• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When to they announce the MVP and other EOY awards?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, it looks like you can't edit your thread title. The word second word of the thread title should read "do", not "to".

Well, I pretty much put my question in the thread title. I just want to know when the end of year individual awards will be announced.

I just looked up last year when Durant won it and it seemed like it was in the first week of May. I was thinking it was right after the season was over with. It seems odd that they would allow for a few rounds of playoffs to be played and THEN vote on the individual awards. It seems that some early round results and player performances might get in the way of just judging the regular season.

Help me out here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that despite the fact that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar didn't make the playoffs this year.....didn't even play a game in the NBA this year, has won the 2014-15 MVP award.

Jabbar-wins-MVP-2014-15-who-can-believe-this-?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it look like a link. Cool.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins wins rookie of the year in a landslide.

Andrew Wiggins of Minnesota Timberwolves named NBA rookie of the year

Wiggins became the first Minnesota Timberwolves player to win rookie of the year, and he did it in a landslide. He received 110 of 130 first-place votes and had 604 points in the voting. Chicago's Nikola Mirotic finished second with 14 first-place votes and 335 points; Philadelphia's Nerlens Noel was third.

Had Miritoc played from the beginning of the year all the way through, he may have won it, in my opinion. Wiggins, though, is going to be one heck of a player.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins wins rookie of the year in a landslide.

Andrew Wiggins of Minnesota Timberwolves named NBA rookie of the year

Wiggins became the first Minnesota Timberwolves player to win rookie of the year, and he did it in a landslide. He received 110 of 130 first-place votes and had 604 points in the voting. Chicago's Nikola Mirotic finished second with 14 first-place votes and 335 points; Philadelphia's Nerlens Noel was third.

Had Miritoc played from the beginning of the year all the way through, he may have won it, in my opinion. Wiggins, though, is going to be one heck of a player.

Wiggins really came on at the end of the year. The guy is going to be a really good player/borderline Allstar in the league for the next 10 years.

Mirotic is good also, but he's not a rookie by any stretch. He's been a professional overseas for many years. I don't think he has nearly the upside that most do. I think he'll be Ryan Anderson with a better handle.

That being said an argument could have been made for Mirotic if Wiggins didn't have the monster last 2 months of the season, stats-wise, and that Mirotic has been integral to the success of a playoff team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your comments. Mirotic is going to be a tremendous 3-pt shooter in the league for years. Yes, he's pretty much a catch and shoot guy, but his shot is really flawless.

Wiggins can score from anywhere, and his confidence is really increased greatly as the year wore on. As a rookie, he's already their "go-to guy".

Mirotic's age is about when a player would normally be coming out of college if he stayed there for all 4 years. It's fair to compare him to a player who chose to come out after one year in college.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Curry Reportedly Wins MVP Award for 2014-15 NBA Season

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this picture of Curry in the above post was when he dunked over Rudy Gobert. That's him pulling the ball waaaay back before throwing it down.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Curry's unlikely dominance leads to unlikely MVP - Golden State Warriors Blog - ESPN

It's official! Curry is MVP. He won by 236 votes, a fairly close win, over James Harden.

The following sentence from the article describes the best stretch of this season from Curry:

"The most astounding stretch came after the All-Star break, a period of time where Curry made 125 3-pointers in just 29 games. He did it while hitting 51.7 percent of his attempts."

This is me talking now:
Curry, more than any other player in today's game, has and will continue to change the way basketball is played. From high school to college and above, anyone with the strength to hoist up a 3-pointer who also has a great work ethic can become great at any level of basketball. You don't have to have the size or strength of a Shaquille O'neal or the athleticism of a Lebron James to be great or dominant at the highest level. Curry gives hope to millions of undersized kids out there around the globe.