• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What round do we go WR

C

cubzzzfanincali

richig, on the one hand, I agree, yes we have some talented receiving options right now. That's true. The Bears do not HAVE to draft a WR. No way. They also should not overlook one IF the scouts feel that they have a generational opportunity (I used as an example Calvin Johnson) available. I don't know whether there are players that fit that description or not...that's why I said "if the scouts feel". Not you or me. If they think there's a prize WR, and he is a better raw player than even some of the other numerous positions needing upgrade, then I'd hope that's who they draft. You don't have to draft a WR. You also don't avoid it by default. This is the definition of BPA, and with a rare high #7 pick, it is particularly crucial that they get someone elite. It doesn't matter where. They need to get someone elite. Potentially even a WR.

I sort of put our odds of drafting a WR with #7 at around 20%. If I were laying money down, I don't think that's how the draft will go, but drafts are crazy, so who knows.

This is supposed to be a very rich draft in terms of WRs. I've basically heard that this is a WR and pass rusher rich draft, and most of the other positions seem pretty weak. I don't know if that's true or not, pre-draft scuttlebutt is notoriously unreliable, but that's what I've heard. If it is true, and given that it is more important that we get lasting contributors somewhere rather than must-haves at any specific positions, then - while we can wait for later rounds and maybe get lucky - we need to get something out of this draft, and that something maybe in the positions with known talent available.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the BPA argument I do believe a speedy WR would be very much on the Bears list. I would hope a QB OL DL WR LB are all on the top spot list. BPA should decide the pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all are crazy. WR is one of this teams strengths. We don't need another one as badly as we need defensive players.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all are crazy. WR is one of this teams strengths. We don't need another one as badly as we need defensive players.
I get it, I really do, but Pace has already said he's a BPA guy and if Cooper somehow falls to #7, as I sit here, the Bears will grab him. A difference maker, an elite difference maker (if that is how he grades out) is what Pace will do even if it is a Wr. In my opinion. Just will Cooper or the other kid, grade out in Pace's list, this we don't know.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going to be the team that hangs 30+ on the scoreboard every week and outshoots you. And that's good because I don't believe that is a winning formula in the long term.

It isnt- at all. Ive combed the numbers many times. Teams that are negative outliers in either PF or PA dont win enough- regardless of how good the other side of the ball may be. The 2013 Bears season is a perfect example.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rich it has been said over and over that were going BPA and at 7 that should/will be a WR.

I have a hard time believing that at the 7 slot there wont be a impact defensive front 7 prospect that doesnt grade out higher than a WR.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alshon, Wilsons 6 game career and 5'9 Eddie Royal?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I have a hard time believing that at the 7 slot there wont be a impact defensive front 7 prospect that doesnt grade out higher than a WR.

If there's an impact defensive front 7 guy available that grades out higher than a WR, then yes, take him instead. Take the highest graded guy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's better than most teams have. WR isn't a top priority. We may need to add a little depth, but defense is where we need to improve the most. Jeffery is a solid number 1, Wilson is an unknown number 2, and royal is a proven slot receiver. With Bennett and Forte, our receiving is very very good. Drafting a Wr in the first round would be insane. Its not like receivers are terribly important in today's game anyway, look at the best receivers in the Super Bowl, none would trump Jeffery at number 1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to add Forte and Bennett. We don't have to have a WR. But it looks like it's lining up that way. The top 3 pass rushers could be gone by our pick.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to add Forte and Bennett. We don't have to have a WR. But it looks like it's lining up that way. The top 3 pass rushers could be gone by our pick.

When Jeffrey or Wilson go down, Bennett and Forte wont be lining up as a wide receiver.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jeffrey or Wilson go down, Bennett and Forte wont be lining up as a wide receiver.
1. Yeah, obviously, but they can take pressure off of the player that steps in at WR.
2. The Broncos probably have the best WRs in the NFL, but if Thomas or Sanders goes down, they would also have an unknown quantity step in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well me too, but the mocks show different. Hey I want a D man too but it looks like a WR might be the BPA at 7. We all know it's a crap shoot. Just give me BPA. A top young WR would be fine in the long run. Were not fixing everything in one draft anyway and I believe the new DC will make the D much better even if we had the same guys that Mel had. Mel was the biggest problem.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yeah, obviously, but they can take pressure off of the player that steps in at WR.
2. The Broncos probably have the best WRs in the NFL, but if Thomas or Sanders goes down, they would also have an unknown quantity step in.

Obviously, so they will also be looking for depth.

We have a quarterback that requires a Wide Receiver to stop to catch the football. That means punishment, pain and injuries. I dont think Jeffrey has proven anything when Marshall was not on the field. His over 200 yard games both had Marshall double covered. There is nobody on this team to afford Alshon that luxury anymore.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a quarterback that requires a Wide Receiver to stop to catch the football. That means punishment, pain and injuries. I dont think Jeffrey has proven anything when Marshall was not on the field. His over 200 yard games both had Marshall double covered. There is nobody on this team to afford Alshon that luxury anymore.
I understand what you mean, but Jeffery has the talent to become one of the best WRs in the game. that luxury that you speak of from having marshall is just that. A luxury. There is probably only 2 or 3 other NFL teams that have weapons of that calibre. Not to mention Wrs aren't really THAT important. Heck, the best WR in the Super Bowl was Julian Edelman. It's nice to have top WRs, but spending a lot of resources to have great WRs can go over board. Using an early draft pick to replace Marshall is going overboard.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bears need to become the monsters of the midway again

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, you know, we have the best safety tandem in the league

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just watched a few nfl replay games and saw every qb hit the wr in stride less than 25 percent of the time......and I seen many many WR's stop to catch the ball. You are a jealous Bastard

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've looked at a bunch of moc's today, and they're all over the place... OLB's, DT, Wr, CB's, the experts don't have a clue who the Bears are going to pick. There are a few names mentioned more than once like, Trea Waynes, Cooper, Shelton & White. McShay has us picking Kevin White, Wr. I've seen Cooper as our pick, Shelton, Ray, Mariota, Kevin White, still seeing Collins out there in a few still. It is a hot mess.

All the experts seem to think, since the Pace has signed all these D guys in the off season, plus the plethora of LB types on the roster all ready inked to long term deals (Allen, Houston, Young), we are not going DE/OLB...