• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Jeter retires at the end of the year Posey will take over as the face of MLB

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give a rats ass in the latest contest run on the internet about who is the face of MLB. Sogard from the A's beat out Buster Posey which is the biggest joke going right now. David Wright eventually was named the winner of the contest and I got a good chuckle out of that pick. Wright is a good player don't get me wrong but he is not the face of MLB. Some say it's Trout or Cabrera but until they bring home a WS Championship there is only one real face that deserves the crown.

It's Buster Posey and it's not even close. Derek Jeter has held the crown for a long time but his time is coming to a end and in a way Posey reminds me so much of Jeter. A class ballplayer who is a winner and plays the game the right way is what it is all about and Jeter along side of Posey are molded in similar clay. They are throwbacks to a era where leaders took responsibility for their team and losing was not excepted with a smile. Striving to win is in their DNA. Winning not money is their ultimate motivator.

After the 2010 Championship season Posey said on the steps of City Hall that the Giants would enjoy it for a month or so but he was determined to get his team back to the top once again . He did just that after a terrible injury in 2011. In 2012 he put the team on his back and carried them to a WS Championship #2. His Grand Slam against the Reds in game 5 of the NLDS off Latos was his signature moment in his MVP season.

Jeter and Posey are all about Championships and that is why they are the faces of MLB and to all those who did'nt vote for Posey they have no clue on what the game is all about. It's all cool with Posey though because he would rather just do his thing and collect more Championships instead of mugging for a camera and becoming a face in the crowd.

Go Giants !!

:clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey belongs in the conversation, no question. But I think the edge goes to Trout. He is young, pays in a major market, and skills piled on skills. Posey does have some major hardware, so you may be right that he will hold the mantle, at least for a few years. Two rings and two trophies in less than three seasons of play is hard to ignore.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout is the Face of MLB as calsnow said. Love Poseey and gladly take the 2 WS ring but when regular fans think of baseball, face will be Trout

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout is the Face of MLB as calsnow said. Love Poseey and gladly take the 2 WS ring but when regular fans think of baseball, face will be Trout

Yep, it comes down to looks. Mike Trout is a very good looking guy. In our society, that often trumps skill/talent. And while Posey is attractive to most, Trout has it in spades.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my mind there can be more than one (sorry Highlander). When 'regular fans' think baseball they used to think A-Rod, and Jeter, perhaps Pujols too.

Now I'd say it's Trout and Posey both. Maybe Kershaw too. And I agree with BoB, Posey reminds me a lot of Jeter. From day one with Posey you just saw Hall of Fame written all over him, same as Jeter.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it comes down to looks. Mike Trout is a very good looking guy. In our society, that often trumps skill/talent. And while Posey is attractive to most, Trout has it in spades.

There's something to this (i.e. Jeter)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just as soon Kershaw get all the pitching attention and Trout get all the hitting attention. We'll fly a bit UTR and win championships every other year.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely this guy:

3rj9rs.jpg

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was when this picture was taken...

:nod: :whistle:

For this pic, I was on the handlebars & was trying to do a selfie, but I accidentally cut myself out. :laugh3:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey hitting .450 so far this spring with 2 jacks. He looks all set for a big year.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great swing is a great swing and Posey's swing is set to go again this year...Spring Training , Regular season,or the freaking World Series. I have been around a long time and I know he is set for a big year and you can take that to the bank.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great swing is a great swing and Posey's swing is set to go again this year...Spring Training , Regular season,or the freaking World Series. I have been around a long time and I know he is set for a big year and you can take that to the bank.

Posey probably will have a great year because he's a great player and he's just entering his prime.

But that doesn't make Marco wrong, spring training stats ARE worth shit. Folks that have 'been around a long time' should know that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While ST stats are shit... I would still prefer they have good stats vs having bad stats.

But I would not be losing any sleep over Posey if he were hitting .130 this spring.