• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if? 4/18

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 9: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
Pick 40: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
I'm one of those - all in on - Micah Parsons -so I'm happy with that. I do think he is the best defensive player in the draft.

Stokes - I'm less happy about, but he would fit into a Fangio schemed defense - it seems to me. I do think better CBs would be available at 40.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parson’s concerns me with the character concerns, but if Denver selects him at 9 they have obviously vetted and are comfortable with these allegations.

Eric Stokes could be a very good CB in the Callahan role from Chicago, but he could use to add some strength.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard part with Parsons is beyond the off the field issues you still have to do a ton of projecting of what he could be in the NFL. He wasn't asked to drop back into coverage and play 1-on-1 very often so all projections are that his athleticism will allow him to be good in that area. My issue with that thinking is I do question some his maturity and football intelligence as there were a lot of times he got faked out of his cleats in college. Pass coverage is just as much about intelligence as that of athleticism.

Stokes I'm ok with but would want to know who else is still available. I think he could turn into a good CB in the NFL especially under Fangio, but he would be a "well he makes sense" kind of pick.