• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If? 4/8

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the DC special, DBs galore

9. Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
40. Richie Grant, S, Central Fla

if this happened, it would be Bama players in round 1 two years in a row after going so long without ever taking one.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind it at all.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could get behind a Surtain/Grant combo -though I still believe a top ILB who can cover TEs and rush the passer is what the Broncos need most.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it I hear a lot of analysts say Surtain is not a scheme fit for Fangio

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's why he's off my list at 9
It's hard to run fast with a scalpel in your back. From what I've read Surtain may be better suited to a man to man defense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wrong a lot but I would disagree with people who claim Surtain is not a scheme fit for Fangio. Farley fits perfect but like Mingo said his injuries are pretty concerning especially when we are talking about multiple back surgeries.
I do know Denver has shown significant interest in Surtain as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wrong a lot but I would disagree with people who claim Surtain is not a scheme fit for Fangio. Farley fits perfect but like Mingo said his injuries are pretty concerning especially when we are talking about multiple back surgeries.
I do know Denver has shown significant interest in Surtain as well.

Don't tell me that last part DC!!! I'm just kidding. I don't mind Surtain. My issue is I just don't view him as a guy that moves the needle a whole lot for me. Farley without the injuries did because I really could picture him as a top-5 CB in the NFL. If I'm using a top-10 pick on the position I have to view them as that kind of possibility. I think Surtain is one of the highest floor players in the draft and you are getting a good player just not my cup of tea.

As for Richie Grant he is another player I like but don't love. Coverage wise hard to find better. He just is a bit inconsistent when asked to help in the tackling department and with Fangio liking his Safeties being multiple to confuse a QB I think he could become a bit of a hindrance in what you can call.

I would give this draft a C+

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you give it a B- then? ;)

Agree with Grant. I love ballhawking S’s but he may not be up to par for Fangio on his tackling skills. Fangio may not like him quite as much as a ballhawking DB freak like Draft Crazy does.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you give it a B- then? ;)

Agree with Grant. I love ballhawking S’s but he may not be up to par for Fangio on his tackling skills. Fangio may not like him quite as much as a ballhawking DB freak like Draft Crazy does.

I could maybe be talked into a B-. The idea of a ballhawking safety paired with this pass rush does sound fun and something this defense has been missing for a while. The Broncos were terrible at getting turnovers the last couple of years. I do like the idea of adding strength to a strength with the defense looking like a top-5 unit before these two picks would have been made and now looking even stronger moving forward.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a turnover whore. There is nothing that excites me more then ballhawks with noses for the football!! (This is what had me hooked on Ed Reed the first game I ever saw him play in his FR year at Miami, his ball skills and football awareness was different to me and I could spot that right away in him) Obviously tackling is a huge part of football. Not saying I don’t care about tacklers. But after going through the Shanahan stop gap S’s who could hit but not cover, I can appreciate the guys like Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson who are pretty solid at both for the most part. I think Grant would fill a role as our #3 safety and could start next year but I do agree his tackling skills may not excite Fangio enough and there are gonna be a lot of intriguing prospects of value when we pick in round 2.

To be honest... I won’t be a bit surprised if Grant is gone by our Round 2 pick. To me he is a possibility to be one of those surprised like a Jimmie Ward was to sneak into the end of Round 1 but if I was betting I would be conservative and say early round 2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a turnover whore. There is nothing that excites me more then ballhawks with noses for the football!! (This is what had me hooked on Ed Reed the first game I ever saw him play in his FR year at Miami, his ball skills and football awareness was different to me and I could spot that right away in him) Obviously tackling is a huge part of football. Not saying I don’t care about tacklers. But after going through the Shanahan stop gap S’s who could hit but not cover, I can appreciate the guys like Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson who are pretty solid at both for the most part. I think Grant would fill a role as our #3 safety and could start next year but I do agree his tackling skills may not excite Fangio enough and there are gonna be a lot of intriguing prospects of value when we pick in round 2.

To be honest... I won’t be a bit surprised if Grant is gone by our Round 2 pick. To me he is a possibility to be one of those surprised like a Jimmie Ward was to sneak into the end of Round 1 but if I was betting I would be conservative and say early round 2.

