• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's with these cotdamn hamstrings?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are paid athletes why isn't this part of the training regimen?

Not the hitting but the cutting route running etc.

So many injuries not from hitting it tells u they aren't doing the work prior.

Well there is a fine line from what I understand that these guys try to balance. Part of these injuries can definitely be from just not working them as much in the off season then all of sudden jumping into it with training camp. The other side of that though is then the over use injuries that happen to a lot of these guys. A muscle can only handle so much training so some maybe do train like that in the off season but maybe it is too much for the body.

I would throw in there is a difference between just going out and running routes and that of going up against a defender who is hitting you while you are trying to run your route. It changes things up even just a little bit but obviously can have some major problems. I'm running into this right now actually in that I partially tore my Achilles back in March and have been rehabbing it ever sense. Because this has changed how I walk a little all of a sudden I am now having hip problems and having to see a chiropractor to get it realigned every once in a while. So the smallest change can make a huge difference.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the reasons already mentioned, many guys half-ass it when stretching before a workout and that can also lead to these types of problems as well.
I can't believe pro athletes still get shin splints. You would think professional athletes would take stretching seriously.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe pro athletes still get shin splints. You would think professional athletes would take stretching seriously.
I can personally say shin splints are a bitch and sometimes no amount of stretching or prep can prevent them

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can personally say shin splints are a bitch and sometimes no amount of stretching or prep can prevent them
I don't think I've ever had them unless I didn't stretch.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually just reading an article the other day about how Orlando Pace HATED stretching and warming up. Which explains why he had so many nagging injuries later in his career.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually just reading an article the other day about how Orlando Pace HATED stretching and warming up. Which explains why he had so many nagging injuries later in his career.
That is just sad. His livelihood is on the line and he's taking the lazy route? That is unbelievable.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy frustrating. Why don't you see these hamstring injuries when they are in college?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point, hydration. Have to wonder if these guys have been drinking too much as well because I remember pulling groins after a night of drinking.

I remember reading on how Emmit Smith have muscle pull injuries and then he stopped partying and it went away and the rest is history
I'll bet you did.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy frustrating. Why don't you see these hamstring injuries when they are in college?

Some of it probably has to do with the age of the players. Lets face it, did you really have to warm up or stretch much when you were 18, 19 or 20?
Plus, I think the college programs are allowed to do a better job at monitoring players exercise regiments in the off-season. Who knows what many of these NFL guys do in the off-season?

Reactions: GNG

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just sad. His livelihood is on the line and he's taking the lazy route? That is unbelievable.

He had a hall of fame career. Doubt he was all that lazy.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to see one snap from Dwayne Bowe or Pryor because they've been out since forever with hammy injuries.

And I know the Browns are the only team plauged by guys out with a hamstring injury. Bill had 2 or 3 backs out including shady McCoy with the injury.

Just Google NFL hamstring and go to the news tab to see all the guys hit with the injury.

Is this indication these guys weren't working during the off season or just an usage injury that's plaguing the NFL?

:gaah:
Hamstring injuries have become more common in the NFL as a result of weight training. Leg muscles have become bigger and less supple leading to more groin and hamstring injuries.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason, it's summer. These guys are getting in to "football shape". And many of these "injuries" that keep guys out of action right now won't keep a starter out of action when real bullets start to fly, it's just the time of year to be a bit overly cautious.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamstring injuries have become more common in the NFL as a result of weight training. Leg muscles have become bigger and less supple leading to more groin and hamstring injuries.
Anything to back that up? Seems plausible

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point, hydration. Have to wonder if these guys have been drinking too much as well because I remember pulling groins after a night of drinking.

I remember reading on how Emmit Smith have muscle pull injuries and then he stopped partying and it went away and the rest is history

Hmm.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to see one snap from Dwayne Bowe or Pryor because they've been out since forever with hammy injuries.

And I know the Browns are the only team plauged by guys out with a hamstring injury. Bill had 2 or 3 backs out including shady McCoy with the injury.

Just Google NFL hamstring and go to the news tab to see all the guys hit with the injury.

Is this indication these guys weren't working during the off season or just an usage injury that's plaguing the NFL?

:gaah:
Hamstrings should not be stretch before warm-up. All young athletes don't fell like they need to warm-up before they stretch.
It is also a problem when the quads get to much stronger then the hamstrings.
I know the trainers can't watch all the players at once but I still think they can do a better job of monitoring the players workouts.
In preseason, players often hurt hammies because they are no longer warmed up when they finally get in the game......