• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the plans for Susac?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this has been discussed in a previous thread. I just can't get myself to go through the 544 posts and counting on the Rosterbation thread.

So, what's the plan for Susac? I know he is one of the prized prospects of the organization, but has a big blocker right now in Posey. Any chance he could move to third, ala Sandoval? What about Hector? I'm not a fan of moving Posey just yet, because he's a master behind the plate in calling the games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this has been discussed in a previous thread. I just can't get myself to go through the 544 posts and counting on the Rosterbation thread.

So, what's the plan for Susac? I know he is one of the prized prospects of the organization, but has a big blocker right now in Posey. Any chance he could move to third, ala Sandoval? What about Hector? I'm not a fan of moving Posey just yet, because he's a master behind the plate in calling the games.

At this point, unfortunately, it looks like backup catcher. There just is no room for him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posey will not be a 3B. Evans said it blatantly yesterday, after the Sandoval signing. Posey will be the catcher for at least the next couple years, then will likely transition to 1B. I am not sure what that means for Belt.

That means that Susac will be the primary catcher, and may actually get quite a bit of PT in a Posey/Belt/Susac rotation.

Moving forward, baring trades or injuries, Susac is in the mix to be the Starter in '16/'17, competing with Garcia.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac and Posey will split time at catcher, and Belt and Posey will split time at 1B. It remains to be seen how the time will be allocated, but given how injury prone Susac has been, Posey being a catcher, and Belt being unlucky with injuries, it might be a good thing for the long term of each of them to see more days off. Could keep them all fresh for the late season. And we all know how Bochy loves his match-ups, this gives him a lot of flexibility.

Susac is very much in the Giants plans, and he will find playing time. He is strictly a catcher though, neither Susac or Posey are going to play 3B.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know WHY we wouldn't look at Posey at 3b while he is still relatively young. He's played the infield before (albeit college SS but its not foreign to him), he probably would need to lose some weight to add agility at the position which doesn't suck given his ankle issues as well as his long term health in this game, and we have a MUCH more capable player at C in Susac then we do at 3b. With Belt being an above average defensive 1b and also relatively young as well, I would love to see Posey make a Biggio-like transition trying out the hot corner and probably picking it up rather quickly.