• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What musician or band......

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is completely out of your realm of musical tastes do you surprisingly enjoy? For me, it's Tom Jones. I'm a roots rock kind of guy heavily into people/bands like John Fogerty, the Blasters, Dave Edmunds, ZZ Top, Johnny Winter, etc. When I first met my wife, she was going through my huge (3,000+) CD collection and stopped in her tracks when she saw all of my Tom Jones CDs. The guy has one of the best voices ever.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanni. I saw him and his full orchestral ensemble live while I was vacationing in Greece back in the early 90's. Tremendous, powerful concert. Flawless professional musicianship and charisma. He has a huge dedicated and diverse fan base. I was amazed.

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is completely out of your realm of musical tastes do you surprisingly enjoy? For me, it's Tom Jones. I'm a roots rock kind of guy heavily into people/bands like John Fogerty, the Blasters, Dave Edmunds, ZZ Top, Johnny Winter, etc. When I first met my wife, she was going through my huge (3,000+) CD collection and stopped in her tracks when she saw all of my Tom Jones CDs. The guy has one of the best voices ever.

I too am a roots kind of guy but my music also includes a lot of old school Motown, R&B, and the classics (Sinatra, Martin, etc). That said I guess my inclusion of groups like ABBA, KC and the Sunshine Band and Buckwheat Zydeco might seem a bit odd.

BTW, 10 thumbs up for Johnny Winter.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe pop music - but there are some Pink songs that I don't mind...

Weird.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K.

I'm 41. My parents are 78 and 79.

That being said, I have a WIDE range of music taste. Most of the music I like is hard rock from seventy's to today. BUT I do jump track and like my folks era. 50's. Elvis. Coasters. Chuck Berry, etc.

Here's where things go off the rails. My parents also introduced me to... Gulp:L Glen Miller music years ago. And I like it.

I don't listen to it often. But if by some miracle it comes on a stray station.... I do listen. And my girlfriend makes fun of me.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiona Apple

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's always time to Marty Party

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K.

That being said, I have a WIDE range of music taste. Most of the music I like is hard rock from seventy's to today. BUT I do jump track and like my folks era. 50's. Elvis. Coasters. Chuck Berry, etc.

Here's where things go off the rails. My parents also introduced me to... Gulp:L Glen Miller music years ago. And I like it.

I don't listen to it often. But if by some miracle it comes on a stray station.... I do listen. And my girlfriend makes fun of me.
Glenn Miller is great! Had a couple CDs way back in junior high. (He died in a whore house in France. If that's not rock starish I don't know what it.)

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's was crazy good.

I really don't care for modern pop-country. But I'll listen to Rascal Flats. (Pink has songs I enjoy also.)

Yea, I can barely listen to country these days. I reckon cause it ain't country. It's, as you called it, pop-country. It all sounds the same to me anymore. I think the mid 90's was about the end of country for me or at least what I liked.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K.

"American Patrol" by the Glenn Miller Orchestra is a kick ass tune.."String of Pearls" too.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was forced to listen to country growing up around the house as my mom loved the stuff, I have never liked country music but I have actually purchased a Johnny Cash CD and for some weird reason I can listen to Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was forced to listen to country growing up around the house as my mom loved the stuff, I have never liked country music but I have actually purchased a Johnny Cash CD and for some weird reason I can listen to Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn...

Now that's when country was country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pYA46dyKh4]Johnny Cash - The Long Black Veil - YouTube[/ame]

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I can barely listen to country these days. I reckon cause it ain't country. It's, as you called it, pop-country. It all sounds the same to me anymore. I think the mid 90's was about the end of country for me or at least what I liked.

That was about the time I heard Buck Owens refer to it as "watered down rock'n'roll".

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthrax
Amoung the living is one of the best albums ever

My musical taste ranges from Charlie Rich to Anthrax

That's another one I can listen too, Charlie Rich, The most beautiful girl in the world & behind closed doors, great songs.