• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kind of new contract should Knowshon get?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a forgone conclusion at this point that Knowshon is going to get a new deal from Denver after this year. The guy has finally become the all around back we had hoped for and he's stayed healthy for the most part (knock on wood). Now, I was the biggest skeptic of Knowshon going into this year, mostly because of his inability to stay healthy a whole year, but seeing as how he's been a complete stud this year I'm curious what type of deal would be good enough to keep him here. I fully believe in him being a "team" kind of guy, so I can see him taking a reasonable deal. It is time for this guy to get paid though.

What type of deal do you guys see him getting? I'm thinking something in the 4 year/$35 million range.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure he get's resigned as crazy as that sounds. The Broncos have Decker, Woodyard, Harris, Beadles, and a handful of other guys that have to be resigned this year and since the Broncos have used some draft picks on the running back position already I can see Moreno being one that maybe they let go depending on how much he wants in a contract. Throw in his injury history and he becomes a very risky signing.

Now the contract you have him at would put him about in that 5-7 range of highest paid running backs in the NFL. Not sure the Broncos want to give that much. Now all of this will depend in my opinion on how Ball finishes out the year. If he finishes strong then it makes it a little easier for the Broncos to move on from Moreno as that has been their hope all year is for Ball to eventually take over and he seems to be developing pretty well other than the fumbles.

Right now Moreno is about a $3.3 million cap hit for this team. If the Broncos could keep him for around that $3 million mark I wouldn't mind seeing them do something like 3 years $10 million kind of thing with him.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking something in the 4 year/$35 million range.

I doubt he gets anywhere close to that. The broncos have a lot of people to re-sign this year and that much money for a position that is not our strength and has other talent developing.

I would like for him to come back, maybe 3 years /$15 million.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Broncos have a team option on Moreno for next season, anyway? I'm pretty sure they do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have as you say Broncos6482 a club option which is actually pretty club friendly. I could definitely see them doing that to give them a great 1-2 punch (Fox seems to really like to have 2 very good running backs) and then let him walk after that one. With running backs in today's NFL being treated like a dime a dozen I just have a hard time seeing the Broncos resign him after his contract is fully up unless it is really club friendly.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Broncos have a team option on Moreno for next season, anyway? I'm pretty sure they do.

According to what I've read, Denver can exercise an option for 2014 by paying Moreno a little over $5 MM. Not sure when that option needed to be exercised by though.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure he get's resigned as crazy as that sounds. The Broncos have Decker, Woodyard, Harris, Beadles, and a handful of other guys that have to be resigned this year and since the Broncos have used some draft picks on the running back position already I can see Moreno being one that maybe they let go depending on how much he wants in a contract. Throw in his injury history and he becomes a very risky signing.

Now the contract you have him at would put him about in that 5-7 range of highest paid running backs in the NFL. Not sure the Broncos want to give that much. Now all of this will depend in my opinion on how Ball finishes out the year. If he finishes strong then it makes it a little easier for the Broncos to move on from Moreno as that has been their hope all year is for Ball to eventually take over and he seems to be developing pretty well other than the fumbles.

Right now Moreno is about a $3.3 million cap hit for this team. If the Broncos could keep him for around that $3 million mark I wouldn't mind seeing them do something like 3 years $10 million kind of thing with him.

I believe Woodyard, Decker. Harris and Beadles need to be around before Moreno. Moreno back at 5 million wouldnt be bad at all but I believe there are guys that need to be resigned before him.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Woodyard, Decker. Harris and Beadles need to be around before Moreno. Moreno back at 5 million wouldnt be bad at all but I believe there are guys that need to be resigned before him.

My priority list would be:

Woodyard
Decker
Harris
Moreno
Beadles

Depending on where we are drafting, we might be able to find an interior lineman to replace Beadles. (Bringing Moreno back on the club option works for me)

Disclaimer: As the former CBSers can confirm: I have been a Moreno guy since day 1. Very happy to see him stepping up the way he has been.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong....but DT is also coming up on a big payday as well. He has "franchise tag" written all over him, in my opinion.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong....but DT is also coming up on a big payday as well. He has "franchise tag" written all over him, in my opinion.

He's got one more year on his deal, but will obviously be a huge priority after next year.

I keep forgetting that Wood is gonna be due a big raise as well. I guess I was a bit overblown thinking Knowshon is gonna ask for $8+ million a year. Hopefully we can get him back on maybe a deal that pays $5 million per :nod:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that DRC also can void the second year of his contract, making him a free agent. I'd say he's second only to Woodyard as far as importance of bringing back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing for Moreno is it looks like if we do option that final year his Cap Number (the more important than what his actual salary is) is somewhere in the $2 million range which is a huge discount considering the production he is having this season.