• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does K.C. go from here

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a great point was made by Dilfer, nobody beats Peyton man-to-man, thats what the Chiefs learned, lets see if they change it up in game 2...if not...Denver's got them

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a great point was made by Dilfer, nobody beats Peyton man-to-man, thats what the Chiefs learned, lets see if they change it up in game 2...if not...Denver's got them

They tried what the Colts did earlier in the year. Problem is earlier in the year the Broncos were missing 3 starters on the OL so Peyton was under constant pressure. A couple of those guys have come back and the OL looked more like they did the first 5 or so games of the year than they did the last 3.

Honestly I don't see the Chiefs changing that too much for the 2nd game. I could see a few more exotic blitzes thrown in to try and change some things up but they played the most complete game against the Broncos offense that any team has all year so not sure you can ask much more of them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried what the Colts did earlier in the year. Problem is earlier in the year the Broncos were missing 3 starters on the OL so Peyton was under constant pressure. A couple of those guys have come back and the OL looked more like they did the first 5 or so games of the year than they did the last 3.

Honestly I don't see the Chiefs changing that too much for the 2nd game. I could see a few more exotic blitzes thrown in to try and change some things up but they played the most complete game against the Broncos offense that any team has all year so not sure you can ask much more of them.

They did...bottomline...they have to hope the home crowd makes it a little more difficult on Manning and Alex Smith has a big day....just not going to beat DEN scoring under 20 pts.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought KC played a good game, just looked tentative on the pass rush (no hits on Manning) and in the passing game. I don't think we'll see that in the rematch at Arrowhead. KC will be fine I think from here on out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you are right, but I don't see it. As much as I'd like to see such a collapse, I think that they will win at least two at home and one on the road, getting them at least 12 wins. I think that their defense is just too solid to lose five or six of their last seven games. Should be interesting.

Losing 4 of 6 does sound like a collapse, but the 9-0 part included a lot of opportunist scores by the DEF.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them win 12 b/c of the DEF, but no real TE to speak of, mediocre play @ WR, and a QB that is not going to challenge you downfield much, I'm thinking they will lose a few more games coming down the stretch here.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody beats manning with man, but zone is suicide.

The film they ran made sense, because of man-to-man Peyton could get the ball away faster thus making the strong chiefs pass rush nothing and why Peyton didn't see the ground once. If a zone, etc Peyton wouldn't detect the weakest coverage as easily and have to hold the ball an extra second or two til something developed.

who knows but if they do the same thing, the same result will happen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The film they ran made sense, because of man-to-man Peyton could get the ball away faster thus making the strong chiefs pass rush nothing and why Peyton didn't see the ground once. If a zone, etc Peyton wouldn't detect the weakest coverage as easily and have to hold the ball an extra second or two til something developed.

Depends, but i don't think it does when you realize it is still Peyton Manning and will destroy virtually any zone as he can,and will, diagnose it. I disagree that the same will happen neccessairly. It may be better or worse, that is just the inherent advantage/disadvantage of press man coverage.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Usually the press man coverage is actually what slows a quarterback down because the timing of routes are thrown off making him have to hold on just a little longer for the WR to get back on track in the route. It is very aggressive in nature because if the receiver beats his guy it usually is for a big gain but with a good pass rush is the perfect combination.

The Broncos last night though had their most rushing attempts of the season. They played very conservative with a lot of screens (although they have done with quite a bit) and a lot of slant and out routes to try and get it out of Peyton's hands as quickly as possible. So with the run game and quick throws the Chiefs pass rush was all but eliminated. Teams have figured out the last few weeks that this is the best way to play the Chiefs so it is not like this is something new to them (they have had I think only 2 sacks in the last 3 games now).

You have to look at it in the Chiefs held Peyton to probably his 2nd worst game of the year and the Broncos offense to its lowest point total of the season. That is pretty impressive for any defense to slow down the Broncos this much.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll make the playoffs and then probably lose their first playoff game.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends, but i don't think it does when you realize it is still Peyton Manning and will destroy virtually any zone as he can,and will, diagnose it. I disagree that the same will happen neccessairly. It may be better or worse, that is just the inherent advantage/disadvantage of press man coverage.

