• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what will be going through you're head

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the devils win again tonight?

personally i'll hae mixed feelings, i'd love to see this team win. absolutely love to.

but at this point whats to hope for in wins this season?

i'll admit i'll be a bit worred that a turn around has come too late to make anything of it, but too early to maintain a good pick.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was worrying about the same thing.I love to see them win but at the same time how realistic is a turnaround now.problem is I don't think they are giving up or you would think the younger guys would be getting some ice time.part of me has a bad feeling they go on a tear miss the playoffs by a point and lose a high pick in the process

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, trying to tank the season, or hoping to tank the season, won't lead us to anything good. Let them play and see where they end up.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO, trying to tank the season, or hoping to tank the season, won't lead us to anything good. Let them play and see where they end up.

Good post. Need to try and get back that winning Devils attitude. Very important to get that Devils confidence back. I have seen improvement the last couple of games. And just think....without the heart of this team - Parise. I know not too many people care for Lemaire, but the guy is a winner and knows how to coach.

I think its best to try and win every game left. I'm with Lou, dont think a long term rebuild is necessary.

makeshiftb0y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want them to tank; a good pick would be nice, but I don't think they should aim for it. I do, however, think they should let the younger guys play more and develop. We're not making the playoffs, so why not?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no i couldnt disagree with you more what else is new mc. im not saying "tank" the season but i dont think getting back a "winning" attitude is most important right now. what this team needs is SKILL and YOUTH what better way to fix that fast then with a good high draft pick. sorry folks but the future of this team isnt with elias/broduer/white/rolston/greene chapter has come to an end.

Last edited by a moderator:

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what this team needs is SKILL and YOUTH what better way to fix that fast then with a good high draft pick. sorry folks but the future of this team isnt with elias/broduer/white/rolston/greene chapter has come to an end.

Agree with you here cup. The only thing is I don't think the draft will be an immediate impact for us. I think it will take a year for them.

I think our current prospects have to start taking the reigns and constantly showing up down in the minors and they will be the ones to make more of an impact than the draft pick this year IMO.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You definitely don't want the youth of this team to start out their careers with the idea it's ok to lose for now in their minds. Look what that did to Kovalchuk!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying to tank I'm just very frustrated the younger guys such as tendenby josefson and urbom aren't getting in the line up right now.minors experience is all fine and good but with the season at a loss big league experience would be best.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't saying to tank I'm just very frustrated the younger guys such as tendenby josefson and urbom aren't getting in the line up right now.minors experience is all fine and good but with the season at a loss big league experience would be best.

Yeah, but if they're not ready, they're not ready. The Devils have never rushed guys to the bigs. Other than Gomez what under 20 has that happened with since Niedermayer, etc. Elias spent something like 4 years in the minors.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also think that we'll jinx ourselves by trying to come in dead last.

AKA not win the lottery. Although, I guess dead last does guarantee us a top 2..

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
before you learn to walk you learn to crawl
before you win you lose

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ask the Islanders how that kind of mentality is working for them? It's translated all the way up to their ownership, which won't spend any money, and has obviously affected their players for a decade.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ask the Islanders how that kind of mentality is working for them? It's translated all the way up to their ownership, which won't spend any money, and has obviously affected their players for a decade.

well you said it yourself right there. the owner has ZERO interest in the success of the islanders. is that the case with beek? has he not shown that he wants to win at all costs?

i also think a few years under mad mike really set the islanders back not their lack of talent because frankly the players he traded away went on to be pretty darn good players

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well you said it yourself right there. the owner has ZERO interest in the success of the islanders. is that the case with beek? has he not shown that he wants to win at all costs?

i also think a few years under mad mike really set the islanders back not their lack of talent because frankly the players he traded away went on to be pretty darn good players

Did you miss the report that he wanted to sign Kovalchuk so he could sell the team to the Russian owner of the nets? You did claim earlier that the post was credible. I wouldn't call this move wanting to win at all costs, and besides, you're suggesting an abandonment of the win at all costs mentality just by suggesting that winning will hurt us.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No, he has not shown he wants to win at all costs. Just like MC said with that report a while ago. If you're beliving that beek cares whether NJ win for anything other than profitable reasons you're naive.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok lets get this straight here. of course beek wants $$$ over cups...but he does realize that you have to SPEND money to MAKE money. as far as the nypost goes...i think i read a story in there one day about a demon baby. does that mean its true? use your brain you can tell yourself what story is true and tabloid (your own words) if your telling me that beek who has made more mone then all of us combined in all of our lifetime. is trying to sell this team? (fair enough can be) but hes hinging it all on a single russian player? BECAUSE the nets owner happens to be russian? REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY? as they say on espn c'mon man! i have to give beek a bit more credit then that.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok lets get this straight here. of course beek wants $$$ over cups...but he does realize that you have to SPEND money to MAKE money. as far as the nypost goes...i think i read a story in there one day about a demon baby. does that mean its true? use your brain you can tell yourself what story is true and tabloid (your own words) if your telling me that beek who has made more mone then all of us combined in all of our lifetime. is trying to sell this team? (fair enough can be) but hes hinging it all on a single russian player? BECAUSE the nets owner happens to be russian? REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY? as they say on espn c'mon man! i have to give beek a bit more credit then that.

Get the f out of here. Now your criticizing the post, which you defend constantly for having the 17 year story first. Maybe you should take a few days off from posting and review what you've said in the past.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And if you don't think it's important to get these young players winning ASAP, you're nuts. Parise might leave because this team hasn't been winning anything important for 4 years. Take about repeating the cycle with your mentality.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually some poor performing teams don't spend much and make alot of money.