• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the bigger issue ?

What is the bigger issue ?

• Total voters

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel its a combination, with an emphasis on player execution. Yes, we could use more talent but I really feel we DO have enough talent to be competitive and show a more complete game. How do you fix mental errors, fortitude and toughness? The ability to Finish strong in games? Start fast consistently? Not just doing your job, but playing just a bit better than your talent level? Half time adjustments?

Some would say that's all coaching and game planning. I think it's a combination of issues. That's what makes it so hard to overcome and address the problem.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line has been neglected for far too long we need a overhaul except for LT and the defensive line has been poor I rarely see them collapse the pocket.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, there is always a gray area. But for the purpose of this poll I want it to be black or white. I don't want to share too much of my thoughts and bias the poll results until others have had an opportunity to weigh in. But to respond to your post I will say ... I dont think you can coach fortitude and toughness. Intangibles we lost alot of when Zo went to Arizona, and the special teams unit this season reflects that. So, you're voting the players ?
I really feel its a combination, with an emphasis on player execution.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it has to be one or the other, than I'm going 51% players.

One thing:
I feel stats can be truly misleading and be dangerous when making assessments and decisions about a roster.

When a team is winning, we overly praise based on them and the same can be said in reverse. Context becomes critical. To find answers and solve issues, you need to address the "how" and "why" objectively. Hard to do that, as a fan, most times. We are guilty of over reaction and just being sick of same, old, same old, which can skew opinions greatly. Patience and consistency are often underrated. Blowing things up, all over, usually sets you back on forward progress in a franchise. How long it affects the franchise and whether it's worth it, is only validated in hind sight. Be careful what you wish for, sometimes the end result is not even close to what you want with turning over staff. Note the last 20 + years.

I'm in no way saying that everything should stay the same, btw. Just that we need to slooooow down with a "fire a different person" every week. It's different aspects of the game that show weakness every week, that's the hugest issue for me.

JMHO.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line has been neglected for far too long we need a overhaul except for LT and the defensive line has been poor I rarely see them collapse the pocket.

just how is the o/line "neglected again ? they are a top run blocking unit and only 5 teams have had their qbs sacked less.

the offense has been top 5 2 years running and polumbus has allowed one sack all year long

the defense needs the attention

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol skins dad, I knew that comment would not pass you by...

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslet'is the problem. And wr. Moss and robinson are taking up wr spots

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The largest problem is the $36 million loss in penalties the last two years. That is a much bigger handicap than most give credit for. Every team in the league other than Dallas who had a lesser penalty is playing at or can play at 25% advantage to the Redskins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a definite factor, Sportster. Krush, I'm thinking the problem with this poll is that it is too narrow in scope. The biggest problem is how many issues we seem to be having everywhere, at the moment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is hard for me to fault a guy who has a top 5 offense 4 of 6 years running with 2 different teams

i know people gripe about Kyle but what does that say about thier gripes ?

on the defensive side haslett has been undermanned a lot but some of his schemes simply baffle me

i want kerrigan and Rak rushing the passer and what happened to the tapp jackson jenkins rak and kerrigan pass rush ?

my feeling is the talent isnt where it should be on defense but the playcalling doesnt help

i feel the offense is fine

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just how is the o/line "neglected again ? they are a top run blocking unit and only 5 teams have had their qbs sacked less.

the offense has been top 5 2 years running and polumbus has allowed one sack all year long

the defense needs the attention

If it weren't for Morris and RG3 running the ball every game. If you watch Morris is having to fight for tough yardage they can't block worth crap and don't get me started on pass blocking absolute garbage

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for Morris and RG3 running the ball every game. If you watch Morris is having to fight for tough yardage they can't block worth crap and don't get me started on pass blocking absolute garbage

I sorta have to disagree with you saying they cant block worth a crap.....Sure there are plays when he puts his head down and gets 1 or 2 where he should have maybe lost yards, but every running back has to do that...there are often times he does have a decent hole to go thru and gets good gains....When a back break a 10yard run or more....you can thank the O-line for their work, and we know Morris has had many of them.....

Pass blocking is a seperate issue, but run blocking is NOT a problem with the O-line

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta have to disagree with you saying they cant block worth a crap.....Sure there are plays when he puts his head down and gets 1 or 2 where he should have maybe lost yards, but every running back has to do that...there are often times he does have a decent hole to go thru and gets good gains....When a back break a 10yard run or more....you can thank the O-line for their work, and we know Morris has had many of them.....

Pass blocking is a seperate issue, but run blocking is NOT a problem with the O-line

Pass blocking is more suspect I agree, but RG3 also needs to learn how to release the ball faster. He's still missing open receivers while staring down 1 or 2 and waiting for them to open up. It's a bad combination unfortunately. A little improvement from both could go a long way.

I think it's hard because when you do run the ball as effectively as we do, how do you redo half the line to get better at pass blocking and still hope to maintain a top rushing offense? Making one better can hurt the other easily.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass blocking is more suspect I agree, but RG3 also needs to learn how to release the ball faster. He's still missing open receivers while staring down 1 or 2 and waiting for them to open up.

I agree... but other factors include

• WR not getting separation
  • Only sending out 2 WR to provide Griffin max protection.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND these two articles which highlights these issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a 2 way street. There's nothing more frustrating about being at a game though and seeing a quarterback get sacked when there was at least 1 open receiver. Reed is almost ALWAYS open! Live games are frustrating since you see a lot of what "could have been" :(

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AM gets great holes to run through and it was shown throughout the vikings game telecast

the stats are there in black and white for you . you just see the negative

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash