• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's TJack's trade value to the Bears?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be able to man the ship and keep the Bears in the playoff mix between now and when Cutler returns. I know it's a nice luxury to have as we could be in the same spot were something to happen to RW nevertheless should the team consider cashing in a backup for a middle round pick if one is out there to be had?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how often Wilson gets hit ...I'd say no.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line NEEDS to start protecting better and I'm confident they will once we get Breno and Okung back... They can't get back soon enough... I'd say at this point keep Jackson because he knows our offense well and can step in without a learning curve... Jackson also looked like a man on a mission in the pre-season... He was as sharp as I've ever seen him..

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most other years I'd think about it, but not this year. Not with this offensive line. Too risky.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. This year in a position to get home field advantage and go for a super bowl trophy. The difference between Wilson and tjack and wilson and the next guy up is too wide to consider getting rid of him in my opinion. Tjack can win us a few games and keep us in the playoff hunt should shit hit the fan. I dont have that faith with anyone else if we trade tjack. I just dont think the benefits outweigh the risk.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what. If a team offered a 2nd or 3rd i would jump at it. Anything else the risk is to high for us to trade him. What i mean is lets say the Rams offer their 2nd or 3rd because they are and will be desperate for a QB. That would be a pretty high pick and you can't look past it as i believe we are without a 3rd in 2014.

I would much rather have Jackson here though because of the protection issues. This Oline needs to get their act together. The BIGGEST thing is Okung, him coming back would correct 40% of the line with Paul moving back into his guard position, Carp ( fat slow out of shape turd ) going back to the bench and Okung being the dominant force on the blind side that he is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as many hits as RW takes week in and week out there is no way I'd be happy seeing them trade TJ for anyone else in the league. One wrong plant of his foot and Wilson is out for a few weeks. We are fortunate to have a quality guy who could carry the load in the event of an injury. I'd really be ticked if they threw that away.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP, probably a 6th rounder maybe a 7th.

No way would I trade him. If RW3 goes down, we have a decent shot at success with TJ at the helm.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat that was put up here the other day about Wilson getting pressured on nearly 50% of his passes this season makes the backup quarterback spot that much more valuable to the Seahawks. Trading Jackson leaves us with a guy who has only been with the team a few weeks and doesn't know the system anywhere near as well as Jackson does. Like I said, in just about any other year, I'd at least consider it, but not this year. Not even a pick as high as the third round would get me to do it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP, probably a 6th rounder maybe a 7th.

No way would I trade him. If RW3 goes down, we have a decent shot at success with TJ at the helm.

If that. QB is the most valuable position but mediocre backups with no upside don't really have much trade value.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that. QB is the most valuable position but mediocre backups with no upside don't really have much trade value.

TJak doesn't have a lot of trade value, but I think he's a better back up then Mallett, the statue.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree but it doesn't matter. What does is that no one's giving a second or third like someone on this thread wants for him.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will just get someone on the cheap and call this season a bust and look forward to the draft and next season.

Let's be honest,most likely there will be some changes in the office this off season there now,so I just don't see them throwing too much out there to try and save face.

Oh and the same can be said of the Bears,i just do not see either team making big moves for middle of the road patch QB's.

Last edited by a moderator:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree but it doesn't matter. What does is that no one's giving a second or third like someone on this thread wants for him.

No one is suggesting anyone would give a 2nd for Jackson, it was a hypothetical of what would have to be offered to make 12 trade TJax away. There's no reason for the Rams to do that for a half season rental when they are now unlikely to make the playoffs and it could turn into a fairly high second rounder.

Here's my thinking. Rams stay pat with Clemons and bring in someone to back up. They're 2 games behind the closest team in the division, which may as well be a 10. They have a very tough schedule the rest of the way with games against San Francisco, Indianapolis, New Orleans and 2 against Seattle. Even if they can come out of that with a 3-2 record against those teams and wins against everyone else, they'd need SF to drop 4 games just to get into a tie with them. With their schedule the rest of the way, I'd say they are more likely to be 6-10 than 10-6, though to be fair, they probably wouldn't have been better than 8-8 with Bradford.

Too bad for Bradford though, he was having a good season, and now there's gonna be some serious talks about letting him go and starting over in the draft.

The Bears have the luxury to have a bye week right now, so they can concentrate on getting McCown ready to start against Green Bay. before hosting the Lions. It may be too much to ask any back up to beat Aaron Rodgers on his own turf, but they won't need McCown to do that (though they would obviously like to), they just need them to keep pace with the Lions (so beating Detroit in 3 weeks is a must) and hold off the Panthers, so they can get the Wild Card. So, if Cutler is out 4 weeks, then McCown just needs to win at home against the Lions and Ravens (both teams are vulnerable) and they are still in the playoff hunt without having to trade for anyone.

If this happens, Cutler would just need to win against the Rams (who will have most likely already thrown in the towel), Vikings and Browns; plus one win against Cowboys, Eagles and Packers. Granted this is a lot easier to put here than to actually accomplish, and the Bears defense isn't what it used to be.

In the end, I just don't see any real market for Jackson. What makes him so valuable to the Seahawks is his knowledge of the system and the ability to run it in a way that may actually resemble how Wilson runs it. Besides, Chicago signed Jesse Palmer and the Rams Austin Davis & Brady Quinn to fill their back up QB roster spots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the O.P.

Oh, Hellzzzzzzz. NO! I agree with most of the comments posted above.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we trade him the Bills didn't give us much last year when we dealt him, but Jackson has looked better upon returning here since then I think in the right market an 5th rounder possibly a 4th could get offered which isn't enough to be one snap away from B. J. Daniels in a contending season. It feels like forever between Thursday Night Football and Monday Night Football so I thought it was worth making a topic to pass some time.

There are a lot of unstable QB situations most of them are for non contending teams Rams, Browns, Vikings, Texans etc The Bears are the only club I could see wanting to make a move to maintain their spot in the playoff race but the probably have the most adequate backup in McCown.

Sort of related now that the trade deadline is pushed back a few weeks into the middle of the season do any of you expect more trades to happen in season now? I keep hearing Josh Gordon's name in rumors would hate to see him in S.F.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If some GM gives up a third for T-Jax, there high, drunk or a guy named Howie Rosemen.