Yeah, I really hope the Chiefs do try to play zone because Manning will likely shred it.

I think Dilfer is nuts. The way to beat Manning isn't exactly a secret: be very physical with his receivers and knock off their timing, forcing Manning to hold the ball a little longer than he wants, and then get your pass rush to him and hit him a lot.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it will probably take 15-1 ( Yes, I think Denver is that good) for the Chiefs to win the division as tiebreakers won't favor Kansas City in the end I would imagine. I would think you start using Knile Davis as they did last night against Denver. Kyle Williams absolutely needs to be wokred into the offense as #3 as the WR separation was awful last night ( forget all the drops and penalties for a second) WR production is unacceptable and it shows up when Bowe is targeted 11 times for 4 catches. When your possession receiver is RB and FB; you're screwed without an elite defense.

Poor bastards, they still think Alex Smith is a great QB. Now they are wishing for Kyle Williams in the lineup.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor bastards, they still think Alex Smith is a great QB. Now they are wishing for Kyle Williams in the lineup.

Never said Smith was great at anything with the possible exception of game manager. But yeah, it is pretty sad when Kyle frikin' Williams is an upgrade.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith isn't a great QB but sure looked better with SF recievers than Kap does.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing 4 of 6 does sound like a collapse, but the 9-0 part included a lot of opportunist scores by the DEF.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them win 12 b/c of the DEF, but no real TE to speak of, mediocre play @ WR, and a QB that is not going to challenge you downfield much, I'm thinking they will lose a few more games coming down the stretch here.

Their TEs and WRs haven't been very productive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they improved. I always thought that Fasano was good in Miami and figured he'd be a nice addition for them. Not sure why he hasn't done more this year, but I think he might have missed some games to injury. McGrath also looked decent last night. He got open on what could have been a very long play had Smith not overthrown him. Between the two of them they were actually pretty productive last night.

I also think they have some talent at WR. Bowe has had some very good years and has a lot of talent, in my opinion. He's obviously having a down year, but he has the ability to get opened; just needs to catch the ball. Avery and McCluster aren't great, but they are both speedy and elusive. I think that Smith just needs to take more shots down the field for them to contribute more.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their TEs and WRs haven't been very productive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they improved. I always thought that Fasano was good in Miami and figured he'd be a nice addition for them. Not sure why he hasn't done more this year, but I think he might have missed some games to injury. McGrath also looked decent last night. He got open on what could have been a very long play had Smith not overthrown him. Between the two of them they were actually pretty productive last night.

I also think they have some talent at WR. Bowe has had some very good years and has a lot of talent, in my opinion. He's obviously having a down year, but he has the ability to get opened; just needs to catch the ball. Avery and McCluster aren't great, but they are both speedy and elusive. I think that Smith just needs to take more shots down the field for them to contribute more.

Part of the problem is the Receivers really aren't making plays. They aren't really open, or the O-line doesn't provide the time necessitated, and even if they are open and throw is there, there is a strong chance the receiver drops it based on what has happened so far in the season. It is incredibly frustrating to watch an offense self-destruct (usually not in the form of a TO) as often as KC does right now.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose you could make that argument, but you would be wrong. It should be clear to anyone that actually watched the game that Manning was the far better qb last night.

What should be clear to everyone is the fact that KC can hang with Denver. Denver had the home field advantage last night and didn't dominate KC. I certainly think things will be somewhat different when Denver plays in KC in a couple weeks. It's not a stretch to believe Denver could be a game down to KC after playing the Pats, as Brady has won the majority of the Brady / Manning matchups. So what I'm saying is there is a very good possibility that after Denver plays in KC the Chiefs could be two games up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should be clear to everyone is the fact that KC can hang with Denver. Denver had the home field advantage last night and didn't dominate KC. I certainly think things will be somewhat different when Denver plays in KC in a couple weeks. It's not a stretch to believe Denver could be a game down to KC after playing the Pats, as Brady has won the majority of the Brady / Manning matchups. So what I'm saying is there is a very good possibility that after Denver plays in KC the Chiefs could be two games up.

Really important that the Pats beat Denver because the tiebreakers won't work in KC's favor if both teams are at say 14-2 and split H2H. KC is screwed in the division unless they win out in terms of the division unless a team like NE bails us out.