 21 point loss.

Too inconsistent.