Where do you think Holland goes in the draft? Him sitting out this last year makes where he will go quite the mystery to me. Before that he had some incredible tape.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense does have some older guys, so being able to infuse some good young talent on that side of the ball would be a positive. Will this be Von's last year? KJack is back, but on a 1 year deal, my guess is he signs elsewhere next year. Callahan and Fuller are free agents as are Alexander Johnson and Josey Jewell. We also have some younger guys whose contracts are about up, and will be look to get paid. We will see how this plays out. I expect a lot of attention to the defensive side of the ball in the draft.

I do like this combo. With the teams in our division we need to be able to play good pass defense. I will give it a B+.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think Holland goes in the draft? Him sitting out this last year makes where he will go quite the mystery to me. Before that he had some incredible tape.

Honestly had Holland my #1 S prior to him sitting out this year. I think he goes round 2. He is very versatile. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him play all over the field. CB, S, Nickel. Reminds me of a leas glorified Jabrill Peppers coming out. I have him as my #3 Safety.

Moehrig
Grant
Holland

Probably the biggest downfall for Holland is that he is still very raw but he has loads of potential. I think he is certainly one guy that should have highly consider playing this season season.

I really believe Holland and Rousseau had a lot to come back and play for this year instead of being content, some others have passed them up now. Overall though, he will be fine. I’d expect him to go Round 2 and a little less developed coming out. If he stays and shows he has developed even more from one year to the next I think we were talking about him as a first round draft selection and possibly ready to play right away. Ball skills and and coverage make him intriguing as a CB. The versatility factor is huge for him. He and Grant are battling for #2 S. I feel Moehrig has #1 wrapped up. I think Grant has the edge with uncertainty on Holland but Holland’s upside May intrigue someone more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly had Holland my #1 S prior to him sitting out this year. I think he goes round 2. He is very versatile. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him play all over the field. CB, S, Nickel. Reminds me of a leas glorified Jabrill Peppers coming out. I have him as my #3 Safety.

Moehrig
Grant
Holland

Probably the biggest downfall for Holland is that he is still very raw but he has loads of potential. I think he is certainly one guy that should have highly consider playing this season season.

I really believe Holland and Rousseau had a lot to come back and play for this year instead of being content, some others have passed them up now. Overall though, he will be fine. I’d expect him to go Round 2 and a little less developed coming out. If he stays and shows he has developed even more from one year to the next I think we were talking about him as a first round draft selection and possibly ready to play right away. Ball skills and and coverage make him intriguing as a CB. The versatility factor is huge for him. He and Grant are battling for #2 S. I feel Moehrig has #1 wrapped up. I think Grant has the edge with uncertainty on Holland but Holland’s upside May intrigue someone more.

That is my thought as well. I think Rousseau could be the player hurt the most by sitting out all season. He had so many question marks to his game. I'm not a huge fan of taking him as I think he is too big of a project and won't live up to the hype that surrounded him earlier in the year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Rousseau stays and develops and takes that leap everyone expected him to take he could be a top 10 pick, but now there are more questions then excitement with him sitting out the season. He could go from a top 10 pick to a Round 2 pick simply because he sat out.... Bad decision, IMO... Holland should have played, IMO. It will cost him a chance in Round 1 when all is said and done. Had he played he could have made it into Round 1, but I think the difference for him is less then Rousseau. Holland probably goes late Round 1 if he comes back at best and now he probably goes mid Round 2.. Hurts him some... Who knows if he comes back maybe his stock stays the same but he had a lot to come back for... Rousseau is the guy who hurt himself the most by sitting out, no doubt. Rousseau and Holland are the first two that come to mind when I think about who should not have sat out... You think of a guy like Sage Surratt, but I think weather he repeats his SOPH season or not there are always going to be speed questions for him just like Oregon State WR Isaiah Hodgins last year so he probably falls due to speed regardless of the stats he puts up in that Wake inflated system..... Too many good WR's to not have great speed and not be hurt by it come draft time.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m adding Jibril Cox or another LB RD 2. Two good players, though, Springster.