• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

where are they now?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we cut.

Where former Washington Redskins landed - ESPN
Where former Redskins landed . John Kiem ESPN

Taking a look at some of the high-profile cuts by Washington and where they’ve landed. The Redskins liked to boast that they had more depth, but if that’s the case then more of these players would have been signed by other teams. That hasn’t happened.

LB Darryl Sharpton: Signed by Chicago last week. Would have made the Redskins’ roster if healthy, but his high ankle sprain landed him on injured reserve and eventually released with an injury settlement.

RB Evan Royster: Still available. His lack of speed was always an issue, but I’m still surprised some team hasn’t signed him.

LB Rob Jackson: Still available. Hasn’t had any tryouts, but has heard from some teams. His lack of speed is an issue at a position where athleticism is at a premium. He made some plays, but he also had holes in his game. This is now the third time he has been available for other teams -- twice in free agency -- and nobody has shown much interest. He’ll always be remembered here because of his game- and title-clinching interception against Dallas in 2012.

OL Maurice Hurt: Still available. No surprise.

OG Mike McGlynn: Signed by the Chiefs, whose line was described as “paper-thin” shortly after being cut. McGlynn is starting at left guard. He struggled at that position with Indianapolis and did not look all that good at center with Washington this summer.

PK Zach Hocker: Still available; has been on standby a couple times with the Redskins.

P Robert Malone: Still available.

OG Adam Gettis: The 2012 draft pick remains unsigned.

RB Lache Seastrunk: Just signed to Tennessee’s practice squad (Carolina cut him from its practice squad last week). Seastrunk has definite holes in his game, particularly in the pass game. But his speed will make him intriguing for a little while.

WR Nick Williams: Still unsigned.

WR Rashad Ross: Signed to Chicago’s practice squad.

CB Peyton Thompson: Signed to Jacksonville’s practice squad. He was horrible with Washington this summer and cut after the first preseason game.

WR Lee Doss: Signed to Cleveland’s practice squad.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like other teams are rushing to pick up our cuts.

LOL at your new avi! :10:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like other teams are rushing to pick up our cuts.

LOL at your new avi! :10:

Lache now on Tennessee's ps. This is really the only one that has me curious.

I suppose Hocker to some degree. Royster will probably get a shot somewhere when a team gets paper thin at RB.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lache now on Tennessee's ps. This is really the only one that has me curious.

I suppose Hocker to some degree. Royster will probably get a shot somewhere when a team gets paper thin at RB.

Lache being dropped by Carolina is an interesting tid bit. Seems like there might have been something to his inability to take coaching constructively when it was quite obvious he had some holes in his game. Catching passes for one... Still electric speed, no doubt.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hocker back with us if Kai's groin gets worse as the season progresses.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mark of good teams is told by the willingness of others to acquire players that do not make their team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mark of good teams is told by the willingness of others to acquire players that do not make their team.

well again i hear all about talent we have but then who is using it ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad it might be safe to say we here in Washington might not know what talent is anymore if can only compare it to what we have seen for a long time. :lol: I guess you can tell by our record too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one guy we let get away and shouldnt have is is chad rinehart . he has appeared in 42 games and started 31 . he has played well with san diego and he is a OG

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one guy we let get away and shouldnt have is is chad rinehart . he has appeared in 42 games and started 31 . he has played well with san diego and he is a OG

and maybe some kickers