• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the hell D'Antoni???

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The acceleration in injuries is due in large part to the loss of the strength and conditioning staff. Some of these guys if not pushed will blow off that part of their game and it usually leads to increased injuries.

It also doesn't help smaller playere who need the extra strength and size to become more competitive in their game. Case in point, Ryan Kelly. He desparately needs some one to get his upper body bigger and stronger because he gets mandhandled oft time against seasoned pros.

Short Buss better get his head out of his ass for a number of reasons or he is going to have this problem for the foreseeable future not to mention and increased likelihood for losing seasons no matter who the coach is.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Retro......I do believe that the players need to ultimately take responsibility for their conditioning, however. These are supposedly "professional" players, so you would think they'd care about staying in shape.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Kent Bazemore is out for the rest of the season. A 24 year old athletic guy with no previous injury history that I can find.

Anyone else surprised how literally EVERY player coached by D'Antoni is getting injured?

Kobe, Nash and Gasol you could blame partly for age, but never in their careers have they been this badly affected. Other guys who are years away from 30 are just dropping down like flies. Henry never seemed to have injury problems; Farmer never got hurt this much, let alone Nick Young.

Fuck D'Antoni. He's fucking up our players.

I said this considerably earlier in the season and most blew me off as if I was speaking a foreign language, but I personally blame D'antoni for the injures - atleast in part anyway. Consider this - you can set up plays and run sequences that puts the players at less risk than others. The physical plays and sets runs higher risk of injuries, but D'antoni without defense has been considerably lucky in that department and here in Los Angeles his luck simply ran out

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things short Buss did when he took over besides gut the scouting department was close the strength and conditioning department as well. I don't think the Lakers have much of a staff for strength and conditioning and usually have to seek it out on their own. Perhaps this is the reason they are getting injured with such frequency. No practice, days off, and no strength and conditioning=lots of injuries.

:10: Completely agree Retro. This is what causes injury, the lack of strength and conditioning. I really, REALLY, want D'Antoni out, but personally will not blame him for the injury bug going on. These HIGHLY paid athletes have to be accountable for something, IMO, conditioning and strength training are 2 very important pieces when playing at a very high level of competition.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antoni wasn't even the Lakers' coach when Nash fractured his fibula in the second game of the '12-'13 season.

Regarding the older players' injuries, when you build a team around older players, that's the chance that you take. D'Antoni had nothing to do with it.