• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was Danica Patrick's signature moment in the Cup Series?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daytona 500 Pole with a Top 10 finish and a P4 in the Daytona Clash. 7 Top 10s ain't bad either considering she basically flung herself into unfamiliar territory. At the Sportsman level, she was the first woman to finish Top 10 in points which was also the same season Johanna Long finished in the Top 15.

I think for Patrick, most of her success is centered around IndyCar with the win and numerous Top 10 points finishes.

If we're looking at this purely from the perspective of women in racing, specifically NASCAR, Patrick was a step forward, but it's going to take someone like Hailie Deegan who's been raised into stock car racing from adolescence to advance things a lot further.
Completely disagree on so many levels.
Danica was on one of the top fully funded teams with multiple champions as her teammates. Yet in her entire cup career, she doesnt have one single top 5 finish. So yes. That is very bad.
Johanna Long was on a rag tag team that had about 3 or 4 full time employees on it. Johanna Long while not a great driver by any means, was a much more better driver than Danica. Just had shit equipment & team.

It is my belief Danica set the women in nascar backwards. She was more a promotional billboard than a race car driver. So now if a woman doesnt look good she will not get a fair shot. Thanks Danica.

As far as indy cars. Cant say much. Other than watching her pouty ways when the car wrecked or wasnt working right, I didnt really pay attention to her.
Simona de Silvestro I was watching. She seemed good on road courses but not so much on ovals. But she derailed her career in Indy cars (as far as I know) when she tried to move to F-1.

Now Hailie Deegan. I do think she can help the women's movement in stock car racing. I look forward to seeing what she's got when she gets to the busch level.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember the one who was with Everham?