• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would you do?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thread for random decisions.

With two seconds left from the opposite baseline, would you have the inbounder’s defender there? I get maybe you can obstruct his view so he can’t pass it well, but you don’t really need to defend him. You would need more people near the other side to defend and disrupt the pass or shot.

I originally thought that you wouldn’t need any one on that half, but they had other players short of the half mark and I’ve seen far shots made that are uncontested.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The University of Utah put up black curtains over the upper ball of their basketball stadium when they were doing renovations to their upper pole. They decided to keep those up there and keep the curtains down during games that are not sold out or selling enough to fill the lower bowl.

They say that 20 to 30% of the tickets are sold or not used in asking people to sell them to someone who will go. They are also not wanting to open up the upper bowl till the lower bowl is sold. What would you do if you were the marketing head and wanted a full lower ball, because a crowd, because of food and drink, because of national reputation, and yes, prices of tickets. You have to be on their side, not the fan side, but take the fan into account.

The obvious answer is to win games and make it exciting, schedule, good non-conference teams to come, and have reasonable prices. I’m just asking about having a curtain at all. I wonder if people if they had cheaper tickets would go to the game or whether there’s not that much interest because some tickets are cheap in the lower bowl. Will people buy those cheap tickets and sit in the lower bowl anyway. So basically, then you’re just asking for cheaper tickets, not asking for the curtains to be moved.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said all that, I’m not go to buy a ticket in order to hope that the upper bowl curtain is opened. That is stupid. Because I would buy the lower bowl ticket and sit in the lower bowl and it’s no benefit to me that the upper bowl is filled, unless it actually made my team win or gave me some sort of discount on the tickets. It makes no sense.

The idea would then be to go to all the games and everyone else you know go out to all the games and so therefore they make a choice to open up the bowl and then you go buy an upper bowl ticket. in order for that to happen, you need your team to win. The Utes are winning more than they have in the past, but it’s not going to be a national ranked team in this decade, I mean at this moment.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The University of Utah put up black curtains over the upper ball of their basketball stadium when they were doing renovations to their upper pole. They decided to keep those up there and keep the curtains down during games that are not sold out or selling enough to fill the lower bowl.

They say that 20 to 30% of the tickets are sold or not used in asking people to sell them to someone who will go. They are also not wanting to open up the upper bowl till the lower bowl is sold. What would you do if you were the marketing head and wanted a full lower ball, because a crowd, because of food and drink, because of national reputation, and yes, prices of tickets. You have to be on their side, not the fan side, but take the fan into account.

The obvious answer is to win games and make it exciting, schedule, good non-conference teams to come, and have reasonable prices. I’m just asking about having a curtain at all. I wonder if people if they had cheaper tickets would go to the game or whether there’s not that much interest because some tickets are cheap in the lower bowl. Will people buy those cheap tickets and sit in the lower bowl anyway. So basically, then you’re just asking for cheaper tickets, not asking for the curtains to be moved.
The Oakland A's have done this for years. They also have a tarp on the upper deck.

They also don't want people thinking they can walk up to the box office and buy tickets at the last minute. They want to make the supply a little more scarce.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said all that, I’m not go to buy a ticket in order to hope that the upper bowl curtain is opened. That is stupid. Because I would buy the lower bowl ticket and sit in the lower bowl and it’s no benefit to me that the upper bowl is filled, unless it actually made my team win or gave me some sort of discount on the tickets. It makes no sense.

The idea would then be to go to all the games and everyone else you know go out to all the games and so therefore they make a choice to open up the bowl and then you go buy an upper bowl ticket. in order for that to happen, you need your team to win. The Utes are winning more than they have in the past, but it’s not going to be a national ranked team in this decade, I mean at this moment.
Yes, if all the lower bowls are selling out, and they want to sell more seats, then they will open up the upper level height seats.