• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if 4-23-16

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just going to put this out there of why I have switched towards Hackenberg. Watching him at the LOS pre snap honestly reminds me a ton of Manning. He is asked to read a defense, know where the MIKE is, know what kind of blitz packages are coming (just shows how terrible his OL was that he was sacked more than any other QB over the last 2 years), make adjustments...All of these things are what will be asked of an NFL QB. For Hackenberg to me it is about getting his feet right. He has terrible footwork that only got worse during his time in college. Get his feet work going and I think he could really take off. Part of me likes the idea of taking him 1st round because we get that extra year of him on the cheap. I don't think value wise that is where he should go but QB's always get bumped up.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me while I like Lynch I just think Hackenberg has as much upside as him, is further along in his development, and doesn't cost us anything to get him as I doubt anybody takes him before 31 and heck maybe even 63.

you are saying what I have been saying the past month bruh lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are saying what I have been saying the past month bruh lol
Haha well I have taken the time to really look at Hackenberg and honestly the more I look into him the more I really am ok even if we use our 1st round pick on him. If you watch the video I just posted on the Draft post they do an incredible job breaking down why his stats just do not show the type of prospect he is. I really like him now probably more than any other QB in this draft even if Wentz or Goff fell to us. Just something about him that just makes me think he can be great.

Also loved towards the end of the video the guy goes "This is January 27th and right now most have him going 2nd day and even 3rd day in the draft. I'm going to tell you what is going to happen. He is going to go to the combine, wow the coaches, show improved footwork, cause coaches to go back and look at the film and realize he is so much more than what his stats show, and all of a sudden the scouts/coaches/analyst and finally fans will get excited about this guy and he will end up being a 1st round pick." Well here we are a week before the draft and Hackenberg's name keeps showing up in the 1st round. My guess is the analyst are hearing there is more hype around this kid than what there was a month ago and that teams are more excited about his potential than what us fans are at this time.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched that video, also the rsp film room break downs of him, and almost every game of his on draft breakdown. There is a reason i have been calling for him for a while now :) I am hoping we go BPA round 1 at 31, then trade up to mid 2nd round and are able to nab hack.

Also hack is a decent athlete, and he is sooo damn good in Play action. He is made to play off of the run

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched that video, also the rsp film room break downs of him, and almost every game of his on draft breakdown. There is a reason i have been calling for him for a while now :) I am hoping we go BPA round 1 at 31, then trade up to mid 2nd round and are able to nab hack.

Also hack is a decent athlete, and he is sooo damn good in Play action. He is made to play off of the run

Just really hope Elway sees all that we are seeing. Yeah I hadn't watched much of Hackenberg before these last couple of weeks. I had been on the Cook train for quite some time and I still wouldn't mind him but Hackenberg just looks like a guy that with the right coaching staff that can have a bit of patience he really could become a top-10 QB in this league. He does the things that are very difficult to teach a prospect. The fact that for 3 years now he has been making reads at the LOS, making adjustments, and all of the pre-read things just down right impresses me. Sometimes all of that is hard to see on film especially when they cut to just right before the snap.

My biggest reason for liking him in the 1st though is the idea of having him locked in for 5-years instead of 4. If we can get him mid-2nd though I would be happy with that also. Man the draft cannot get here soon enough. Love this time of year!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just really hope Elway sees all that we are seeing. Yeah I hadn't watched much of Hackenberg before these last couple of weeks. I had been on the Cook train for quite some time and I still wouldn't mind him but Hackenberg just looks like a guy that with the right coaching staff that can have a bit of patience he really could become a top-10 QB in this league. He does the things that are very difficult to teach a prospect. The fact that for 3 years now he has been making reads at the LOS, making adjustments, and all of the pre-read things just down right impresses me. Sometimes all of that is hard to see on film especially when they cut to just right before the snap.

My biggest reason for liking him in the 1st though is the idea of having him locked in for 5-years instead of 4. If we can get him mid-2nd though I would be happy with that also. Man the draft cannot get here soon enough. Love this time of year!

I'm just glad others are finally coming around. I really want to walk out of this draft with dak or hack round 2 or driskel or brissett round 3/4

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad others are finally coming around. I really want to walk out of this draft with dak or hack round 2 or driskel or brissett round 3/4

Dak is a tough one for me. I see the skill and I love that as a passer you can see the improvement throughout the years and that he really worked at it. I love his running ability but just for some reason watching him I just don't see the wow factor that makes me go "I am watching a future NFL QB." If we draft him I understand why the team likes him as he has plenty to like and obviously with the number of visits he has taken it shows teams like what they see.

The others they have some traits to like. I just think they are a 2-3 year project before we would see anything.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Hackenberg's game against Illinois this past season. Now given this was statistically probably his best game of the year. You see though in watching this just how much better his stats really should have been. He went 21 of 29 passing, 266 yards, and 2 touchdowns with 0 interceptions. Of those 8 incompletions he had his receivers drop 4 of them, 1 throw away, 2 off target passes, and another where the WR was held and a flag was thrown. You also saw in this game his ability to avoid pressure and really just how bad his OL was. This was one of the better games blocking wise but there were still a few times where he was trying to do play action and they could have almost tackled him and the RB at the same time because they beat the OT with them barely getting a hand on them.

Anyway I am probably starting to get too attached to this kid and of course when that happens it is always that terrible let down when another team takes them.