• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What should be Washington's new name? Down to 8 finalists.

The Washington Football Team should re-names itself to the...

• Armada

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Brigade

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Commanders

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Defenders

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Presidents

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • RedHogs

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • RedWolves

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Football Team

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are your finalists:

Armada
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

I am sad to see the Washington Hockey Team didn't make the final cut.

Which name do you like the best?

Armada = a fleet of ships. Brigade = military formation. Commanders = high end military officers. Red Hogs = breed of pig. Washington Football Team = a lazy name for a football team.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are your finalists:

Armada
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Presidents
RedHogs
RedWolves
Washington Football Team

I am sad to see the Washington Hockey Team didn't make the final cut.

Which name do you like the best?

Armada = a fleet of ships. Brigade = military formation. Commanders = high end military officers. Red Hogs = breed of pig. Washington Football Team = a lazy name for a football team.
All stupid names. And no Potato Salad so it's a Fake Poll!!

Go with the Whiteskins. This way they can still be called The Skins and white folks everywhere will cheer as they finally stop being oppressed in America.

Thank you.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the list I guess Commanders. From not on the list I like Federals. I know it was a shitty USFL franchise, but do you think the majority remember that? Not sure if there'd be any copyright issues since they don't exist anymore. NOTE: when they left Washington they became the Orlando Renegades. That's also a name I like, but I believe there are Native American connections there.

1629329698191.png

1629330058311.png

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Washington Warriors?

I mean, what, we're not allowed to say that Native-Americans were brave and strong?

Keep the warrior chief guy on the helmet. Reclaim his identity. He's not a redskin -- he's a bad ass.

Send me a check when you're ready, Mr. Snyder.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, what, we're not allowed to say that Native-Americans were brave and strong?

Keep the warrior chief guy on the helmet. Reclaim his identity. He's not a redskin -- he's a bad ass.

Yeah, for the fruit loops who’d be against warriors. That sounds like a denigration of the true warriors of the military, like it’s only an Indian thing. Take the Indian off the helmet and put an American soldier on it

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Self loathing white liberals hate Indians so they say they're trying to protect them against racism. That way they can do what they want while Indians everywhere go "huh"?

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a denigration of the true warriors of the military, like it’s only an Indian thing.

Nah. It's just renaming an established NFL mascot/icon without changing it completely. Of course our soldiers are warriors.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. It's just renaming an established NFL mascot/icon without changing it completely. Of course our soldiers are warriors.
Not really understanding what you mean here. My comment was about people who don’t want the team to be named warriors because that still supposedly has Indian intent to it. If that is so, why are they not hounding the nba team?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants Baseball and Football Team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Washington Skins” Hopefully that won’t offend anyone who has skin …

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really understanding what you mean here. My comment was about people who don’t want the team to be named warriors because that still supposedly has Indian intent to it. If that is so, why are they not hounding the nba team?

Not allowing any references to Native Americans is irrational. What's wrong with Native Americans? Why can't they represent the strength/power of a football team? Calling them a Warrior is obviously not the same as calling them a Redskin.

Of course the name Redskins can be considered offensive. But that doesn't mean an image of a Native American is offensive. You can keep the native guy and just change the name to something that rebrands it, empowers Native Americans and doesn't trigger (sensible) lefties.

Washington fans still have their cool native guy on the helmet -- and he no longer has a derogatory name and everyone is satisfied. Easy.